OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

For the record, the Rams would probably make a better life insurance company than a football team looking at the long term.

12 hours ago, Survival79 said:

GEGdRas.jpg

Interesting...

Does the left horn seem a lot longer than the right to anybody else? It also doesn’t seem to curve up nearly as much.

Like if the ram turned to face us head on, the left horn would be so much lower than the right.

12 hours ago, Survival79 said:

GEGdRas.jpg

Interesting...

First thought is why the light blue instead of yellow? Not crazy about the logo but really hate it in those colors. 

On 2/7/2020 at 1:22 PM, SFGiants58 said:

It’s good, but I don’t like it as much as proto-Flying Elvis. Heck, the Adam Walsh update of it is lovely:

spacer.png

Source

But back to the LA Rams, I’d go for something more Art Nouveau.   

The update doesn't work because you lose the head being the canton of the flag. It stops reading as a stylized American flag man and starts reading as a man with a fancy scarf.

Super rough and sloppy but my mind is blown. Check out the Rams horn in the logo...it actually shows the classic rams helmet complete with the wrapping horn and ear holespacer.png

8 hours ago, hawk36 said:

First thought is why the light blue instead of yellow? Not crazy about the logo but really hate it in those colors. 

The white or light blue would be yellow if it was real. They won't do blue and white as their colors. Royal and yellow or navy and yellow

This isn't as bad as the time people here were trying to use blurry reflections on a window to reconstruct the sleeve pattern on the then-yet-to-be-unveiled Vikings jerseys, but it's getting there.

10 hours ago, the admiral said:

The update doesn't work because you lose the head being the canton of the flag. It stops reading as a stylized American flag man and starts reading as a man with a fancy scarf.

What's wrong with fancy scarves? 

Do you think Paul Revere went on his ride with a cold neck?

3 hours ago, IceCap said:

This isn't as bad as the time people here were trying to use blurry reflections on a window to reconstruct the sleeve pattern on the then-yet-to-be-unveiled Vikings jerseys, but it's getting there.

That Viking thread also included a picture of a Christian Ponder jersey shaped birthday cake as a "clue" just to add to the nonsense.

(I remember, because the cake picture was posted by me.)

On 2/7/2020 at 8:17 PM, Gothamite said:

That’s so much better than Elvis. Should be their logo. 

Logos shouldn't depict skin color unless it's a literal representation of a real person.  There were black patriots too... and there's a lot of black Patriots.

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Logos shouldn't depict skin color unless it's a literal representation of a real person.  There were black patriots too... and there's a lot of black Patriots.

Anyone able to work up a Crispus Attucks hiking a football?

Hahahahaha the Rams are going to completely ruin this and go double blue, aren’t they? 

Los Angeles Mountainside Insurance, boy, that's fishing for an "EDIT: too soon" if I've ever seen it

21 hours ago, hawk36 said:

First though is why the light blue instead of yellow? Not crazy about the logo but really hate it in those colors. 

Properly colored I like it better but I'd say this is at best a secondary or tertiary logo. 

Rams2020.jpg

The one horn looks way too much like something coming out of its neck compared to something behind the head. It also looks larger than the one that’s nearer to us. The depth is way off. 

On 2/8/2020 at 1:44 PM, Survival79 said:

GEGdRas.jpg

Interesting...

I don't know why, but my first thought of this was a @Conrad. logo. Different, but similar.