OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

The arch is round. A horn is round. Therefore, the horn looks like the arch. #logic

Did the Rams not learn from the Chargers' mistake of abandoning logic and forcing an "LA" monogram logo on us?

2310_los_angeles__chargers-unused-2017.png

3 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

They need to just unveil the official logo with all these attempts at coloring it spreading around as if they are the real thing. 

Yea, nothing circulating is the correct coloring of it. There's almost too much of it out there to avoid now if you're the Rams.

35 minutes ago, Sport said:

The plot thickens

1200px-Angelo_State_University_logo.svg.

That's the logo for Angelo State University. So either that leak is not legit or someone at the NFL office jacked a D2 college's logo for the goddamn Los Angeles Rams, which wouldn't surprise me based on the subpar creative they've been pumping out over the last few years. 

Wow....

Not only is the logo terrible they ripped off a college logo.

Rams STRUCK OUT badly. At least most people thought the Padres hit a home run with their new rebrand. At least the Chargers save face when they got rid of their Dodgers looking logo... But this looks like the real deal for the Rams. Just wow.

2 minutes ago, bootscallahan said:

Does anyone have any idea what we're looking at? 

If it's legit, looks like we're getting a new ram head. That looks like an updated eye and brow (old one for comparison):

7953_los_angeles_rams-primary-2017.png

@Conrad. @canzman blink twice if the LA logo is an alternate for merchandise only

That logo is brutally bad. I'm not optimistic for what their uniforms are going to look like now.

LA seems to be cursed when it comes to rebrands lately. First the Clippers' rushed rebrand, then the Chargers' embarrassing LA monogram, now this mess. I don't know why the Rams felt they needed to change the logo anyway. All they had to do was recolor the one they already had and bring back the sleeve horn unis full-time, it's not that hard.

1 minute ago, LAWeaver said:

If it's legit, looks like we're getting a new ram head. That looks like an updated eye and brow (old one for comparison):

Yep, looking like you are right. Good catch!

4 minutes ago, LAWeaver said:

@Conrad. @canzman blink twice if the LA logo is an alternate for merchandise only

Bottom right corner on the tease logo looks white while the rest look blue and the eye and brow are yellow.. Is the ram going to be three colors?

The arch comparisons are a stretch, but to me, the "horn" looks more like a few toenail clippings than a horn.

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Honestly, between the leaked logo, and the various statements that have dribbled out, at this point I'm expecting that they've altered the helmet horn design.

The one thing that should've been off limits, so of course they did. Terrible.

27 minutes ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

Not sure if the later twitter link was to Everett's later tweet, but he joked that he was just chain-yanking. He has no information.

Nothing to see here (still).

1 hour ago, Sport said:

The plot thickens

1200px-Angelo_State_University_logo.svg.

That's the logo for Angelo State University. So either that leak is not legit or someone at the NFL office jacked a D2 college's logo for the goddamn Los Angeles Rams, which wouldn't surprise me based on the subpar creative they've been pumping out over the last few years. 

Guys - This is the best news I've heard. We need to get a hold of Angelo State's Legal Department. Get a Cease and Desist Letter sent out right away. 

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

Yea, nothing circulating is the correct coloring of it. There's almost too much of it out there to avoid now if you're the Rams.

I'm struggling to wrap my head around how this logo could be colored differently than what's been mocked up. Is it because there are 2 different shades of blue (presumably royal and navy)? Is it that the different segments of the horn are now different colors (perhaps as a way to combine the white and yellow horn eras)?

3 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

I'm struggling to wrap my head around how this logo could be colored differently than what's been mocked up. Is it because there are 2 different shades of blue (presumably royal and navy)? Is it that the different segments of the horn are now different colors (perhaps as a way to combine the white and yellow horn eras)?

From @CC97 himself: