Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

I like the Braisher pant stripes myself. I feel like if Nike saw your line of thinking regarding the stripes, they'd want to take it a step further and taper the pant  stripe like a horn...and I'd rather they not do that.

Basically like the Broncos. They could even use the yellow in place of the orange. Hm, but I'm with you, I'd rather see a single stripe. Just keep the same pants they have now.

2017_uniforms.0.jpg

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

This is the Chargers identity thread right???  Can we keep on topic?

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Probably should merge the two threads... we always talk about them in relation to each other anyway.

I’ve done just that. The various LA Rams and Chargers identity threads have been merged into one “LA NFL Brands” thread. 

13 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I want the Rams in gold as much as anyone else.  But this is a bad reason. 

The Chargers are utterly irrelevant in LA. Their home games are actually additional home games for the other teams.  The Rams have no reason to let the Chargers influence them in any way. 

No I completely disagree for the following reasons. The chargers have been in la for less than 2 years and will build up a fan base over time. I suspect the high prices at stubhub are a deterrent as they had quite a bit of support at the colesium rams game. You can’t make decades long branding decisions based on a timespan of less than two years. Whether the chargers *should* be there and what impact they have made in less than 2 years is immaterial given that the rams have yet solidify their hold on the city. The reality that there is another nfl team in the city and that has to be taken into consideration

6 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

That's the problem with yellow jerseys. They look great in a vacuum, but what pants do you pair them with?  Pairing them with blue pants creates an unbalanced look (as does any uniform where a non-white jersey is a lighter color than the pants, in my opinion).  Pairing them with yellow pants is too much yellow. And pairing them with white pants looks strange if there isn't much/any white on the rest of the uniform. The blue pants are probably the best option out of those three, but this looks more like an alternate look than something that can be a team's core identity:

washington-st-cal-2017-13.jpg

Given those pants helmets and uniforms look nothing like royal blue I’m not sure the reason for comparing them?

24 minutes ago, colortv said:

Given those pants helmets and uniforms look nothing like royal blue I’m not sure the reason for comparing them?

Well, the Rams' Color Rush uniforms had navy blue trim, not royal blue...they may bring back yellow and pair it with navy.

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Well, the Rams' Color Rush uniforms had navy blue trim, not royal blue...they may bring back yellow and pair it with navy.

They won't, everything we're seeing and hearing from both the team and the fans is that they want and will bring back the classic colors in some form.

8 minutes ago, colortv said:

They won't, everything we're seeing and hearing from both the team and the fans is that they want and will bring back the classic colors in some form.

If they do, that will be fantastic. But I wouldn't count on it. The history of teams ignoring their fans' wishes is quite long.

3 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The various LA Rams and Chargers identity threads have been merged into one “LA NFL Brands” thread. 

One final indignity for the Chargers, the Rams eat their thread.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

14 minutes ago, the admiral said:

One final indignity for the Chargers, the Rams eat their thread.

I mean it was already happening.

ahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahaha

Vz6oRBP.gif

7 hours ago, colortv said:

No I completely disagree for the following reasons. The chargers have been in la for less than 2 years and will build up a fan base over time. I suspect the high prices at stubhub are a deterrent as they had quite a bit of support at the colesium rams game. You can’t make decades long branding decisions based on a timespan of less than two years. Whether the chargers *should* be there and what impact they have made in less than 2 years is immaterial given that the rams have yet solidify their hold on the city. The reality that there is another nfl team in the city and that has to be taken into consideration

No one here in LA wants the Chargers

Since I never play as the Rams, only against them, what I use for them depends on where the game

is. If it’s in LA, I either go with (helmet-jersey-pants-socks) CR-CR-Current Home-Current Home, or the full throwback. If they’re away, I’ll either do the old STL look (with gold pants) or the 60s throwbacks (Current Helmet-60s Throwback-Current Pants-Current Socks). It really depends on how it looks vs my team (e.g. if I’m the Texans at LA, I’ll have the Rams wear yellow, but if I’m someone else who has yellow in their color scheme I’ll have them wear throwback blue.

ExJworW.png

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Since I never play as the Rams, only against them, what I use for them depends on where the game

is. If it’s in LA, I either go with (helmet-jersey-pants-socks) CR-CR-Current Home-Current Home, or the full throwback. If they’re away, I’ll either do the old STL look (with gold pants) or the 60s throwbacks (Current Helmet-60s Throwback-Current Pants-Current Socks). It really depends on how it looks vs my team (e.g. if I’m the Texans at LA, I’ll have the Rams wear yellow, but if I’m someone else who has yellow in their color scheme I’ll have them wear throwback blue.

Wait, are you chanign jerseys in "Play now" games or the connected franchise?

40 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Wait, are you chanign jerseys in "Play now" games or the connected franchise?

Franchise. When you select your own jerseys, right underneath it is a “Change CPU Jerseys”, where you alter theirs. It’s really a lifesaver when you play the Browns (the only team that I will always switch to throwback no matter what - their brown jerseys actually hurt my eyes if I have to play against them)

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Franchise. When you select your own jerseys, right underneath it is a “Change CPU Jerseys”, where you alter theirs. It’s really a lifesaver when you play the Browns (the only team that I will always switch to throwback no matter what - their brown jerseys actually hurt my eyes if I have to play against them)

Is this in the new version or an older version?  I tried but cant seem to figure it out.

24 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Is this in the new version or an older version?  I tried but cant seem to figure it out.

I have 18 but not 19 yet. However, if that option isn’t there anymore just connect a second controller as the other team, pick the uniforms you want, and then switch the P2 controller back to playing no one. That’s what I did for the 360 games.

ExJworW.png

18 hours ago, colortv said:

I just don't see the Chargers being anything more than the Clippers in LA. They will always be the red headed step child in town. That's just the fate they chose. 

4 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I just don't see the Chargers being anything more than the Clippers in LA. They will always be the red headed step child in town. That's just the fate they chose. 

It's like they're both tagged as "LAC" for a reason.  They're honestly just "C" teams... not even drawing enough attention to be considered B-list.

54 minutes ago, NicDB said:
5 hours ago, hawk36 said:

It's like they're both tagged as "LAC" for a reason.  They're honestly just "C" teams... not even drawing enough attention to be considered B-list.

This is a funny line.  But you are selling the Clippers short.  Last season was the first time since 2010-11 that the Lakers outdrew the Clippers.  And the Clippers have been markedly better than the Lakers for most of that period.  (Of course, all of that is going to change now with LeBron James.)

If the Blake Griffin-led Clippers had been able to make a serious run at a title in any one of those years, while the Lakers were mired in very public internal turmoil, there might well have been a fundamental changing of the guard, and the Clippers could be the ones on top today.  It didn't happen, so that is all speculation.  Still, the Clippers had their chance to become the dominant team.  

Whereas, the LA Chargers could win the next ten Super Bowls, and it still wouldn't matter to the fans in Los Angeles.  The Chargers will never, ever surpass the Rams — or even the Raiders! — in that city. (Which is why I am assuming that they will eventually go back in San Diego whenever they get new ownership.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived