Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

I'm ready for the tomato throwing but as I watched the Colorush Ram set I thought that they would make a nice home yellow jersey uniform(while paying homage to the Rams of the 50's) while perhaps using white pants and go with the regular blue jersey and yellow pants for the road. The Rams would be unique and I don't believe they would ever have a jersey conflict with another team while playing them.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, joekono said:

I'm ready for the tomato throwing but as I watched the Colorush Ram set I thought that they would make a nice home yellow jersey uniform(while paying homage to the Rams of the 50's) while perhaps using white pants and go with the regular blue jersey and yellow pants for the road. The Rams would be unique and I don't believe they would ever have a jersey conflict with another team while playing them.

I’ve suggested this multiple times elsewhere. They should at least TRY the look.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

On 3/29/2018 at 7:43 AM, joekono said:

This would be a gorgeous look.

048e251e19ec517b2dabce6509844f0d.png

We've talked about this before, but what the heck.  I think the jerseys looked much better before they added the white outline.  Theres enough contrast between the royal and gold, rendering the white unnecessary.

15962047%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

23_25352a_lg.jpeg

On 3/29/2018 at 7:43 AM, joekono said:

Blue on the road? Half the league is blue. If anything, yellow could play the role of white.

In this era, you kinda need three jerseys just for merch purposes.  Their primary should be yellow (I'd argue a simiple recolor of their currents with base and royal replacing navy would be perfect) and a royal for color rush or just an alt.  They'll also probably need white, which maybe they could wear for preseason or it could be their (ironic) color rush while navy is an alt home if they wanted to go mono blue.

The NFL currently doesn't allow yellow to be worn against darks for regular games, but with color rush, all these rules seem to be fluid.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 4 weeks later...

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/LosAngelesRams/comments/8dyjzb/convo_with_kevin_demoff_repost_from_conejo_valley/

"The new uniforms will have no more St. Louis Gold at all, rather a combination of the Canary yellow, Royal Blue and white. Not sure of the design as of yet, NFL is working with Nike to hopefully have them out by 2019 season, but probably looking at 2020 season release. Kevin was a very down to earth guy, really emphasized the team is pushed to build a hi caliber team for the city and fans. "

20 minutes ago, TJSC said:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/LosAngelesRams/comments/8dyjzb/convo_with_kevin_demoff_repost_from_conejo_valley/

"The new uniforms will have no more St. Louis Gold at all, rather a combination of the Canary yellow, Royal Blue and white. Not sure of the design as of yet, NFL is working with Nike to hopefully have them out by 2019 season, but probably looking at 2020 season release. Kevin was a very down to earth guy, really emphasized the team is pushed to build a hi caliber team for the city and fans. "

I thought reddit “rumors” were frowned upon on this site? 

I do love yellow, but I think there is no way a team in the NFL will go with a yellow home jersey, and I seriously doubt teams are not required to wear a white version for road games (when opposite color).  I see no future LA Laker' ish version of a primary home/away jersey.  I think we at we are already looking at the Ram helmet of the future now.  I predict a modernized blue and white set for the future, hopefully with shoulder horns, with yellow swooshes and bits of yellow in trim, logo, etc.  Maybe a bit of yellow trim around numbers or something.  Throwback alts, and maybe a yellow top for a 2nd, formerly color rush alt.  Probably continue to see all white at home for day games. 

7 hours ago, WavePunter said:

A Royal/Yellow version of their current jerseys would be a good modern version of their classic look 

This is the easiest solution, but they probably won't do it. Nothing wrong with a recolor in this case IMO.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Except that unlike navy and metallic gold, royal and athletic gold have sufficiently different values that white outlines are superfluous.  They flip 180 degrees from providing needed definition to muddying the design.  

I’d be fine with a recolor of the current so long as they also dropped all the white. 

My choice would be 9/27 against Minnesota and 10/28 against Green Bay;both home games.They would also look good in the throwbacks Opening Monday night 9/10 @ Oakland if they could convince the Raiders to wear white.

On 4/26/2018 at 5:39 AM, Gothamite said:

Except that unlike navy and metallic gold, royal and athletic gold have sufficiently different values that white outlines are superfluous.  They flip 180 degrees from providing needed definition to muddying the design.  

I’d be fine with a recolor of the current so long as they also dropped all the white. 

My thoughts exactly. White is not needed.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:39 AM, Gothamite said:

Would that also include the white in the Ram logo on the sleeves? Because I think white is needed there.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived