Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

Not gonna lie, I like the Rams' all-white look. The standard home look is hot garbage, no question. But the gold isn't as noticeable (in my eyes) from the standard broadcast view. They still need an update, but after seeing the all-white look for most of the season, I'm no longer opposed to a navy and white rebrand.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, don't have to worry about the Rams winning the Super Bowl in the transition uniforms this season.

Think they'll make anymore tweaks to their look before 2020? Only tweak I think they should consider is going back to navy blue facemasks.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

38 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Well, don't have to worry about the Rams winning the Super Bowl in the transition uniforms this season.

Think they'll make anymore tweaks to their look before 2020? Only tweak I think they should consider is going back to navy blue facemasks.

The Rams would then have a mess with confusion between the White facemask helmet and Navy facemask helmet merch simultaneously in stores...Although it's a good idea it would screw up their identity

7 hours ago, TJSC said:

...although it’s a good idea it would screw up their identity

Clearly, the Rams take no issue here.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Are the NFL (or any league's for that matter) rules concerning uniform / logo / name changes published anywhere?  We always talk about them, but I don't know if anyone's ever posted anything official - just references to them from articles that may or may not be 100% accurate and unbiased.

I'm assuming it wouldn't be part of the NFL rulebook, but probably something else that the owners have to abide by.  Maybe in the contract with the apparel supplier / advertiser?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Are the NFL (or any league's for that matter) rules concerning uniform / logo / name changes published anywhere?  We always talk about them, but I don't know if anyone's ever posted anything official - just references to them from articles that may or may not be 100% accurate and unbiased.

Dont think so - we only get glimpses.  Owners can reveal details, as happened when clubs were told about the one-helmet rule. 

We didn't know about the five-year uniform rule until the Bucs owner mentioned in the press that they couldn’t unveil another alternate until their throwback had reached that mark. 

In general, the NFL doesn’t want any of its operating details to get out in the public.  Manufacturer contracts are confidential, with only broad-stroke details discussed in a press release. Easily half of what we know about the league’s finances and operations come from information they’re forced to disclose to Packers shareholders.  Without that it would be much more opaque. 

The Rams need to change their uniforms now. With that playoff appearance (and future success), the Rams have the opportunity to be a primary team in Los Angeles. Having an in-between identity is only hurting that opportunity. 

Becoming a primary team in LA or opening a new stadium with new uniforms. What's more important?

2 hours ago, Ark said:

The Rams need to change their uniforms now. With that playoff appearance (and future success), the Rams have the opportunity to be the primary football team in Los Angeles. Having an in-between identity is only hurting that opportunity. 

Becoming the primary football team in LA or opening a new stadium with new uniforms. What's more important?

I don’t think the Rams have to worry about not being LA’s primary football team. The Chargers aren’t eclipsing them. 

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I don’t think the Rams have to worry about not being LA’s primary football team. The Chargers aren’t eclipsing them. 

And the rams won't eclipse the raiders and likely not the cowboys or eagles either. They definitely could slot in above the steelers though.

They will. It’s only a matter of time (and if they continue to win).

It’s a shame the Rams didn’t win last night, because the crowd was ready to explode at any moment. The whole stadium was ready give the Rams everything we had. Never been apart of something like that before. It was incredible. 

And even around the city in general, leading up to the game, LA was ready to really support the Rams. It sucks the we’re such front runner fans as a sports city, but it is what it is. 

As a side note: the overwhelming color of choice among Rams fans yesterday at the Coliseum were royal and yellow. Easily 75-80% of those in attendance had either the royal and yellow throwback jerseys or merchandise.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

On 1/7/2018 at 7:19 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

As a side note: the overwhelming color of choice among Rams fans yesterday at the Coliseum were royal and yellow. Easily 75-80% of those in attendance had either the royal and yellow throwback jerseys or merchandise.

Yeah, I came to say that. I was at the game as well.

LA fans have made their choice, and it's blue and yellow. It's not even close.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, kimball said:

This has Walmart clearance rack written all over it ...

That's a compliment, right? I'd say it's "laying on the floor in an overcrowded Ross with people stepping on it recklessly" bad...

Archived