Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

6 hours ago, SmackNCheese said:

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the Chargers dropping yellow and just using a two-blue solution. (especially with the Rams apparently adding yellow back into their scheme)

7RPy1Re.jpg

Hey, Grandmama, where’s Mugsy and Kelly Tripucka?  We’re the Charlotte Hornets of Los Angeles!

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, SmackNCheese said:

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the Chargers dropping yellow and just using a two-blue solution. (especially with the Rams apparently adding yellow back into their scheme)

7RPy1Re.jpg

I do like, however, that it correctly forecasts our immediate future in which all NFL players will be required to play with surgical gloves. 

Seriously, though: Looks great, just maybe for a fictional franchise that doesn't have 60 years of history. 

8 hours ago, SmackNCheese said:

7RPy1Re.jpg

What if you still include the yellow, but it got relegated to a tertiary color?

10 hours ago, Cujo said:

What could've/should've been... 😞

CYmRpxPUEAITd-_.png

Yeah - and it's a good thing that's not it.  LAG?  Also, it's way too horizontal.  Wouldn't scale well.  Just the LA is all that's needed.

I vaguely remember there was a football card set back in the 80s or early 90s where the Chargers "colors" were purple and yellow, and I always thought that those would be good colors for them.  It wasn't unusual for baseball/football card companies to take liberties with the colors they used for each team back in those days.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I don’t think that’s necessarily accurate, either.   Love Gridiron Database, but they’re hardly infallible. 

Yeah. I mean, just looking at those first three images, it’s more than plausible that we’re looking at a solid RGB, a sunny photo, and an overcast photo of the same color. Unless there are physical samples in similar conditions from the same manufacturer to show that those colors are different, I’ve got to assume that any difference in color is due to personal color correction techniques used to print the photos or different manufacturers trying to match the same color. I’d be shocked if the club purposefully intended to switch between three subtle variations of the same color in successive seasons.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

11 hours ago, SmackNCheese said:

7RPy1Re.jpg

Were you a fan of the Orlando Thunder, too?

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I don’t think that’s necessarily accurate, either.   Love Gridiron Database, but they’re hardly infallible. 

It kinda had me wondering whether "the Chargers in powder blue" was just a big Mandela Effect all along and they'd actually been wearing medium blue this whole time that only seemed like powder in relation to navy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 minute ago, guest23 said:

and thirdly credit cards.

There was a Perfect Strangers episode where Balki randomly chose NFL Pick'Em games and on a SD vs Buffalo game, he said "No matter how much you keep charging, sooner or later you have to pay the bill"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think it's pretty obvious what the Rams and Chargers should do to differentiate themselves from each other, they are going to be playing in the same city:

Rams: Gold and Navy/Royal, with Gold being the dominant color.

Chargers: Powder and Gold, with Powder being the dominant color.

2 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Someone on Twitter replied to Chris with this...

Hopefully this is good news that that wasn't the primary logo. 

It's possible that they just mean the actual logo won't have the neon treatment, which we already knew. I hope the leak isn't legit, but I'm tempering my expectations.

4 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

It's possible that they just mean the actual logo won't have the neon treatment, which we already knew. I hope the leak isn't legit, but I'm tempering my expectations.

That was my assumption. I’m sure there are a few other logos in the package, but what we saw was it ... just in the Vegas neon style.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived