Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

On 4/17/2019 at 9:52 AM, Punchy_Gungus said:

I really like the switch to Powder blue. I feel like it would better if they went full powder blue and gold, and eliminated the navy in the numbers and shoulder bolt. That would look amazing.

I think it looks sharp with the navy outlines. I understand some people don't want navy in their identity, with navy jerseys and pants, but minimal navy outlines is perfect.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could wear yellow pants on the road, but not at home.  It'd violate the 'rule'.

Given their current choices, they'd be dumb to wear the navy pants at all.  If they're stuck with navy numbers on their road jersey, they should either go with the normal white pants or make something new that somehow works in more of the light blue and yellow.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, colortv said:

Ask the Chargers fans..

What? You just posted the same jersey with another, calling them the best, proving BJ’s point. This makes no sense.

Excellent!

On 4/17/2019 at 9:04 PM, BJ Sands said:

Best Chargers uniform. Don’t come at me. 

spacer.png

I tend to agree here. This or it's immediate predecessor were the only ones that had a consistent bolt color treatment. Also did anyone else notice the dude on the left has his shoulder bolts backward? That was a fairly common occurrence back then where I'm guessing whomever was doing the screening on the shoulder inserts was not paying attention or could not tell the difference between left/right.

On 4/19/2019 at 8:58 PM, colortv said:

Should the Chargers add yellow pants at one point? I'm leaning towards no since it would look too similar to the Rams and might drown out the jersey:

quarterback-john-hadl-of-the-san-diego-c

Yellow pants looked stupid and totally unnecessary. It's like the Dolphins with orange pants, or the Chiefs with yellow pants. The powder blue with white looks absolutely amazing. There's already plenty of yellow throughout the uniform.

15 hours ago, guest23 said:

I tend to agree here. This or it's immediate predecessor were the only ones that had a consistent bolt color treatment. Also did anyone else notice the dude on the left has his shoulder bolts backward? That was a fairly common occurrence back then where I'm guessing whomever was doing the screening on the shoulder inserts was not paying attention or could not tell the difference between left/right.

Not just backward but a different design. His shoulder bolts have more points on them before they switch direction in the center than all the other shoulder bolts in the photo . So an extra segment longer on (assuming) each end of the bolt

https://www.therams.com/photos/photos-2019-matchups#5aaa7ed1-25d2-4f51-b45e-95ccb9599d72

It's interesting looking at the slideshow schedule for the Rams. Every game is showing the team in throwbacks, but with the regular blue and white logo. That couldn't possibly mean throwbacks for every game right? I guess we won't know until they release the uniform schedule.

18 minutes ago, duxrcool048 said:

https://www.therams.com/photos/photos-2019-matchups#5aaa7ed1-25d2-4f51-b45e-95ccb9599d72

It's interesting looking at the slideshow schedule for the Rams. Every game is showing the team in throwbacks, but with the regular blue and white logo. That couldn't possibly mean throwbacks for every game right? I guess we won't know until they release the uniform schedule.

I'd bet a lot of money they won't. Take their Week 10 game at Pittsburgh, for example. Why would the Steelers wear white at home? They never do - and surely not for a late-afternoon game late in the season with no concerns of heat. The Rams will surely be in their whites for that one, despite the graphics on their website. 

2 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

I'd bet a lot of money they won't. Take their Week 10 game at Pittsburgh, for example. Why would the Steelers wear white at home? They never do - and surely not for a late-afternoon game late in the season with no concerns of heat. The Rams will surely be in their whites for that one, despite the graphics on their website. 

I'm sure you're right. I just thought it was weird for them to do the graphics like that, with so much emphasis on the throwbacks.

I’m gonna say atleast, Seattle, cardinals, 49ers, Atlanta, and Pittsburg will be in white uniforms, plus a few of the early season games at home. It’s very easy to see why they are using the throwbacks in those promotions though because it’s clearly the most popular look for the fan base, and what they chose to wear in the super bowl.

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Saw this on twitter, this should absolutely be the basis for the new Rams uniforms. 

Quite a few folks have been clamoring for this look for awhile. I mean, they have the jersey, they have similar pants...just do it already!

Hmm...maybe wear this combo at Pittsburgh?

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

34 minutes ago, Ben in LA said:

Quite a few folks have been clamoring for this look for awhile. I mean, they have the jersey, they have similar pants...just do it already!

Hmm...maybe wear this combo at Pittsburgh?

Only if the Steelers decided to wear white at home for some weird reason.

Gold jerseys are home uniforms.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I must be in the minority here, but I really don't understand why so many of you guys have such a boner for the yellow uniforms. I really don't care for them. I don't even like seeing pictures of the 1994 throwbacks that much. I think they were okay for the time, and a nod to history. But for a full time alternate now? No thanks. I despise the yellow Color Rush. Give me the royal blue and yellow as home and away. And blue and white as throwback/alt.

39 minutes ago, duxrcool048 said:

I must be in the minority here, but I really don't understand why so many of you guys have such a boner for the yellow uniforms. I really don't care for them. I don't even like seeing pictures of the 1994 throwbacks that much. I think they were okay for the time, and a nod to history. But for a full time alternate now? No thanks. I despise the yellow Color Rush. Give me the royal blue and yellow as home and away. And blue and white as throwback/alt.

Ditto.

SN: The old yellow pants Chargers' uniforms suck!

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived