OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

2 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

Umm...yeah, I just stated that obvious observation.

Sure. 

3 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

You're saying that as if the Brewers have a bad uniform. It may not be personally satisfying to you, but their uniforms are actually very nice.

"...their uniforms are actually very nice" implies a statement of fact. When what you're saying isn't factual at all. 

8 minutes ago, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

How ironic that it is labeled as "Los Angeles Chargers" above the Los Angeles Rams logo, and vice versa! Also, why is this missing the Dallas Cowboys?

The Cowboys were the only ones to opt-out of the NFL licensing agreement.  

58 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Sure. 

"...their uniforms are actually very nice" implies a statement of fact. When what you're saying isn't factual at all. 

Yeah, this is beyond redundant. 

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

Sure. 

Clearly, this is escaping you. Just because some people wanted exact throwbacks to return, doesn't mean the Brewers and Rams are ugly, total failures. You expect something, and anything other than what you had in mind will be a disappointment, that's just how things work. On the surface, like the Brewers, I'm sure the Rams will at least look decent.

4 minutes ago, YankeeBaseball0934f said:

Also, the Rams one says "Vamos Rams" and is not the slogan on the leak.

The league-wide draft hat leak is just using placeholders for teams changing logos and uniforms. 

51 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

Clearly, this is escaping you. Just because some people wanted exact throwbacks to return, doesn't mean the Brewers and Rams are ugly, total failures. You expect something, and anything other than what you had in mind will be a disappointment, that's just how things work.

You're missing the point entirely. What's "decent" is a matter of subjective opinion, not objective fact. This has nothing to do with what you, I, or anyone else likes. It's simply a matter of people (you, in this case) confusing subjective preferences with objective truths. 

On the surface, like the Brewers, I'm sure the Rams will at least look decent.

I don't know. I haven't seen enough of the new Rams identity to form an opinion. 

What I know, however, is that "it's [insert year here], some teams are going in new directions" is a poor defence of anything. Pro sports is littered with failed rebrands that were discarded in favour of classic identities. 

15 hours ago, SmackNCheese said:

thats what i was thinking, albeit in white>metalllic>gold order. I was waiting for someone to post a gradient mockup but nobody did so i had to do it myself.

JPfbdo8.jpg

not good

Not that bad to me.  Biggest issue is the flatness of the LA. Feels like a dimension is missing. Gradient helps the A/horn interface work.   I was thinking of gradient through the whole horn without spaces. Anyway I really reserve judgment on this until a full color version is released.

6 hours ago, MMorgan11 said:

Image result for nfl 2020 draft hats

I don't know if this helps, but it looks like it will be the primary.

What is this? Brownie the elf, old Rams logo labeled Chargers, Chargers bolt labeled Rams...

Say, why do the Bengals get away with a B when then Browns B in ball was panned? Both are ok.  What other teams get away with mascot initials? More common in Baseball. A's O's Angels.  Briefly Indians. I remember as a kid initially not knowing A's was short for Athletics.  88 Topps just said A's on top

Clevejacked!

Rams reporter on radio today confirms hat is legit.  Whether it's primary logo or alternate logo TBD.  

1 minute ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Rams reporter on radio today confirms hat is legit.  Whether it's primary logo or alternate logo TBD.  

I'm holding out hope that it's a secondary logo. The Browns hat has the Brownie elf logo and I'm guessing that is not a primary. 

16 hours ago, SmackNCheese said:

thats what i was thinking, albeit in white>metalllic>gold order. I was waiting for someone to post a gradient mockup but nobody did so i had to do it myself.

JPfbdo8.jpg

not good

I'm cool with it, it references various eras and it makes the most sense with the white A.

32 minutes ago, chakfu said:

Say, why do the Bengals get away with a B when then Browns B in ball was panned?

They don't. People on here regularly criticize the Bengals logo for being a B.

42 minutes ago, JayMac said:

I'm holding out hope that it's a secondary logo. The Browns hat has the Brownie elf logo and I'm guessing that is not a primary. 

The Bears' hat logo is also a secondary...I think the wishbone C is still the primary. 

59 minutes ago, JayMac said:

I'd be willing to sacrifice the Rams if it meant the Browns would finally get a real logo

17 hours ago, SmackNCheese said:

JPfbdo8.jpg

not good

It's still garbage. 

31 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

I'd be willing to sacrifice the Rams if it meant the Browns would finally get a real logo

It's so funny, was a Browns logo (not on the helmet) ever that controversial?  I liked the B in the ball just fine, elf is a little too busy but fine, bulldog face was just fine...all better than the helmet sticking out like a sore thumb among other logos.

spacer.png

A 2-minute fix makes a the logo miles better IMO. I can live with the separated horns and a gradient. At least the gradient makes it look a lot less like a new Chargers logo. If there is a gradient, I don't know how you could take the horn into the other side of the A a la the earlier mock-ups without the logo looking even more awkward. 

They could have had the horn start out white, then gradiate to ATHLETIC GOLD (ARE YOU HAPPY?), and continue back up around into the bottom of the A, and wrap around like the current ram horn does.  The ATHLETIC GOLD part going across the white bottom of the A would stand out enough so that the A would still be recognizable.

As it stands, it looks too much like a C.  I get that there are rams that have horns like Cs, but I think we're more used to seeing them with the ones that wrap back in.