Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

What's throwing off this look for me is that awkward greenish tint on the bolts from the powder blue touching the gold.

I would just get rid of powder blue altogether when it comes to the bolts... just gold with a simple navy outline that itself can be separated by a white outline when applied to a powder blue background.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:37 PM, NicDB said:

What's throwing off this look for me is that awkward greenish tint on the bolts from the powder blue touching the gold.

I would just get rid of powder blue altogether when it comes to the bolts... just gold with a simple navy outline that itself can be separated by a white outline when applied to a powder blue background.

Or maybe they should just ditch navy altogether for one!

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:36 PM, leopard88 said:

Of the three, the Rams are the only team that might be able to consider the yellow/athletic gold era to be their glory years.

They wore yellow at least part of the time from 1946-50 (including the weird red season of 1949) and exclusively from 1951-57.  During that period, they played in four NFL championship games (1949, 1950, 1951 and 1955) and won the championship in 1951.  They also only finished under .500 once (1956).

Besides that, the yellow jerseys just look really nice.

I like to see the yellow-gold as a primary look for them. The blue helmets and yellow-gold tops will flash well with the look.

• 1 month later...

So Kevin Demoff was on local radio didn't give a whole lot of new information but he confirmed that the Rams are dropping the Ram head for something new. It's kinda a shame if you ask me because it's really good logo that I thought would hold up for a long time. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

9 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

So Kevin Demoff was on local radio didn't give a whole lot of new information but he confirmed that the Rams are dropping the Ram head for something new. It's kinda a shame if you ask me because it's really good logo that I thought would hold up for a long time. 

Speculating that they will go with a more horns-centric approach somehow...

I'm not sure what other kind of ram logo would be better than the ram head. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It was never a great logo, especially when both the helmet logo and the helmet-as-logo carried the brand for so long. It's like the Bengals and their B. It's just there to say it's there.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I know the Rams head was sort of "of its time" as a gritting-teeth animal logo, but no more of its time than the Broncos, Eagles, Ravens, Patriots. Those logos would seem to have life left in them. You could even say the Rams and Eagles are a decent 1-for-1 comparison with iconic helmet designs versus actual team logos.

I even thought it worked fine in the two-color format. I'm looking at the one at my desk right now, and I would say it really only has one extraneous outline. It could easily be tweaked to be simpler.

I would imagine if they're going in a different direction it'd either be something like their own "LA" monogram (gotta get in on that hat market like LAFC did), or something specifically horn-centric.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Eagles are a little different, more like the Vikings, where the helmet designs are important but co-exist with the primary logos. The Rams and Bengals' helmets have always spoken for themselves.

I've tried to do an LA monogram with a ram's horn and shofar I've had no luck.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

9 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The Eagles are a little different, more like the Vikings, where the helmet designs are important but co-exist with the primary logos. The Rams and Bengals' helmets have always spoken for themselves.

You're right. That's also something that's made me not buy a throwback blue/gold Rams hat yet. The logo is either that far too detailed Ram or its the helmet, and I just can't stand for wearing something on my head with a logo of something you wear on your head. The "hat on a hat" situation.

---

When it comes to making an LA monogram, you definitely have to be creative at this point. We've seen more than a few, good and bad.

2gbbqgmkn46izkexugz6nrke7.gif508.gif548053492018.gif1452792014.gif644692802017.gif785.gif23696572016.gifimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHxN-zIVFIn89SpVuVHmg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

As long as they don’t try to revive the skull head that they keep using on the throwback merch.

Damn shame. It’s a fine logo. And I’ll have to buy a new sticker for the car.

VmWIn6B.png

20 hours ago, the admiral said:

I've tried to do an LA monogram with a ram's horn and shofar I've had no luck.

👏

This is supposed to the clapping hands emoji, but it's barely legible (if that's the right word for emojis).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

While the Chargers have made a step in the right direction by making the powder blues the primaries, I'm quite surprised they (apparently, given the lack of news) aren't also introducing new uniforms when the new stadium opens.

As far as angry animals go, I thought the Rams was pretty good. From recolored concepts, it would have arguably looked it’s best in the classic Rams color scheme. I imagine we’re probably going to get some boring LA monogram that’s curved to look like horns, which is a bit of a disappointment as something like that would be a better alternate logo IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived