Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/16/2019 at 10:02 PM, gothedistance said:

Will the Chargers ever wear the white over navy combo again?

I think yes, w/w/w is probably a phase. Washington brought back yellow pants at the end of the season. Real question is whether they ever bring back fouts era yellow pants. Growing up chargers were almost always b/w/y. 

1 hour ago, crosfam said:

I think yes, w/w/w is probably a phase. Washington brought back yellow pants at the end of the season. Real question is whether they ever bring back fouts era yellow pants. Growing up chargers were almost always b/w/y. 

Doubtful until they do a full redesign, but even then they have gone so long without them they have about a 25% chance of going back to it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2019 at 2:30 PM, andrewharrington said:

If the team wants a royal blue helmet or if they want to add a hint of the growth ring detailing like the originals had, then it shall be. 

27709464633_d143e92340_b.jpg

Hate this design. It literally looks like a fresh pile of dog turd. IF they want to do something like this at all, I think a very subtle version of this maybe could work:

Colorado State v Air Force : News Photo

Colorado State v Air Force : News Photo

Related image

But like I said, a very toned-down version of that. Make the lines/space more subtle.

11 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

From Turf Show Times:

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2019/2/27/18241821/los-angeles-rams-uniforms-new-design-2020-old-school-fans-bandwagon-fans-yellow-blue-st-louis-relo

And I wouldn’t object to these darker blue ones illustrated in the story.

spacer.png

That might be the worst collar design ever.

17 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

From Turf Show Times:

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2019/2/27/18241821/los-angeles-rams-uniforms-new-design-2020-old-school-fans-bandwagon-fans-yellow-blue-st-louis-relo

And I wouldn’t object to these darker blue ones illustrated in the story.

spacer.png

Good grief, so many concepts come through that try to make the negative toilet seat collar a “thing” by filling in only the front part of the (now mostly defunct) Elite 51 collar. The only time it’s been done in reality was on that one terrible UNC set, which turned out, in fact, to look terrible.

• 1 month later...

BREAKING: I just received this e-mail from the Chargers:

You Asked. We Answered.

One of the most iconic looks in sports will now be worn more often as the Los Angeles Chargers announced today that the team will wear powder blue as its primary home uniform color during the upcoming 2019 season.

Also:

The Chargers most recently brought the gold facemask back in 2016, using it whenever they wore their color rush uniforms the past three seasons. This year, they’ll use it when wearing powder, white or royal blue.

https://www.chargers.com/news/iconic-powder-blue-to-serve-as-chargers-primary-jersey-in-2019

Full-time Rams throwbacks plus Full-time Chargers powder blues?

Los Angeles is going to be the best looking football county in the country.

(I said what said.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

2 issues...

First - the sleeve bolts are vastly inferior to the old shoulder bolts.. I truly wish they'd fix this..

Second - the panel on the pants should be white, so the bolt is consistently on a white background (same with white jersey)

I don't even mind the navy outlines if they would fix these two things..

Archived