Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

1 hour ago, Kevin W. said:

If they go to powder blue, that would be even more of an insult to San Diego since they ignored the fans' desire to go to it full-time in San Diego yet they'll do it when they skip town.

:censored: you, Spanos.

Totally agree. I think if anything they should go back to the original LA Chargers royal/yellow but much of that I would assume depends on what the Rams are doing with their re-brand. I wonder how closely, if at all, the two are communicating since they will not only be in the same city but in the same stadium. Both royal/yellow and all looks like home for both teams?

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the way LA football should look like come 2020. I don't expect much -- if any -- change from the Chargers, but I expect to see the Rams go with something similar from their last look before moving to St. Louis with some modern twist.

chargers_cowboys_football_24950385.jpg?wj_everett_061011_top.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, kimball said:

That's the way LA football should look like come 2020. I don't expect much -- if any -- change from the Chargers, but I expect to see the Rams go with something similar from their last look before moving to St. Louis with some modern twist.

chargers_cowboys_football_24950385.jpg?wj_everett_061011_top.jpg

Rams should go with a yellow-dominant yellow/royal look for the following reasons:

1. It would be a "fresh" new start, while still paying homage to the history of the Rams.

2. It would contrast better with the Chargers when(not if, when) they change to a powder-blue dominant look(when the new stadium opens I'm assuming)

3. No other team in the NFL uses yellow as THE primary color(Steelers and Packers use it more as the secondary color)

048e251e19ec517b2dabce6509844f0d.png

6012867307_0d7b1ce63b_b.jpg

Screen+Shot+2016-01-13+at+12.11.23+PM.pn

9 hours ago, colortv said:

Rams should go with a yellow-dominant yellow/royal look for the following reasons:

2. It would contrast better with the Chargers when(not if, when) they change to a powder-blue dominant look(when the new stadium opens I'm assuming)

I want the Rams in gold as much as anyone else.  But this is a bad reason. 

The Chargers are utterly irrelevant in LA. Their home games are actually additional home games for the other teams.  The Rams have no reason to let the Chargers influence them in any way. 

The Rams’ color rush uniform is the best look in franchise history, so I’m all for yellow being the primary color. That said, the yellow jersey has to be worn with blue or yellow pants if there is no white on the jersey and/or helmet. Make an all-white road set with blue numbers and yellow outlines that can be worn with blue or yellow pants and a blue alternate and you’re good to go. Pretty much Michigan’s overall look, but with the Rams’ horns instead of the Wolverines’ wings. 

6 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

The Rams’ color rush uniform is the best look in franchise history, so I’m all for yellow being the primary color. That said, the yellow jersey has to be worn with blue or yellow pants if there is no white on the jersey and/or helmet. Make an all-white road set with blue numbers and yellow outlines that can be worn with blue or yellow pants and a blue alternate and you’re good to go. Pretty much Michigan’s overall look, but with the Rams’ horns instead of the Wolverines’ wings. 

That's the problem with yellow jerseys. They look great in a vacuum, but what pants do you pair them with?  Pairing them with blue pants creates an unbalanced look (as does any uniform where a non-white jersey is a lighter color than the pants, in my opinion).  Pairing them with yellow pants is too much yellow. And pairing them with white pants looks strange if there isn't much/any white on the rest of the uniform. The blue pants are probably the best option out of those three, but this looks more like an alternate look than something that can be a team's core identity:

washington-st-cal-2017-13.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

12 hours ago, colortv said:

048e251e19ec517b2dabce6509844f0d.png

6012867307_0d7b1ce63b_b.jpg

Screen+Shot+2016-01-13+at+12.11.23+PM.pn

4 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

That's the problem with yellow jerseys. They look great in a vacuum, but what pants do you pair them with?  

^^^^ Question answered.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Question answered.

We’re trying to avoid that because, despite their history of wearing that, it doesn’t look right. There are numerous college teams (Minnesota’s old set immediately comes to mind) where white pants looked out of place with a jersey and helmet that has just two colors:

7 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

That said, the yellow jersey has to be worn with blue or yellow pants if there is no white on the jersey and/or helmet.

13 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

And pairing them with white pants looks strange if there isn't much/any white on the rest of the uniform. 

Anyway, I think all-yellow is a good look. Just wear blue socks and the color rush set and it wouldn’t be “too much yellow.” And the blue-yellow-blue is fine, too, though I agree it does feel more like an alternate (and disagree with the balance issues).

19 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

We’re trying to avoid that because, despite their history of wearing that, it doesn’t look right. There are numerous college teams (Minnesota’s old set immediately comes to mind) where white pants looked out of place with a jersey and helmet that has just two colors:

Anyway, I think all-yellow is a good look. Just wear blue socks and the color rush set and it wouldn’t be “too much yellow.” And the blue-yellow-blue is fine, too, though I agree it does feel more like an alternate (and disagree with the balance issues).

I think all yellow looks terrible, even with blue socks.  If you think it is a good look, that is where we part ways.

In my opinion, the Rams' own history shows us that white pants can work with a blue helmet and yellow/gold jersey.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

And yet it looked great on the Rams.  Maybe it's their helmet, but in any case it does look great.

2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Why are we trying to avoid that? It looks great.. There are no issues with it.. 

12 hours ago, NicDB said:

Came across these on google images.  I'm definitely here for this, minus the toilet seat collar.  LA already has a history of teams wearing gold home unis, including the Rams themselves in the 1950s.  

24658464125_d271b378d0_o.png

I think this could be nice. I'd modernize it by:

1. Single blue stripe on the pants to match the single stroke blue horn on sleeve

2. All yellow socks

3. Yellow cleats

12 hours ago, NicDB said:

Came across these on google images.  I'm definitely here for this, minus the toilet seat collar.  LA already has a history of teams wearing gold home unis, including the Rams themselves in the 1950s.  

24658464125_d271b378d0_o.png

Yep. In my mind the collar is the only thing that would NEED to be changed. I'd probably go solid blue for the socks, but there's nothing bad about the striped ones shown here.

33 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I think this could be nice. I'd modernize it by:

1. Single blue stripe on the pants to match the single stroke blue horn on sleeve

2. All yellow socks

3. Yellow cleats

I like the Braisher pant stripes myself. I feel like if Nike saw your line of thinking regarding the stripes, they'd want to take it a step further and taper the pant  stripe like a horn...and I'd rather they not do that.

White pants with the gold jersey for the Rams is a MUST.  All gold looks like a rinky-dink college program (not to name names) and gold over blue looks like a TV movie version of a High school team.  I personally have no issue with the no-white jersey but if having some white on the gold jersey is a must, they did that too, at one time...

5c978a1cc22c67100506cadc7e559016.jpg

51u2EWezE6L._SY445_.jpg

5 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

That's the problem with yellow jerseys. They look great in a vacuum, but what pants do you pair them with?  Pairing them with blue pants creates an unbalanced look (as does any uniform where a non-white jersey is a lighter color than the pants, in my opinion).  Pairing them with yellow pants is too much yellow. And pairing them with white pants looks strange if there isn't much/any white on the rest of the uniform. The blue pants are probably the best option out of those three, but this looks more like an alternate look than something that can be a team's core identity:

washington-st-cal-2017-13.jpg

I still prefer the Rams in white pants with gold tops, but this isn't actually a bad look to me.  

Archived