Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

LA Rams: Dark royal blue and yellow. Yellow primary home jerseys. Blue alt jerseys. Blue, yellow and white pants

Chargers: Promote powder blue to the primary color, drop navy to accent color status. Keep the white helmets with yellow bolts.

I like your thinkin', Mister (or Miss)!

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wouldn't expect any major changes to happen, but if there are, it's sure that no team will be going backwards. they'll take whats there already, and maybe some older design cues, and do something new. i guarantee no team will simply adopt a throwback uniform design.

Famous last words. B) Anyway, you're probably right. I think what we're saying is we'd like a version of the uniforms we've posted. Something along the lines of the Bills or Vikings - a new look that's strongly inspired by their classic looks.

BB52Big.jpg

Chargers(the Identity shouldnt leave San Diego

I would prefer they blow things up, perhaps go go purple and gold, or a red yellow green combo for the flag with a new name.

Possible naming idea for either their spanish or mexican history perhaps, not too familiar with the area to be honest

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Is there even the possibility of either team changing names? I can't see it, and I haven't heard anyone discuss it either.

My guess is that the Rams change their uniforms and colors, but keep a variation of the logo. The Chargers won't change a thing other than their wordmark.

Rams' original colors (for like one or two years in Cleveland) were red and black, right? Not that I'd want them to change back to that.

Honestly, I really like their current identity. But I would change the colors back to the "classic" blue and yellow. Their primary logo can easily be changed from "St. Louis" to "Los Angeles," and the ram head logo can merely be recolored.

I also really liked their all-yellow Color Rush uniform, which may or may not be a preview of any LA-based changes.

So it's entirely realistic that the Rams have been developing a new LA look for the past couple of seasons and could unveil it around the draft. I know they would have missed league deadlines but it's a special circumstance and they may have been keeping the league in the loop the whole time anyway.

Not sure when things have to get to the league partners and other licensees, but I think that it's entirely possible to have a new uniform on the field for the 2016 season.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

From another topic...

Honestly, I really like their current identity. But I would change the colors back to the "classic" blue and yellow. Their primary logo can easily be changed from "St. Louis" to "Los Angeles," and the ram head logo can merely be recolored.

I also really liked their all-yellow Color Rush uniform, which may or may not be a preview of any LA-based changes.

I have no idea which of the multiple "Rams back in LA" topics is the "official one," so I'll just repost this here regarding the uniforms:

However, I think bringing back that really old-school ram logo from the 70s or so and cleaning it up could be a neat way to tie the old and the new.

So where will they be playing next year. I know not St Louis but where in LA?

I'd guess the Coliseum, which is ironic given that was the sticking point for potential relocation back in 2002.

1. Zero chance that the Inglewood Rams are in navy and gold next year. Those are St. Louis colors and they'll never see the field in 2016.

2. The Chargers and Raiders will end up staying where they are. So no need to think about what the Chargers may or may not look like.

I agree, which is even more reason I want a return of the blue and yellow. To me, that's the color scheme I associate with the Rams, and they arguably had some of their best seasons wearing those colors. When I think "NFL in LA," I think blue and yellow.

As for #2, I still think the Chargers are coming to LA. Not right away, but within 2-3 years, if I had to guess. The Raiders actually looking like a decent team now saved them, and that's fine, because they were founded in Oakland and that's their home and where they belong. But the Chargers have always considered LA a secondary market, where founded there, and there are many Chargers fans here. While part of me would like them to stay in San Diego, I also would like to see them in LA, too.

I agree with Quillz. A logo with A slighlty lighter blue than they have now and yellow horns/accents, and white nose. Color rush uniforms (with a little added white as an accent) as home. a white and blue version of that for away. Alt: blue with yellow.

tinysig.jpg

Archived