Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I honestly think the Rams will just go navy and yellow. The Rams have always had a navy helmet (except 1949 when it was red) and I don't think they would randomly break that tradition but who knows? I mean the navy survived the St. Louis redesign, so I think it will survive the move to Los Angeles.

I’m not sure I’d say the navy “survived the St. Louis redesign” so much as happened to play into it.  The 90s were a Dark Age, literally darker, as teams in every sport abandoned bright colors in favor of a scheme that would look better with a pair of khakis from the Gap.

The Rams, the Mariners, the Brewers, the Warriors, the Sabres. Every single major league team in royal blue and athletic gold traded it for darker shades. I doubt it was a deliberate choice to spare the helmet; more like happenstance that it was already there. 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I’m not sure I’d say the navy “survived the St. Louis redesign” so much as happened to play into it.  The 90s were a Dark Age, literally darker, as teams in every sport abandoned bright colors in favor of a scheme that would look better with a pair of khakis from the Gap.

The Rams, the Mariners, the Brewers, the Warriors, the Sabres. Every single major league team in royal blue and athletic gold traded it for darker shades. I doubt it was a deliberate choice to spare the helmet; more like happenstance that it was already there. 

Yep. I was just about to post basically the same thing. Darker everything was in vogue then, and the drab Navy and Gold combo in particular was at it's peak in the 90's/early 2000s. Brewers, Astros, Royals, Nuggets, Cavaliers are all guilty of this. 

On 11/21/2018 at 7:54 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

While looking for this photo of what I consider a pretty bad-ass look, I discovered that David Meggett is a serial rapist.  Gods I hated him as a kid, and now I get to hate him as an adult too!

807043aad97f839b6d4b89dcebd8f3ec.jpg  

I'm not a fan of the team, but that's a great helmet I think.

There's been a font change in the Rams end zones, that will probably be in the rebrand.  I hope Royal blue and yellow

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

End zones change all the time.  There's no way they would "leak" anything that way.  Can't base anything off of an end zone design, especially for a team that's uniform situation is as ambiguous as the Rams.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

After the Titans pulled that bait-and-switch by using that one really cool font on their social media for a year before ultimately unveiling the jerseys with that garbage font they use today? Yeah, I’m pretty sure teams aren’t exactly leaving hints of their future rebrands laying around in plain sight. Are there any examples of that ever happening that would keep users here speculating this crap so relentlessly?

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:
On 11/21/2018 at 10:54 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

807043aad97f839b6d4b89dcebd8f3ec.jpg  

I'm not a fan of the team, but that's a great helmet I think.

I hope you are referring to the colour and not to the logo.

That Giants wordmark is alright for the end zone; but it is terribly awkward on the helmet.  It is no better than the wordmark logo that appeared on the original Bengals helmet, in that it is too long, and devoid of character. By contrast, the Jets' old wordmark was short enough to look good on the helmet; and it also had a feature — the airplane tail — that made it a fine graphical logo, as well.

I hope the Giants never consider returning this clunky mess to the helmet. If they ever make a change, it should be the change they made in 1975, to the beautiful bold logo which they had intended to wear in their new stadium beginning in 1976, but which the whining babies of the New Jersey state agency that owned the stadium forced them to drop in favour of the drab wordmark.

giants-sd-11_1_75.jpg

giants-1975.jpg.c217beee77beb47ae9d7db31a72f4d0b.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

do like the GIANTS helmet, but I also think that a similar NY would work even better.

I like the '75 helmet, but I think it's just too bold and styled for a team like the Giants.  A NY  has historical tie-ins on both sides (the style of the GIANTS mark but the with the traditional "ny" letters.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a mock-up I made. I know we've already discussed this. But, I don't really like a yellow jersey at all as an option for them. But, this is pretty nice. A million times better than the all yellow look. Next season they should do this, as Color Rush games aren't really a set thing anymore. Teams are mixing/matching pants/socks, so why not the Rams?

yellow%20rams%20alt_zpsns0gmhgn.jpg

1 hour ago, duxrcool048 said:

Here's a mock-up I made. I know we've already discussed this. But, I don't really like a yellow jersey at all as an option for them. But, this is pretty nice. A million times better than the all yellow look. Next season they should do this, as Color Rush games aren't really a set thing anymore. Teams are mixing/matching pants/socks, so why not the Rams?

Lighten the blue a little bit, and I think this would be a great permanent home uniform for the Rams.

On 11/25/2018 at 8:07 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

do like the GIANTS helmet, but I also think that a similar NY would work even better.

I like the '75 helmet, but I think it's just too bold and styled for a team like the Giants.  A NY  has historical tie-ins on both sides (the style of the GIANTS mark but the with the traditional "ny" letters.)

Sounds like a Jets logo in my mind but ok

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

2 hours ago, duxrcool048 said:

Not bad, but those are really unbalanced with all the yellow on the helmet and jersey but not anywhere on the pants. 

17 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Not bad, but those are really unbalanced with all the yellow on the helmet and jersey but not anywhere on the pants. 

I know that. I'm just saying that next season, instead of the stupid all yellow look, this would look much better by using their existing white pants.

17 hours ago, duxrcool048 said:

I’m tweeting this to the team RIGHT NOW.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

16 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

I disagree.. there's pretty good balance throughout this.. the lack of yellow on the pants could arguably HELP the balance, since there's SO much yellow just above it in the jersey.. I'm not saying that's a hard rule or anything, and I'd honestly probably prefer a little yellow on the pants (probably thin yellow stripes on the outsides of the thick blue stripe), but I don't think there's a color balance issue here at all..

3 hours ago, bwburke94 said:

At least we're all in agreement on the fact yellow is best.

No, the royal base is best. Yellow is currently the 3rd most popular jersey amongst the actual fans in LA. The the throwbacks are by far the most popular, followed surprisingly by the whites.

• 1 month later...

Archived