Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

56 minutes ago, FFWally said:

I'm going to keep my mind open to this not being a complete Jags or Bucs level train wreck... 

If they manage to slither under that bar, I’ll actually be impressed. But this logo isn’t good. The yellow failing to line up at the top of the A is sloppy, and I’m not optimistic about the new colors.

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be honest, I think its alright. It could be a TON worse. I like the update. Is it a bit generic? Yeah, sure. But I'm not really concerned with the logo's design as with the possible double-blue and yellow color scheme, which looks like its doing too much to please modern and traditional fans. We'll just have to wait and see until the full set is unveiled.

At this point, I think anything NFL teams release will be automatically received with negative criticism. And that might be an overreaction, but social media can be a rabbit hole of trolls and sensitivity. 

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

1 hour ago, jws008 said:

Why not go to them?

After all, they have more experience dealing with Kroenke & Demoff than LA’s media does.

Or to put it another way, can Peter King not have a valid opinion on the LA Rams, since he’s a New York-based reporter?

No, Peter King can't have a valid opinion about the Rams because his agent is Marvin Demoff, the father of Rams COO Kevin Demoff. Blatant and apparent conflict of interest for King, who is a walking conflict of interest, and an egotistical and narcissistic buffoon.

40 minutes ago, colortv said:

They don't look different on the side. Look at the front of the hat in this pic:

1zuyqojyohl41.jpg

The hat is navy blue. Outlines on the front are yellow, white, and royal blue. Outlines on the side are sky blue and pale yellow. At least that’s what I’m seeing. 

2 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

The hat is navy blue. Outlines on the front are yellow, white, and royal blue. Outlines on the side are sky blue and pale yellow. At least that’s what I’m seeing. 

Or is the hat black? The others seem to be. Could just be the lighting making it look blue. That would lead one to believe they will be royal and yellow after all. 

The other hats don’t appear to have significant changes to the team colors for the neon mottos on the side. Perhaps the light blue is the tertiary color? Or they lightened the royal for the neon to make it visible against the black background? Or I’m overanalyzing?

1 hour ago, d11king said:

Idk how all the guys in suits, in marketing, and all that other business related stuff with the team can sit there in a meeting, and vote that this should be the image of the franchise for the foreseeable future. Everyone should be fired... tried so hard to incorporate LA with the logo; and failed

Isn't it wild? There was so much goodwill built up in the LA market for the return of the Rams, and there's a clear and understandable desire to bring the uniform and logo close to the 80s/90s vibe....and they just won't do it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

23 minutes ago, jws008 said:

Well, I believe your opinion is also just as invalid then. If you think that Kroenke moved the team to LA because it was their “rightful city”, you’re clearly too biased to be talking about anything Los Angeles related.

I'm not from LA 😛 I'm not biased thanks to locale. 

And I believe San Kroenke moved them to LA because there's more money to be made there. With that said? The move also rights a historical wrong.

24 minutes ago, jws008 said:

(I don’t really believe that BTW, you are entitled to your opinion. As are people from St. Louis or Manitoba.)

What does Manitoba have anything to do with this?
Anyway St. Louis fans are, of course, going to feel upset. With that said? They obviously have some sour grapes. So I take anything they say with a grain of salt.

🆘

You know, it's kind of comforting to watch the Rams screw things up like this in characteristic fashion, presumably through over-workshopping and overthinking.  It makes me appreciate those aberrant blasts of competence more.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

3 hours ago, colortv said:

Those can't be the colors though..can they? As someone mentioned that has to be a "themed" hat.

I’m that somebody and...

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

The draft hats are all going with a neon-themed logo on black.

this confirms my suspicions. Need to see this thing in its normal state. The colors are the only thing I have an issue with as far as this hat is concerned.

Archived