Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

Yellow should be the home for the rams, maybe with blue pants instead of yellow or blue socks or something just the break up the jumpsuit look but still, the yellow at home looks good, a blue alt would be worn plenty too, just roll with both tbh

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, dont care said:

Every time someone says the rams home jerseys should be yellow, an infant dies.

I like the idea of yellow as the home jersey if it's what they wore when they moved in 1946. That being said, I can see the Rams completely ticking all the fans off if they ditch the current home design for a Seattle like design. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

However, (Demoff) did give a tiny hint that perhaps the Rams will be looking to start fresh in 2020 rather than keeping the current color scheme of blue and yellow for the primary uniforms. He said the team wants to “honor the past,” but also wants to make sure fans know this is the start of a new era for the 2020 Rams.

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

:rolleyes:

I think the writer is incorrectly guessing there's a hint specifically to a change of color scheme.  Here's the quote from Demoff he's referring to as a hint:

"It has been a great process and I think the one thing we look at is we’ve had the ability for the four years we’ve been back to listen to fans, to see the emotions around the uniforms. The Super Bowl will always hold great memories to me the first time the Rams could wear blue and yellow in Atlanta was a change really thanks to all the fans and petitioning the commissioner and having him hear the difference that made to our fans,” Demoff continued. “But I think the goal of the uniforms is to make people feel proud of the Rams, proud of the colors, but really emphasize that this is the 2020 Rams moving forward and the next chapter while making sure that we honor the past.”

I don't think that means different colors like the writer seems to believe. Demoff is just emphasizing that it'll be a modern take of the Rams moving forward. They are actively meeting and listening to fans, just like they did with the throwbacks, so that's a good sign.

8 hours ago, daveindc said:

I think the writer is incorrectly guessing there's a hint specifically to a change of color scheme.  Here's the quote from Demoff he's referring to as a hint:

"It has been a great process and I think the one thing we look at is we’ve had the ability for the four years we’ve been back to listen to fans, to see the emotions around the uniforms. The Super Bowl will always hold great memories to me the first time the Rams could wear blue and yellow in Atlanta was a change really thanks to all the fans and petitioning the commissioner and having him hear the difference that made to our fans,” Demoff continued. “But I think the goal of the uniforms is to make people feel proud of the Rams, proud of the colors, but really emphasize that this is the 2020 Rams moving forward and the next chapter while making sure that we honor the past.”

I don't think that means different colors like the writer seems to believe. Demoff is just emphasizing that it'll be a modern take of the Rams moving forward. They are actively meeting and listening to fans, just like they did with the throwbacks, so that's a good sign.

The idea that just popped in to my head was Nike's 2002 soccer jerseys with that swoosh on the left sleeve. I could see the previous Jets shoulder inset used then putting numbers on the sleeves with that swoosh imitating an enlarged Rams horn. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

The idea that just popped in to my head was Nike's 2002 soccer jerseys with that swoosh on the left sleeve. I could see the previous Jets shoulder inset used then putting numbers on the sleeves with that swoosh imitating an enlarged Rams horn. 

Do you have a picture of this. I can’t find the jersey you are referencing and I can’t picture it in my head.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Do you have a picture of this. I can’t find the jersey you are referencing and I can’t picture it in my head.

e59MoW6.png A better look at this style would be US vs Mexico 2002 World Cup

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 minutes ago, dont care said:

So basically what they got now but with more seams, and worse.

I'm only talking about that left sleeve as the sleeve cap. Not the chest design and no extra stitching.

s9GZ9rp.jpg

The idea is that the sleeve cap/shoulder rams horn is slimmer than it currently is.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 minutes ago, dont care said:

That’s what I’m talking about too, the current is much better in construction and look.

Yup, just looking to slim it down a bit so that the numbers and swoosh fir inside better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

39 minutes ago, colortv said:

Should the Chargers use the LA horse logo or the traditional bolt as the primary logo when they move to Inglewood?

LA horse. The bolt is a great helmet logo but it's always been lacking as a primary mark. The LA horse does the job wonderfully.

I don't like the horse when there are already two teams committed to horse imagery and one is in the division. The helmet bolt is a bad primary logo, but there's no real estate on the uniforms for another logo when they have so much lightning already. They need to come up with some new spin on the bolt that doesn't look like a little wisp when it's not on the helmet.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

LA horse. The bolt is a great helmet logo but it's always been lacking as a primary mark. The LA horse does the job wonderfully.

Agreed.

7 hours ago, the admiral said:

I don't like the horse when there are already two teams committed to horse imagery and one is in the division. The helmet bolt is a bad primary logo, but there's no real estate on the uniforms for another logo when they have so much lightning already. They need to come up with some new spin on the bolt that doesn't look like a little wisp when it's not on the helmet.

There's nothing that says the primary logo also has to be on the uniform.  They can use the LA horse logo as a primary without touching the uniforms.

That said, if they wanted to stay away from horses for the reasons you offer, perhaps they could rework this in some fashion.

spacer.png

. . . or maybe use a shield logo that focuses on the bolt instead of the horse.

spacer.png

Link for proper credit . . . 

https://dribbble.com/shots/3232405-LOS-ANGELES-CHARGERS-NEW-LOGO-CONCEPT

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

16 hours ago, the admiral said:

Is it really that big of a deal when there are 5 teams with Bird imagery and 4 with big cat imagery?

Archived