OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Nice logo critique on Reddit that I saw on the front page of r/nfl

spacer.png

Link to Reddit r/nfl Post

Remember this is a member's drawing, not the official logo. The real one might have all of those things right. 

(Didn't mean to repeat...) 

Edited by rjrrzube
Again, seconds late to the show...

3 hours ago, LAWeaver said:

I... don't hate this? 

Honestly, if the helmet were similar to that of the Jets' - appearing navy in some light, royal in more light - then I wouldn't be opposed to it. Give the horns and helmet a metallic finish and you've got a pretty decent lid.

But to try and show off each and every possible color in the logo would be stupid. Dark Royal and Athletic Gold would be my go-to look for the Rams, that way the above helmet would still work with a royal uniform and athletic gold pants. 

That’s not terrible....

I have no clue what the rest of the uniform might look like and it still doesn’t feel very Rams-y but, in a vacuum, that’s kind of ok. 

I know we are in month March, but listen this conspiracy theory. What If this leak, all this confirmations, all this speculations are special prepared action to fool everyone? And when April 1st come out, they gonna release a real logo and say: "Haha suprise fools! We've got you!". They basically going to do a reverse April Fool day.

Of course I'm still in guess "LA" logo is an alternate one and is not that bad as people rant over it.

It finally hit me... It's not just the Chargers, but it's also the Clippers! 

1hrqvo4oaipg1j7eboaxh4bgu.png

All the jokes have already been made...

but I will say as alternate logo, meh ok. As a primary replacing the beautiful Ram head that just needed to recolor? puke.

Did no one in charge of this notice how easily that could be a Chargers logo? If the horn on the helmet looks anything like the one in the logo fans might protest the team back to St. Louis.

4 hours ago, j'villejags said:

I'd previously made a concept of a metallic blue lid as a way to try to blend a navy helmet with the royal uniforms. Here's that with what @oldschoolvikings has presented on a possible horn design.

StqDgNi.png

Assuming the real helmet would be more navy than this but who knows with the potential array of colors. 

I love this. Excellent job. I hate that I’ll be disappointed if it doesn’t end up looking this 

4 hours ago, j'villejags said:

I'd previously made a concept of a metallic blue lid as a way to try to blend a navy helmet with the royal uniforms. Here's that with what @oldschoolvikings has presented on a possible horn design.

StqDgNi.png

Assuming the real helmet would be more navy than this but who knows with the potential array of colors. 

I don’t understand the white part, looks very odd imo.

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

EDIT: Yeah, I’ve known it’s a mock-up from these very forums and not the real deal. Still though...

spacer.png

Deleted

I'm not ruling out this logo being a fake/troll job.

We've seen Demoff wear a red/blue/gray Rams hat that is fake, so we know they went to the actual lengths to manufacture something fake.

The Rams have invested years and who knows how much money into this, and let it leak like THIS?

It's a little coincidental that they posted that video and someone just happened to be sitting on a pic of the (purported) new logo.

2 hours ago, simtek34 said:

EDIT: Yeah, I’ve known it’s a mock-up from these very forums and not the real deal. Still though...

spacer.png

Honestly though, I don't really agree with a lot of these critiques from a typographical standpoint.  An L and and an A should not be parallel on an oblique font because they're not when they're straight (unless you're using an alt A from ITC Avant Garde).  Plus, this person has never heard of an inktrap, because that's why all the inside angles go thinner.  Also, there is no rule on where a crossbar of an A has to line up; I'm perfectly fine with a low crossbar.  Especially in this application, where a higher crossbar would muddy up the A at small applications.

The issue with this logo isn't the use of Helvetica to mimic the LRAAMS wordmark.  The issue is a ram horn made out of crescents, which got stylized to look more like a Chargers logo than a Rams logo.  It's very clear that this is a secondary logo, at least I sincerely hope it is.  And I hope it has the same fate as the Chargers' brief LA secondary logo because that's exactly the quality of this logo.

Like the Bengals, it's hard to say the Rams even have a primary logo when the helmet features non-logo art. Even the goat head is functionally a secondary. But whether it's a primary or secondary, this job's a mess. It should have been sent back to the drawing board at no less than three different junctures: it doesn't really work on a white background, it's too close to the Chargers, and the technical flaws as showcased upthread.

Not to mention, the closer you get to that single hat in a box, and the more it looks like a photoshopped Navy blue hat. Look at the area between the L and the A

6 minutes ago, Rambulance said:

Not to mention, the closer you get to that single hat in a box, and the more it looks like a photoshopped Navy blue hat. Look at the area between the L and the A

You can make out either a navy piece of fabric or a field of navy thread the whole logo sits on, so I don't think it's shopped.

Similar to how a Packers hat is made:

ff_3444428-55504116e15dd12c0671alt2_full

1 hour ago, Rambulance said:

Since these draft hats are using the silicon logos on all but the adj. dad hats, there's a patch that the silicon rests on. Kinda like this:

ff_3650931-7fb24b9f86f83acdb4d7alt1_full

6 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Here's the logo on white

XlWWifh.png

I know you can simply change the colors to put it on a white background. But doesn’t this just defeat the purpose of having the white horn in the first place?

2 hours ago, daniel75 said:

I don’t understand the white part, looks very odd imo.

What if it were a full gradient from white to athletic to metallic?

33 minutes ago, chakfu said:

What if it were a full gradient from white to athletic to metallic?

Not a fan of gradients.