OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

55 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

FfZZEXhl.gif
"

To be fair, that's a rather crude rendering of the original version of the "Pat Patriot" logo that  Boston Globe cartoonist Phil Bissell created in 1960.

KffkujPl.jpg

By the time the Patriots' so-called "Flying Elvis" logo was being developed, the team was using this version of "Pat Patriot...

HWYeOZkh.jpg

Yes, it was an overly-detailed logo that was difficult to reproduce with precision at small sizes, but it is clearly more refined than the brain-addled rendition of the mark you've cited.   

Ah, my mistake. The official graphics still look dreadful, in a way that no modernization will fix.

10 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Ah, my mistake. The official graphics still look dreadful, in a way that no modernization will fix.

Mark Crosby's come about as close to anyone I know of to getting a modernization of "Pat Patriot" done right.

M7e2pZrl.png

1 minute ago, Brian in Boston said:

Mark Crosby's come about as close to anyone I know of to getting a modernization of "Pat Patriot" done right.

M7e2pZrl.png

Kinda looks like Tom Brady, too.

2 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

M7e2pZrl.png

It’s good, but I don’t like it as much as proto-Flying Elvis. Heck, the Adam Walsh update of it is lovely:

spacer.png

Source

But back to the LA Rams, I’d go for something more Art Nouveau.   

#PatJacked

Looks like Kevin Demoff is trolling us...check the twitter avi

6 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

M7e2pZrl.png

That’s so much better than Elvis. Should be their logo. 

10 hours ago, uuh70 said:

Looks like Kevin Demoff is trolling us...check the twitter avi

I actually like that logo

Could this actually be real? Remember a poster said he saw it and his discription was that is had a modern look to it and that the horn looked like an @...

2 hours ago, Survival79 said:

GEGdRas.jpg

Interesting...

I kinda like it, but don't think that could really be it.  First, it doesn't look like an athletic logo, specifically (didn't stop the Dolphins, I know) and I'd expect a new logo to incorporate a monogram in some way.

Of course, as I always say, I've been wrong before.

On 2/4/2020 at 7:59 PM, Pharos04 said:

I’d still like to see them do something with this logo

7962_cleveland_rams-primary-1944.gif

something about it just has that art deco feel that rounded font was doing. I’d love to see a modernized version of this

This looks way more Wyoming or Montana than Los Angeles to me. 

Los Angeles Rams COO Trolls Fans With New Logo On Twitter

February 8, 2020 - 19:31 PM

Last month, Los Angeles Rams chief operating officer Kevin Demoff announced the team will unveil a new color scheme, uniforms and logos ahead of their upcoming move to SoFi Stadium.  In the meantime, he has entertained fans asking for hints […]

Read More...

7 hours ago, Survival79 said:

GEGdRas.jpg

Interesting...

True if big

8 hours ago, Survival79 said:

GEGdRas.jpg

Interesting...

If it were a bull it would be a great logo for Merrill Lynch. That's the vibe I get from it. 

On 2/7/2020 at 11:22 AM, SFGiants58 said:

It’s good, but I don’t like it as much as proto-Flying Elvis. Heck, the Adam Walsh update of it is lovely:

spacer.png

To each their own. I think Mark Crosby's update of "Pat Patriot" is vastly superior to the "proto-Flying Elvis", which looks like the branding for a mid-1970s credit union. As for Adam Walsh's update, while certainly an improvement on the "proto-Flying Elvis", I wouldn't say it's better than Mark Crosby's "Pat Patriot" update.       

9 hours ago, Survival79 said:

GEGdRas.jpg

Let's hope that the Rams' new branding is considerably better looking than that. In my opinion, that looks like something an NAIA college athletic department would trot out.