OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

55 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

So much for that "high authority" teal and purple rumor. ☹️

What? That was a thing?

Oddly enough, the actual logo is worse :shocked: ...this logo on the hat is the "neon sign" version that all the Draft hats are this season, and we won't see that on anything else but the draft hat.

I have a feeling that this might be more the secondary than the primary, and teams do have history of secondary logos on these hats, iirc. That in mind, I like the logo, and as a coach, I'd wear it on my polos, shorts, etc. On the hat, I agree that they lightened the blue to show better on the black background.

I could see it now.... Intern walks into the design marketing team's office and says " They meant the Rams not the Chargers"

On 3/8/2020 at 7:58 PM, HoopsCoach55 said:

I have a feeling that this might be more the secondary than the primary, and teams do have history of secondary logos on these hats, iirc. That in mind, I like the logo, and as a coach, I'd wear it on my polos, shorts, etc. On the hat, I agree that they lightened the blue to show better on the black background.

Yeah I dig this as well. Not seeing the Chargers lightning bolt like most others are. It looks like the Rams horn. A bit stylized, but a horn nonetheless.

11 minutes ago, jn8 said:

What? That was a thing?

Someone tweeted it recently. 

37 minutes ago, colortv said:

ESoDVy-XkAIQ8DL?format=png&name=small

This logo would've been met with less outrage from the NFL community

22 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

As long as they don’t screw up the uniforms this really isn’t thaaat bad. It’s growing on me slightly now that I see the mock up of what it may actually look like. 

The Dolphins going to their airline logo for example was much worse because they actually use it on their helmet. 

The dolphins logo is miles better than this, the dolphins logo is the best they've ever had, the dolphins in general look great right now. 
This Rams logo however makes me afraid their fudged up their helmets, if the horn is like the one in the logo, then the rest of the set doesn't matter, it's already one of the bottom 5-10 worst uniforms in the league

1 hour ago, jws008 said:

As to why the Rams are back in LA, the answer to that and all your other questions is money. Trust me on this, if Kroenke could have made more money in Anchorage, Alaska, they’d be the Anchorage Rams today.

Don't give the NFL any more crazy ideas.

(Although, having been there, I suddenly find myself rather intrigued by the idea of an NFL exhibition game in Alaska. I have no idea where they'd play it, though.)

33 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Oddly enough, the actual logo is worse :shocked: ...this logo on the hat is the "neon sign" version that all the Draft hats are this season, and we won't see that on anything else but the draft hat.

depositphotos_204092626-stock-video-port

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

It can't be that bad right?

RIGHT!?

tumblr_lp4vot3ii71r0ojhto1_250.gif

1 hour ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

Crappy as a primary, not bad crappy as a secondary.

FYP

3 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

A team moving is not in itself embarrassing for the league; and neither the Rams' nor the Raiders' moves qualify as an embarrassment. The Rams had massive grass-roots support pining for their return; and the Raiders will surely do very well in Las Vegas. 

By contrast, the Chargers' move is unique in resulting in a team going to a place where it is not wanted and where it goes so obviously unsupported.  There is no analogue to this sort of humiliation, not only in the NFL, but also in the recent history of any of the major sports leagues. The situation is intolerable and untenable.

I'm sympathetic to people who are upset that the Chargers left San Diego.  I was a Charger season ticket holder in Mission Valley before becoming a season ticket holder in LA.

It is important to remember that, even after reaching a generous lease agreement with the Rams in Inglewood, the Chargers made a final attempt to build a stadium in Downtown San Diego using public and private funding.  They couldn't reach 50% in the stadium vote.  San Diego didn't want to keep the Chargers if it meant using significant public money.  And, rightly or wrongly, there was a precedent set when a lot of public money was used to build Petco Park.

But, yeah, the new Rams logo sucks.  Just use the helmet logo with the old two-bar facemask and call it a day.

spacer.png

I actually don't watch football so I'm sorta out of the loop here but man that new logo. Sheesh. It would be much better off as a secondary logo. Though I never actually watched football the old rams logo is super recognizable for me. Like I could instantly name the team looking at the logo. Considering the logo is an actual animal, something that strikes you and defines the name. This new logo... it's just letters and a horn. 

the horn looks more of a hurricane or something storm related. Which is often a common thing I see in school teams and recreation teams here in Louisiana. Kinda like Tulane wave.

10 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

???

spacer.png

This could work but overall I don't know. Messing with something that's been around since the 50's and is basically iconic is a dangerous move.