Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

I’m sure this has been asked before, so apologies for not trying to find it, but if the new color scheme isn’t navy and white, is there a reason why they decided to make the switch in the helmet & pants and have mismatched uniforms for three seasons?

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, unimaniac said:

I’m sure this has been asked before, so apologies for not trying to find it, but if the new color scheme isn’t navy and white, is there a reason why they decided to make the switch in the helmet & pants and have mismatched uniforms for three seasons?

Because they wanted to downplay the St. Louis look without having to actually change the uniforms right away.  Using white allowed them to use the white jersey as a home uniform.

19 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I would like to think it’s not an unpopular opinion at all. 

Horns on the helmet are inspired.  But once you’ve gone that literal with the helmet, horns on the shoulders are beyond stupid. 

But most fans who are buying & wearing the jerseys aren't going to be wearing them with helmets. The horn sleeves clearly show it's a Rams jersey without having to slap a ram head logo on instead.

20 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

There's not much sense to the ram horns being on the sleeves, but I don't care. I just think it looks cool 🤷‍♂️

Which is a totally normal reaction to it. With the modern cut of jerseys making the sleeve horn less remarkable, I'm ok with it going away. I'm also fine with it making it's way back. I'm just glad the California sunshine yellow will be officially back.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

I always understood the horns on the sleeve as a means for the Rams to once again be different. To me they’re shoulder stripes. BUT, the Rams mixed it up some and instead of just tapering back off on the back, they curled it around more and it became reminiscent of the horn. I always thought it was a great uniform design that, without the helmet, still easily identified the team.

1 hour ago, Rambulance said:

Which is a totally normal reaction to it. With the modern cut of jerseys making the sleeve horn less remarkable, I'm ok with it going away. I'm also fine with it making it's way back. I'm just glad the California sunshine yellow will be officially back.

I’m the opposite, I think the horns look much better on the current cut, the old horns from the Eric Dickerson era were way too big and gaudy. The smaller horns they wear today fit a lot better, they should move the sleeve number to the shoulder though to make more room for the horn, and make the number bigger in theory. 

6 minutes ago, colortv said:

Why is the blue on the 80's Rams uniforms noticeably darker than the throwbacks?

maxresdefault.jpg

la-1503967936-uc8xhzlre4-snap-image

dew9wapaiu5u0n94vzi0

Just a visual effect from 80’s photography. You can see it to some degree on a blue like the Colts’ as well:

spacer.png

EDIT: beaten to it!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Agreed, which is why you can’t trust photos to tell us anything specific about colors. They can be fooled too easily.  Old and new. 

That being said, I would love for the Rams to actually adopt that dark royal color in real life and pair it with athletic gold.  It’s better than straight navy. 

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Agreed, which is why you can’t trust photos to tell us anything specific about colors. They can be fooled too easily.  Old and new. 

That being said, I would love for the Rams to actually adopt that dark royal color in real life and pair it with athletic gold.  It’s better than straight navy. 

13 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Just a visual effect from 80’s photography. You can see it to some degree on a blue like the Colts’ as well:

spacer.png

EDIT: beaten to it!

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

80's photography vs 2000's hi def TV.

I do think the throwbacks look significantly better in those 80's pictures because of the appearance of a darker blue than they do in real life.

58 minutes ago, colortv said:

Even in video footage the 80's uniforms look like they have a darker blue, looks much superior IMO:

Because it was from 80’s video cameras. It’s the same idea with it just being a series of pictures shown rapidly.

2 hours ago, ramsker said:

While I hope they go with a darker shade of royal, the Navy wouldn't be all that bad either. I really like the Brewers colors and think the Rams could do something similar. Most of all, I'm hoping for a good LA monogram. 

Image result for milwaukee brewers colors

Oh, my eyes.  Why’d you have to go and post that abomination?  😛

I think navy tends to look better on screens than on the field.  Brighter, more vibrant, whereas it gets kind of dour and blah on uniforms, especially under artificial light. 

Archived