Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

15 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Stan Kroenke took land he owned, and announced his intention to build a modern, state-of-the-art stadium with his own money.

He didn’t ask for public money he didn’t need from California or Inglewood. He turned down public money from Missouri and St. Louis he didn’t want or need. 

He basically did everything we want to see out of billionaire owners when it comes to stadiums; use his wealth to build his own damn building without taking taxpayer money he doesn’t need. 

And yet some people are determined to cast him as the villain because he dared to have the arrogance to move a team he owned outright to the market of his choosing on his own dime. 

I just don’t get some people.

I said this for two years on other forums. THANK YOU.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I'm glad the Rams are having a good season. But I really, really, REALLY hope they don't win a Super Bowl in these ridiculous transition period uniforms.

16 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I still think we sometimes [lose] sight of the bigger picture though.

I remember someone here going that they don't want the Canucks to ever win the Stanley Cup while they wear the orca logo. I mean I get it, the orca sucks, but that just seems silly.

That all depends on what you define as the "bigger picture". 

I will freely admit that I often care more about the uniforms than about the results of the games.

For the Nets, the only team outside of soccer that I care about, if I had to choose between their switching to a good uniform or making a run deep into the playoffs, I'd choose the former.  If that makes me a bad fan by someone else's reconing, I am willing to live with that. I am comfortable with my priorities.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Just found this awesome image of a vintage Merv Corning painting and didn't know where else to put it...

36fbe57c159d0cf0f6c47b0aa30bc242.jpg

That is awesome.  Great uniform for the Rams.

I would vastly prefer gold jerseys, but if they're simple enough blue could work.

1278.jpg

I think the key is to avoid pointless, fussy details.  They're starting with the best helmet design in the league, and should do everything they can to point the uniform focus there.

I'd have no problems with a 50s inspired look for the Rams, although, sadly, we'd lose the sleeve stripes and oversized numerals. Ideally, they would be allowed to wear yellow jerseys in place of white on the road, but more likely they would wear blue at home, white on the road, and yellow as an alternate. Both white and yellow pants could be used, possibly even blue ones. Just return to the old royal and gold, and I'll be happy.

On 11/1/2017 at 10:17 AM, Gothamite said:

I would vastly prefer gold jerseys, but if they're simple enough blue could work.

1278.jpg

I think the key is to avoid pointless, fussy details.  They're starting with the best helmet design in the league, and should do everything they can to point the uniform focus there.

Such as replicating the helmet horns on the sleeve/shoulder. My only problem with these uniforms is the lack of jersey horns. I've just always loved those.

On 10/31/2017 at 1:09 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

That all depends on what you define as the "bigger picture". 

I will freely admit that I often care more about the uniforms than about the results of the games.

For the Nets, the only team outside of soccer that I care about, if I had to choose between their switching to a good uniform or making a run deep into the playoffs, I'd choose the former.  If that makes me a bad fan by someone else's reconing, I am willing to live with that. I am comfortable with my priorities.

They already have have a great uniform. They just need a great logo to match. :-)

On 11/3/2017 at 6:50 AM, Gothamite said:

See, I think the shoulder horns steal focus and take away from the overall effect. Especially when compared with the very literal helmet horns.

That’s one element I would definitely leave in the past (and reserve for the inevitable throwback set).

Wholeheartedly agree. Quite frankly, I never understood the appeal of the shoulder horns in the context of the whole uniform. A ram doesn’t have four horns, and if it did, the extra set probably wouldn’t be on its shoulders.

The Northwestern stripes are nice, but they’re still a bit detailed to pair with the smooth horns for me. I like how they look with the notched horns, though.

