Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Gobbi said:

The one horn looks way too much like something coming out of its neck compared to something behind the head. It also looks larger than the one that’s nearer to us. The depth is way off. 

Thank you for saying that.  I thought it was just me.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:16 PM, Brian in Boston said:

Mark Crosby's come about as close to anyone I know of to getting a modernization of "Pat Patriot" done right.

M7e2pZrl.png

This is great.  What I really love is how it incorporates the 1960 helmet logo.

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 2/7/2020 at 11:22 AM, SFGiants58 said:

It’s good, but I don’t like it as much as proto-Flying Elvis. Heck, the Adam Walsh update of it is lovely:

spacer.png

Source

But back to the LA Rams, I’d go for something more Art Nouveau.   

Why Art Nouveau, out of curiosity? I think the Art Deco movement is more closely associated with LA, and the simpler, sleeker forms also translate better into contemporary branding.

On 2/7/2020 at 5:17 PM, Gothamite said:

That’s so much better than Elvis. Should be their logo. 

This is a solid update, but I never liked the shape/composition of him, to be honest. I always thought making Pat a ball carrier of some sort (instead of a center) would be a step in the right direction, making him more active and better suited for the “directionality“ of a helmet decal.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

7 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Why Art Nouveau, out of curiosity? I think the Art Deco movement is more closely associated with LA, and the simpler, sleeker forms also translate better into contemporary branding.

I don't know who could make a sports logo out of a Toulouse-Lautrec poster but now I wanna see someone try.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

17 hours ago, the admiral said:

I don't know who could make a sports logo out of a Toulouse-Lautrec poster but now I wanna see someone try.

If you're looking for Art Nouveau influence, I'd go with Alphonse Mucha instead...

spacer.png

And if we need a ram...

spacer.png

But Art Deco might be the way to go...

spacer.png

GEGdRas.jpg

Not a fan of this.  Saw it a week ago and couldn't figure out the random lines and whiskers on the left.  Only just now realized its supposed to be part of his left horn.  It is better now that I see that.  But its still just a little too out there for my taste, especially for an NFL logo.  I can't see how anyone would prefer this ram over the most recent ram logo.  

90758391980.gif

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

GEGdRas.jpg

Not a fan of this.  Saw it a week ago and couldn't figure out the random lines and whiskers on the left.  Only just now realized its supposed to be part of his left horn.  It is better now that I see that.  But its still just a little too out there for my taste, especially for an NFL logo.  I can't see how anyone would prefer this ram over the most recent ram logo.  

It's only a joke. Demoff has been playing around with fans on Twitter for a while now. 

For a millionth of a millisecond, I read "Lams".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Reading into it, given my experience designing for large corporate clients, this reminds me of when the person in charge is trying to justify their involvement. They can't just go with the "right" answer (old LA look) as then people will wonder what they are being paid for. They feel anything less than putting their own unique stamp on a project means they've failed. Sad.

10 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Reading into it, given my experience designing for large corporate clients, this reminds me of when the person in charge is trying to justify their involvement. They can't just go with the "right" answer (old LA look) as then people will wonder what they are being paid for. They feel anything less than putting their own unique stamp on a project means they've failed. Sad.

sometimes that’s true of the client, sometimes it’s true of the designer. Here it seems true of both.  

Everybody has a vested interest in change for its own sake.  Instead of the easy, and correct, option, they’ll muck it up just to put “their stamp” on it.  We saw it with the Brewers this year, now we’ll watch the Rams run through the same slow-motion car wreck, all to satisfy a few rich men’s egos.  

Maybe the "old LA look" looks like just that - "old".  With its heat-pressed local-sporting-goods-store numbers, antiquated and redundant shoulder horns, and pants that don't match, it's a product of a bygone era.  I'd be perfectly happy with a recolored version of the current set, but that obviously can't happen.  I'm cautiously optimistic about this (albeit I didn't watch that clip.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Maybe the "old LA look" looks like just that - "old".  With its heat-pressed local-sporting-goods-store numbers, antiquated and redundant shoulder horns, and pants that don't match, it's a product of a bygone era.  I'd be perfectly happy with a recolored version of the current set, but that obviously can't happen.  I'm cautiously optimistic about this (albeit I didn't watch that clip.)

I REALLY hope they don't bring back the shoulder horns. Maybe an unpopular opinion but I never thought they were executed well. And now that there's even less space there on current jerseys I fear how it would look

8 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

I REALLY hope they don't bring back the shoulder horns. Maybe an unpopular opinion but I never thought they were executed well. And now that there's even less space there on current jerseys I fear how it would look

The shoulder horns look like they do on the throwback jerseys. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived