Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Oh, my eyes.  Why’d you have to go and post that abomination?  😛

I think navy tends to look better on screens than on the field.  Brighter, more vibrant, whereas it gets kind of dour and blah on uniforms, especially under artificial light. 

Touché

More this than that. I'm good with these colors. Would still prefer a dark royal though. 

Image result for brewers glove hat

The NFL desperately needs to loosen their jersey regulations. Is selling 1-2 extra jerseys really worth letting your league's brand look like this? The NHL Winnipeg Jets had 2 months to come up with new branding, and were able to pull it off. 

No reason for the NFL not to allow the Rams to wear LA throwbacks for 2-3 years before they move into their new stadium. No one in LA wanted those navy jerseys anyway.

20171001115003.jpg

40 minutes ago, kw11333 said:

The NFL desperately needs to loosen their jersey regulations. Is selling 1-2 extra jerseys really worth letting your league's brand look like this? The NHL Winnipeg Jets had 2 months to come up with new branding, and were able to pull it off. 

No reason for the NFL not to allow the Rams to wear LA throwbacks for 2-3 years before they move into their new stadium. No one in LA wanted those navy jerseys anyway.

20171001115003.jpg

They did let them wear the throwbacks for 2 years. Also, it was the Rams choice to go with this look initially when they moved to LA. That wasn't on the NFL.

2 hours ago, kw11333 said:

I meant home/away throwbacks.

They could’ve done that, no one was stopping them but themselves. But the Rams wanted their new uniforms to coincide with the new stadium though, so they decided to run with the mismatched mess. It’s on them, not the NFL

Can’t wait for Nike and LA to roll out uniforms like these next year.

spacer.png

In all seriousness, wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they went with something like this. All yellow monochrome, updated ram horns design and a unique chest stripe that also is a horn design on the shoulder.

(I found this online, it linked to a YouTube video which didn’t credit the artist.)

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

4 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Can’t wait for Nike and LA to roll out uniforms like these next year.

spacer.png

In all seriousness, wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they went with something like this. All yellow monochrome, updated ram horns design and a unique chest stripe that also is a horn design on the shoulder.

(I found this online, it linked to a YouTube video which didn’t credit the artist.)

No, no. I really don't see that happening.

Nike would never give a new Uniform Traditional Block Font! 😁

da0Lbhs.png

15 hours ago, jn8 said:

They could’ve done that, no one was stopping them but themselves. But the Rams wanted their new uniforms to coincide with the new stadium though, so they decided to run with the mismatched mess. It’s on them, not the NFL

In their defense, the stadium did get delayed by a year. 

15 hours ago, colortv said:

Apparently, the seats in Sofi stadium are painted dark blue/navy.

Edit:

EH_BKp3UcAU_r87.0.jpg

IMG_1616-1.jpg?w=467

IMG_1624.jpg?fit=620,9999px&ssl=1

mgnmrbukv1vyarwpuleo

Seat color often doesn't mean anything and usually is just a neutral color - the seats in Citizens Bank Park (Phillies) are blue for instance. or the Oracle park seats are green.  Metlife has gray seats.

And dark colors are preferable over bright colors because empty seats don’t stand out as much.  Just ask Pittsburgh if they’re regretting the gold. 

spacer.png

Black would camouflage the problem a whole lot better. 

spacer.png

Even if the Chargers were going with powder blue exclusively, and the Rams with royal blue, I could easily still see the seats as a neutral navy. 

24 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

And dark colors are preferable over bright colors because empty seats don’t stand out as much.  Just ask Pittsburgh if they’re regretting the gold. 

Yep, there is a reason the Pistons and Red Wings changed the lower bowl seats at LCA from red to black after one season.

Admittedly, I haven't paid much attention to what the Rams have been using as wordmarks since the move back to L.A. But the mark they're using at the top of the team's homepage seemed unusual to me. Have they been using this for a while? 

spacer.png

Archived