The best pairing with the smooth horns for me is a simple USC-style shoulder stripe. The shape works well with the horns, evokes the shoulder horns without going full horn overload, connects to the St. Louis uniform and the white uniform of the Fearsome Foursome look, and it’s a good use of space on today’s style of jersey.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 11/1/2017 at 10:17 AM, Gothamite said:

1278.jpg

Several thoughts: I dig that shade of blue.  I'd like to see a secondary jersey similar to this, with gold as the primary.  I might be inclined to go stripeless on the jersey.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

15 hours ago, Gothamite said:

See, I think the shoulder horns steal focus and take away from the overall effect. Especially when compared with the very literal helmet horns.

That’s one element I would definitely leave in the past (and reserve for the inevitable throwback set).

13 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Wholeheartedly agree. Quite frankly, I never understood the appeal of the shoulder horns in the context of the whole uniform. A ram doesn’t have four horns, and if it did, the extra set probably wouldn’t be on its shoulders.

Thirded.

3 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:
15 hours ago, Gothamite said:

13 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Thirded.

You guys are nuts. The Rams' shoulder horns are uniquely theirs, and can only be theirs. It's as distinctive a feature as the St. Louis Cardinals' birds on a bat.

You don't abandon an essential part of your identity (well, unless you're the Padres).

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 hours ago, Mitch B said:

Several thoughts: I dig that shade of blue.  I'd like to see a secondary jersey similar to this, with gold as the primary.  I might be inclined to go stripeless on the jersey.

100%. the exact Rams history escapes me but i think for one year they had a yellow/gold jersey., but i would love to see that color return as the primary because its up for grabs; no one has a yellow primary jersey in the NFL

i also like the idea of going “new blue, old gold” with stripeless pieces. to piggyback what Andrew said, the geometric striping just clashes with the helmet horms and rounded corners of the current numbers; which is a good number set. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Take the existing template, simplify it a bit if necessary, and use the old Rams colors and block numbers. Should have been the plan from day one. The jerseys they have now are a good update of the classics, it's the colors that are all wrong.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

17 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

You guys are nuts. The Rams' shoulder horns are uniquely theirs, and can only be theirs. It's as distinctive a feature as the St. Louis Cardinals' birds on a bat.

You don't abandon an essential part of your identity (well, unless you're the Padres).

Just because it’s theirs doesn’t mean it’s not lacking in concept. It’s an idea that simply makes no sense, unlike birds standing on bats, which is an entirely plausible situation to encounter.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It's really weird to me that people are against the shoulder horn jerseys for the simple reason that it's not realistic. I feel like if we ran through all of the unrealistic elements of uniforms and logos we'd never get anything else done. 

I personally love the shoulder horns, but the Rams don't necessarily need them. They could go with the shoulder horns, the old Northwestern stripes, something closer to the blue and white design (but with blue and yellow), or something else. The Rams have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to uniform history to pull from. 

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

It's really weird to me that people are against the shoulder horn jerseys for the simple reason that it's not realistic. I feel like if we ran through all of the unrealistic elements of uniforms and logos we'd never get anything else done. 

I personally love the shoulder horns, but the Rams don't necessarily need them. They could go with the shoulder horns, the old Northwestern stripes, something closer to the blue and white design (but with blue and yellow), or something else. The Rams have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to uniform history to pull from. 

Its not *just* that it’s unrealistic. Eagle wings on the head are unrealistic. There are already ram horns on the helmet. That’s what makes it completely unnecessary *and* unrealistic; a double whammy of silliness.

21 hours ago, the admiral said:

Take the existing template, simplify it a bit if necessary, and use the old Rams colors and block numbers. Should have been the plan from day one. The jerseys they have now are a good update of the classics, it's the colors that are all wrong.

I'd be okay with this, but keep the existing number font. Also, if they were to just recolor the St. Louis uniforms then they must go with plain, stripeless pants. I know a lot of people here don't like plain pants, but it was a good look on the Rams in STL. They should have never put stripes on the white and blue pants they added to set. IMO the pants stripes just threw off the entire look of the uniform whenever they wore them.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

No, either use Futura Display numbers to match the wordmark (the classic endzone one, not the logo one) or use good old block. The modified City numbers do nothing for me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived