Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

11 minutes ago, alecgoff said:

Here is what the new logo looks like with the gradient.

la1.jpg

One very important distinction u just made, the gap between the horn and the “a” part of the horn which is evident upon close inspection of the hat.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd previously made a concept of a metallic blue lid as a way to try to blend a navy helmet with the royal uniforms. Here's that with what @oldschoolvikings has presented on a possible horn design.

StqDgNi.png

Assuming the real helmet would be more navy than this but who knows with the potential array of colors. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

21 minutes ago, alecgoff said:

Here is what the new logo looks like with the gradient.

la1.jpg

Having it like this makes the yellow part more like a crescent moon than a ram's horn. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

18 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

I'd previously made a concept of a metallic blue lid as a way to try to blend a navy helmet with the royal uniforms. Here's that with what @oldschoolvikings has presented on a possible horn design.

StqDgNi.png

Assuming the real helmet would be more navy than this but who knows with the potential array of colors. 

I... don't hate this? 

Honestly, if the helmet were similar to that of the Jets' - appearing navy in some light, royal in more light - then I wouldn't be opposed to it. Give the horns and helmet a metallic finish and you've got a pretty decent lid.

But to try and show off each and every possible color in the logo would be stupid. Dark Royal and Athletic Gold would be my go-to look for the Rams, that way the above helmet would still work with a royal uniform and athletic gold pants. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

29 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

StqDgNi.png

Unpopular opinion: I kind of like this helmet design.

I don’t think that it’s right for the Rams, but I like the depth that the different segment colors provide to the horn.

Every concept blending the eras with yellows, golds, etc reminds me of the 90s red, green and yellow Supersonics. Not bad in a vacuum but not the Supersonics. And not the Rams.

This once great franchise is a mess. STL played with LA colors for a number of years and won a super bowl, and while in LA, they went to the super bowl wearing the STL colors. And now they are messing with the oldest helmet logo in football?

Why?

3 minutes ago, colortv said:

there’s years of time and money invested into this.

"Well, gentlemen, a great deal of money has been invested in this project and we can't allow it to fail."

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

3 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

3ci8fYI.png

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

Honestly I think the gradient logo and the helmet on the right would be a pretty good look for the Rams. Would move it into Seahawks "unnecessarily modern but likable in its own context"  territory rather than Chicago Fire "the person who designed this has never seen art in their lives" territory.

9 minutes ago, kw11333 said:

This once great franchise is a mess. STL played with LA colors for a number of years and won a super bowl, and while in LA, they went to the super bowl wearing the STL colors. And now they are messing with the oldest helmet logo in football?

Why?

Well, we don't really know what they're doing yet. All we have is a neon re-colored logo, distorted by added on outlines, and photographed under apparently strange lighting. I realize I'm adding to the goofy hysteria by mocking up some silly helmet speculations, but the truth is, good, bad, or somewhere in between, we are still pretty much clueless about the final logo, and completely clueless about the uniform.

3 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Chris said that there were multiple shades of yellow and a gradient on the real logo. Could we actually see something like this? In which case, my opinion of the logo changes drastically!

3ci8fYI.png

EDIT: It appears that while I was designing this, everyone had the same thought as me.

this looks so so much better than what the original leak shows. Oddly enough, I would still like for the helmet to be royal blue/yellow horns. 

quick question though for someone who may know. If this indeed was the logo, and fan backlash was at an all time high in LA (which I don’t think not a lot of people would care or cry over because LA if fans of many teams) but how long are the Rams required to have this logo until a new one can be made?

Archived