Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

8 hours ago, colortv said:

I wanted to come on here and rip the Rams for such a horrible, disaster of a logo.  Then I remembered the Browns have a reveal coming next month and now this Rams logo isn't as funny anymore.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

This could work but overall I don't know. Messing with something that's been around since the 50's and is basically iconic is a dangerous move.

I doubt they’ll mess with the helmet. Although this leak and Conrad’s statement have me wondering. 

11 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Who wants to bet that this new Rams logo will last about as long as this infamous one did...

spacer.png

Only someone who is stupid and likes losing money on bets.  That's not how it works for primary logos in 2020.

11 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The Chargers could win the next ten Super Bowls, and they would still struggle to gain a fanbase or a market for their merchandise in Los Angeles. Given realistic results, this will never, ever happen.

This is why the team's rooters are vastly outnumbered at every home game by fans supporting the opposition, even when the opposition is a team that does not have traditionally large travelling support.

1. If the Chargers were to win the next 10 SBs, you don't think anyone would jump on the wagon?  The Clippers are getting support now - why?  Because they're good.  It's not like the Rams are the Lakers or Cubs of LA... and

2. So are Rams games.  LA is a road-trip spot, like Florida.  This notion that the Rams are "LA's team" and the whole area rallies behind them is silly.

10 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

A team moving is not in itself embarrassing for the league; and neither the Rams' nor the Raiders' moves qualify as an embarrassment. The Rams had massive grass-roots support pining for their return; and the Raiders will surely do very well in Las Vegas. 

You mean those 6 guys in the parking lot?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I doubt they’ll mess with the helmet. Although this leak and Conrad’s statement have me wondering. 

Honestly, between the leaked logo, and the various statements that have dribbled out, at this point I'm expecting that they've altered the helmet horn design.

8 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

the horn looks more of a hurricane or something storm related. Which is often a common thing I see in school teams and recreation teams here in Louisiana. Kinda like Tulane wave.

Hmmmm.....Slap a TU on the left and an NE on the right, recolor it green and blue, and you might have something worthwhile.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Here are my takeaways here: 

• The draft hat is atrocious. 
  • The logo mocked up in the normal Rams colors is better, but still meh. 
  • I remain hopeful for a modern traditional take of the classic Rams look that satisfies the masses. 
  • I can't possibly imagine that they'd tweak the Ram horn on the helmet to the 3 sectioned horn we're seeing in this logo, but nothing would surprise me. 
  • Nike gonna Nike. 
  • Every time I think in my head "man I wish the Eagles would change their unis", I think of all of these overhauls and suddenly, I'm okay. 

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Honestly, between the leaked logo, and the various statements that have dribbled out, at this point I'm expecting that they've altered the helmet horn design.

Ugh, I hope not. 

14 hours ago, IceCap said:

13 hours ago, IceCap said:

I'm not from LA 😛 I'm not biased thanks to locale. 

And I believe San Kroenke moved them to LA because there's more money to be made there. With that said? The move also rights a historical wrong.

What does Manitoba have anything to do with this?
Anyway St. Louis fans are, of course, going to feel upset. With that said? They obviously have some sour grapes. So I take anything they say with a grain of salt.

Wait a minute....😁...the St Louis media is saying THE EXACT SAME THING EVERYONE HERE IS SAYING.....yet they're "biased" and should be "taken with a grain of salt?"

What? What the actual 🤬 sense does that make?

1 minute ago, FSUViking said:

Wait a minute....😁...the St Louis media is saying THE EXACT SAME THING EVERYONE HERE IS SAYING.....yet they're "biased" and should be "taken with a grain of salt?"

Um pardon? Only a few people are saying the logo looks like the St. Louis arch. Seems like they're reaching to me. 

2 minutes ago, FSUViking said:

One or two people here that think it looks like the Arch is not everyone. 

It really doesn't look like the Arch...completely different shapes. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The plot thickens

1200px-Angelo_State_University_logo.svg.

That's the logo for Angelo State University. So either that leak is not legit or someone at the NFL office jacked a D2 college's logo for the goddamn Los Angeles Rams, which wouldn't surprise me based on the subpar creative they've been pumping out over the last few years. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 minutes ago, Sport said:

The plot thickens

1200px-Angelo_State_University_logo.svg.

That's the logo for Angelo State University. So either that leak is not legit or someone at the NFL office jacked a D2 college's logo for the goddamn Los Angeles Rams, which wouldn't surprise me based on the subpar creative they've been pumping out over the last few years. 

uh oh. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived