Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

52 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I haven't read every word of this...but what happens in the playoffs?  Are the throwbacks off the table?

The Rams are good and I wonder whether the NFL is bending because if the Rams go to the Super Bowl, they don't want to have them looking so stupid in clips that will be shown forever.

Playoffs revert to primary home and away uniforms. They can request an exemption though. San Francisco did that in 1994.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, gino_454 said:

They should've looked to the Angelo St. Rams (DII team) for ideas on changing to new uniforms. Angelo St. come up with some amazing combos using the old blue and yellow color scheme. The silver helmet with blue horns, black jersey with blue pants may be the best uniforms I ever seen. One thing I havnt seen was a helmet the old blue color with blue facemask. The old helmet color never matched either, but now a days they do much better color matching and just changing the color of the helmet would upgrade the look. Angelo St. Rams check them out.

DM2_4197.jpg

ASU_Rams_vs_McKendree_FB1.jpg

image.ashx?domain=www.gosanangelo.com&fi

The blue and yellow helmet looks great. The rest looks like a lazy click-and-fill by a 12-year-old who has bad taste even for a 12-year-old.

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Playoffs revert to primary home and away uniforms. They can request an exemption though. San Francisco did that in 1994.

Where did you read that. I read it that they made the throwback uniform the new home uniform thus allowing them to be worn in the playoffs too. 

21 minutes ago, dont care said:

Where did you read that. I read it that they made the throwback uniform the new home uniform thus allowing them to be worn in the playoffs too. 

I don't think the '94 unis were a "new home uniform"...they went back to the regular set in 1995. Pretty sure the 1994 throwback set was always an alternate.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I don't think the '94 unis were a "new home uniform"...they went back to the regular set in 1995. Pretty sure the 1994 throwback set was always an alternate.

I was talking about the rams not the 9ers

17 hours ago, Gupti said:

That is, without question, one of my least favorite uni combos that I’ve seen.

DM2_4197.jpg

• Wordmark stripe?  CHECK
  • Black AND Blue?  CHECK
  • BFBS Jersey?  CHECK
  • Non-Team Color Shoe Tape?  CHECK
  • Chrome For Chrome Sake Helmet?  CHECK
  • Non-Matching Undershirt hanging all over?  CHECK

It's so bad the guy second from right has his mouth hanging open in shock.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

21 hours ago, pianoknight said:

I'll stick by my belief that the Warner-Faulk era uniforms were the best the Rams have ever looked.  Period.

The only gripe I have is the shoulder caps are a bit crowded with both the Ram logo and the Reebok logo sandwiched under the stripe.  But otherwise it's a solid 8 or 9/10 and is a few minor tweaks from perfection.

e087511fe627c10eba423348220d2b65--marshafaulk.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=0

These were undeniable proof that you don't need pants stripes to have a good uniform. Putting stripes on the subsequent navy blue and white pants messed with their look.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

19 hours ago, Gupti said:

That is, without question, one of my least favorite uni combos that I’ve seen.

13 hours ago, C-Squared said:

giphy.gif

Up until three minutes ago, I didn’t think it was possible to create a worse uniform than the one the Rams wore last year.

Turns out, using a different color scheme for every element of the uniform and making no effort to coordinate them in any way doesn’t work very well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

38 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

These were undeniable proof that you don't need pants stripes to have a good uniform. Putting stripes on the subsequent navy blue and white pants messed with their look.

I loved the original iteration of those uniforms - thought they were a modern classic and tied the Rams to St. Louis and the Dome. You’re right: they just didn’t know how to make the pants mesh and they muddled the look by putting those random stripes on them.

On 7/29/2018 at 5:36 PM, Ice_Cap said:

The new unis they’ll unveil with the new stadium are going to be royal blue and athletic gold. At least I remember hearing that.

It seems strange that they'd go to the effort of introducing navy & white pants/helmet that don't match the jerseys, only to ditch them as soon as they can do a full redesign.

Even though I'd love to see royal-yellow full time, I'm expecting a navy-white look for the home & aways, and most likely a royal-yellow third. That way they can try and have their cake and eat it too.

8 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

It seems strange that they'd go to the effort of introducing navy & white pants/helmet that don't match the jerseys, only to ditch them as soon as they can do a full redesign.

Even though I'd love to see royal-yellow full time, I'm expecting a navy-white look for the home & aways, and most likely a royal-yellow third. That way they can try and have their cake and eat it too.

Do you think they ditched it once they realized that the fans were embracing the Yellow/royal design?

I’m hoping that ththe negative blowback from their current monstrosities will push them to the royal-yellow full time with the color rush yellow as a third. 

12 hours ago, Vitalogy26 said:

You’re right: they just didn’t know how to make the pants mesh and they muddled the look by putting those random stripes on them.

Mesh pants would be sexy, that's for sure.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

13 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

Make the horns thicker in the front like the old horns.

8e22f12abd7b96a9f1ce26a907c50892--footba

Somebody suggested this in response to my concept, and i just realized that the away uniform i just posted includes the updated widened ram horns. 

Archived