Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, guest23 said:

The key factor is that my opinion is rooted in historical and professional context with clearly laid out criteria.

Everybody thinks that about their own opinions. But in the end, they’re just opinions. And that’s still cool. 

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Everybody thinks that about their own opinions. But in the end, they’re just opinions. And that’s still cool. 

Not the case at all. Unfortunately the "both sides" fallacy has corrupted modern discourse and fooled many into thinking that thought out perspectives based on experience and logic carries equal weighting as cockamamie and half-baked whims.

19 hours ago, Pauly said:

That's a nice look.Of course a "road" uni could be the white tops with the CR pants if you can show that also that would be great.

The color rush pants are essentially the same as the throwback pants. So, something like this. 

BxQjllN.jpg

In case anyone's wondering, the Rams said they want to do something new and different while at the same time recognizing the heritage(the blue/yellow uniforms/colors the LA fans are obsessed with) in regard to the major uniform change.

I think going with yellow/gold as the primary works nicely regarding that.

Are the LA fans obsessed with anything really? Serious question, since it doesn’t seem like they’re even “obsessed” with their team that’s playing really well and has a great shot at making it to the Owl in the event the Eagles voluntarily withdraw from the playoffs. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Are the LA fans obsessed with anything really? Serious question, since it doesn’t seem like they’re even “obsessed” with their team that’s playing really well and has a great shot at making it to the Owl in the event the Eagles voluntarily withdraw from the playoffs. 

From two LA Times reporters:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

48 minutes ago, duxrcool048 said:

I was checking out some photos from practice and the white horns on the helmets look pretty good with the dark blue facemasks.

temp171228_RamsPracteice_SOCIAL_045--nfl

The dark facemask keeps the attention on the horns (where it should be). The white facemask stands out too much.

That’s my biggest problem with the white horns - they get lost in all the other white on the helmet.  

When the white horns were originally introduced, the face masks were gray, and aside from the chin straps there weren’t any other white elements on the helmet.  So they could still stand out. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSb4Uv5dL31SC4PK_GUeTO

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_sWYkbDzYrXsxji16rHS

13973401756_8a90f5c3b8_o.png

Nothing obscures the arc of that horn. Even with all the white on those uniforms, the horns are distinct. But today, with all the extra trimming, the white horns are lost in the visual noise. 

Thats why I prefer an athletic gold horn - as the only instance of that color, it makes the horn the clearest and most prominent feature of the helmet.  As it ought to be. 

usp_nfl__san_francisco_49ers_at_st_77208

I know it's semantics, but I disagree with the notion that changing uniform colors/designs and logos constitutes a "rebrand." The Oilers becoming the Titans is a rebrand. The Rams staying the Rams and simply changing their look is more of a "refresh" of their existing brand than a full-fledged "rebrand."

Of course, a simple Google search of the definition of "rebrand" reveals I am wrong, but still!

The more I see that throwback, the more I'm hoping that the Rams fix the helmet color if they decide to go with royal and yellow. I still like the throwback uniform alot but in today's era of 4K HDTV's that dark navy helmet is just not working at all.

bSLCtu2.png

7 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

The more I see that throwback, the more I'm hoping that the Rams fix the helmet color if they decide to go with royal and yellow. I still like the throwback uniform alot but in today's era of 4K HDTV's that dark navy helmet is just not working at all.

Idk I kind of like the dark navy helmet with the royal jersey.  Maybe not as dark as it is right now but a darker blue than the jersey is looks nice

Archived