Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

19 hours ago, LakeShow24 said:

a4d01f1545034329b1a6c3cdf0b00c59.jpg?wid

This monstrosity of a uniform, now extinct!

What's sad is that the jersey is pretty solid (in my opinion) and works with the pants, just needs gold horns on the helmet and gold trim on the navy stripe of the pants to look uniform.

But, I'm biased since I grew up around Sam Bradford and actually like the Navy and Gold look they had when he was there.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll stick by my belief that the Warner-Faulk era uniforms were the best the Rams have ever looked.  Period.

The only gripe I have is the shoulder caps are a bit crowded with both the Ram logo and the Reebok logo sandwiched under the stripe.  But otherwise it's a solid 8 or 9/10 and is a few minor tweaks from perfection.

e087511fe627c10eba423348220d2b65--marshafaulk.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=0

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

They should've looked to the Angelo St. Rams (DII team) for ideas on changing to new uniforms. Angelo St. come up with some amazing combos using the old blue and yellow color scheme. The silver helmet with blue horns, black jersey with blue pants may be the best uniforms I ever seen. One thing I havnt seen was a helmet the old blue color with blue facemask. The old helmet color never matched either, but now a days they do much better color matching and just changing the color of the helmet would upgrade the look. Angelo St. Rams check them out.

DM2_4197.jpg

ASU_Rams_vs_McKendree_FB1.jpg

image.ashx?domain=www.gosanangelo.com&fi

7 minutes ago, gino_454 said:

They should've looked to the Angelo St. Rams (DII team) for ideas on changing to new uniforms. Angelo St. come up with some amazing combos using the old blue and yellow color scheme. The silver helmet with blue horns, black jersey with blue pants may be the best uniforms I ever seen. One thing I havnt seen was a helmet the old blue color with blue facemask. The old helmet color never matched either, but now a days they do much better color matching and just changing the color of the helmet would upgrade the look. Angelo St. Rams check them out.

That sounds like an awful mess honestly. I’m also wondering what “old blue” is, do you mean royal? Because old blue is something I’ve never heard of before.

7 minutes ago, dont care said:

That sounds like an awful mess honestly. I’m also wondering what “old blue” is, do you mean royal? Because old blue is something I’ve never heard of before.

Idk I'd normally think it was until I seen it together. I meant the royal blue

7 minutes ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

Where's the difference between this set of Rams and the ones in LA? Both have blue and white helmet and pants, with a jersey in blue and gold.

Kyle-Washington-Angelo-State-QB.jpg

The difference is they have the same colors through out the uniforms, not just a certain color on one part...athletic gold, royal blue on the helmet, on the jersey and the pants...where the LA Rams have white and navy helmets and pants, but navy, white and gold on thier jersey. Not that it's a must to have every color somewhere on a uniform, sorta like the 49ers 1994 home throwbacks where they had red, black and white on the jersey and pants, but the metallc gold helmets which looked great. What artist oe designers call accent colors haha

1 minute ago, gino_454 said:

The difference is they have the same colors through out the uniforms, not just a certain color on one part...athletic gold, royal blue on the helmet, on the jersey and the pants...where the LA Rams have white and navy helmets and pants, but navy, white and gold on thier jersey. Not that it's a must to have every color somewhere on a uniform, sorta like the 49ers 1994 home throwbacks where they had red, black and white on the jersey and pants, but the metallc gold helmets which looked great. What artist oe designers call accent colors haha

Those helmets, in that picture, are white with blue horns. There is no gold there, which keeps my point of them not being much better than the LA Rams in appearance. Not to mention the other hideous combinations that popped up, such as the silver and blue or black and blue combos.

1 minute ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

Those helmets, in that picture, are white with blue horns. There is no gold there, which keeps my point of them not being much better than the LA Rams in appearance. Not to mention the other hideous combinations that popped up, such as the silver and blue or black and blue combos.

There is athletic gold in there outlining the horn...gotta look closer..it is on there. Hey different strokes... I like them..I'm a Steeler fan just trying to help out, so I don't have to look at the LA uniforms any more lol. They can go plain or try to do something different, I'm just looking at it from adifferent creative stand point. As long as they don't do what the browns did haha

4 minutes ago, gino_454 said:

There is athletic gold in there outlining the horn...gotta look closer..it is on there. Hey different strokes... I like them..I'm a Steeler fan just trying to help out, so I don't have to look at the LA uniforms any more lol. They can go plain or try to do something different, I'm just looking at it from adifferent creative stand point. As long as they don't do what the browns did haha

I'm a Raiders fan, so I don't have any uniform worries either. I still don't get the idea behind replacing the helmet horns by the Rams, gold horns would have still worked with both jerseys and you have to swap them for the Color Rush/Throwback sets anyways.

6 hours ago, kimball said:

I think you can add the 2002 Redskins in there too?

The '02 Redskins are probably the best comparison, as they're one of the few non-Cowboys teams to wear a throwback as their de facto regular dark jersey. Though in their case, it was more of a fauxback.

2 hours ago, colortv said:

048e251e19ec517b2dabce6509844f0d.png

THIS is how they should wear the Color Rush jersey: with the white pants (and navy socks).

Oh, and St. Louis was supposed to keep the dome within the “top tier” of stadiums...which they didn’t.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

On 5/17/2018 at 2:24 PM, Bluefalcon said:

The Rams should take a page from Tucker McElroy's playbook: "Well, suppose we leave our blue and gold St Louis jerseys in the locker room and go out there wearin' our 1973-99 uniforms anyway? Whatcha gonna do about that? You gonna stop us? Goodell? You're gonna look pretty funny tryin' to eat corn on the cob with no (censored) teeth."

charles_napier.gif?w=490

Sounds like the Rams took my suggested Tucker McElroy Approach, and it worked. Goodell blinked!

I haven't read every word of this...but what happens in the playoffs?  Are the throwbacks off the table?

The Rams are good and I wonder whether the NFL is bending because if the Rams go to the Super Bowl, they don't want to have them looking so stupid in clips that will be shown forever.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It’s been mentioned before, but everyone involved in the Rams’ branding should be fired out of a cannon for ignoring this look

2016-06-08_14-28-58.jpg

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

10 hours ago, HoopsCoach55 said:

Where's the difference between this set of Rams and the ones in LA? Both have blue and white helmet and pants, with a jersey in blue and gold.

Kyle-Washington-Angelo-State-QB.jpg

There are dozens of differences.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

37 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

It’s been mentioned before, but everyone involved in the Rams’ branding should be fired out of a cannon for ignoring this look

2016-06-08_14-28-58.jpg

Eh. It’s fine, but it’s inferior to both the old blue and athletic gold and blue and white looks. 

Better than the mix and match look they’re rocking now, but it’s clear they want to leave as much of the faded gold in St. Louis as possible. 

Which is fair. 

Archived