Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Could this be the conspiracy master plan... NFL didn't want the Raiders in LA due to the gang affiliations, so they let the Chargers move there forcing the Raiders to move to Las Vegas. Once the Raiders are in Vegas, do the Chargers then move back to San Diego since the Raiders would be stuck in Vegas? And do the Chargers get a hero's welcome home with a new San Diego stadium? Hmm....

No. The league takes itself way too seriously to willingly suffer the black eye they’re enduring now. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2018 at 2:08 AM, hawk36 said:

Could this be the conspiracy master plan... NFL didn't want the Raiders in LA due to the gang affiliations, so they let the Chargers move there forcing the Raiders to move to Las Vegas. Once the Raiders are in Vegas, do the Chargers then move back to San Diego since the Raiders would be stuck in Vegas? And do the Chargers get a hero's welcome home with a new San Diego stadium? Hmm....

Who's paying for this new stadium? And where's it going to be. San Diego's about to give the Qualcomm land to SDSU.

Of course, if you just told me that the NFL blew that part too, I'd believe it.

9 hours ago, joekono said:

Yellow jerseys and blue jerseys. Done. At home they could do the 4/4 split with the blue jerseys and the yellow jerseys will not clash with any other teams while on the road.

The NFL is not going to let a team not have a white jersey. Nor should they.

Gold home, white road. Don't make me post that Crazy Legs Hirse jersey again.

12 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I'm 90% sure I know the answer -- but if the Rams make the Super Bowl this year, there's no way that they're able to wear their blue throwbacks or the gold uniforms right?

Nonetheless. I'm holding out hope

What's the worst that could happen if they did choose to do that? Would they just get fined? Or are there more serious ramifications to that ? 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

14 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I'm 90% sure I know the answer -- but if the Rams make the Super Bowl this year, there's no way that they're able to wear their blue throwbacks or the gold uniforms right?

The blue throwbacks are their official primary home/color set so if the AFC goes white that's what they'll wear.

The navy jersey has been officially retired.

VmWIn6B.png

16 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

We’ve been over this on here before. The NFC is the designated home team for this year’s Supe, and since the league allowed the Rams to make their royal and yellow throwbacks the de facto home set this year (and next year), they should be able to wear them in the playoffs and in the Super Bowl. I don’t think they’d be able to wear the yellow set in the playoffs or especially not in the Super Bowl, but I could be wrong there.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

We’ve been over this on here before. The NFC is the designated home team for this year’s Supe, and since the league allowed the Rams to make their royal and yellow throwbacks the de facto home set this year (and next year), they should be able to wear them in the playoffs and in the Super Bowl. I don’t think they’d be able to wear the yellow set in the playoffs or especially not in the Super Bowl, but I could be wrong there.

Not necessarily questioning that the NFL can change their rules (which every league does), but I thought it was still their throwback and the blue/gold St. Louis jersey just wasn't worn? Either way, I'm sure the NFL would want the Rams in the better looking jersey on the biggest stage.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, kimball said:

Not necessarily questioning that the NFL can change their rules (which every league does), but I thought it was still their throwback and the blue/gold St. Louis jersey just wasn't worn? Either way, I'm sure the NFL would want the Rams in the better looking jersey on the biggest stage.

I believe the league allowed the Rams to switch the designation on their throwbacks to be the primary home, effectively replacing the navy and gold jerseys.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 hours ago, colortv said:

No question in my mind, Rams need to go yellow dominant for the rebrand.

DsZfavrUUAAGA48?format=jpg

DsZfavrU4AAwr-H?format=jpg

Don't mind me shamelessly plugging my concept from a few years ago. I've thought yellow as the primary could work very well for a team playing in the California sunshine, especially with the navy and yellow Chargers in the same town. 

Lxh7Iv2jlqpHkwBpQqZ23rX5y-j1XtbRqZnpvVAA

51 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Don't mind me shamelessly plugging my concept from a few years ago. I've thought yellow as the primary could work very well for a team playing in the California sunshine, especially with the navy and yellow Chargers in the same town. 

Lxh7Iv2jlqpHkwBpQqZ23rX5y-j1XtbRqZnpvVAA

Very nice. Really my only suggestions would be to 1) remove the white outlines from the names and numbers on the yellow jersey, and 2) make the pant stripes go all the way to the knee. With those changes that set would be pretty much perfect IMO.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Yeah the majority of Rams really just want a modernized version of the throwbacks. I've had this discussion countless fans on social media and at the colosseum it self and while most people would like a yellow alt using yellow as the primary home uniform is definitely a no go from the fans perspective. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

46 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Very nice. Really my only suggestions would be to 1) remove the white outlines from the names and numbers on the yellow jersey, and 2) make the pant stripes go all the way to the knee. With those changes that set would be pretty much perfect IMO.

To address your 2 points, 1) I used the white outlines to tie white into the jersey since there's none in the helmet but the pants are white and the socks have a white stripe. I could definitely see it bleeding, though, so I'm not opposed to removing the outlines. 2) Given that the stripes on the helmet and sleeve both taper, I thought making the pant stripe taper would help make them match and create a common thread throughout the uniform. 

Archived