Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

8 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The biggest issue with those uniforms are that they're boring. The most heavily emphasized colors in those uniforms are navy blue and white, the most boring color scheme imaginable for a sports team.

Given the whole electricity theme of the Chargers' identity, they need bright, vibrant uniforms. Not boring navy and white with traces of gold.

YES!  The colors need to be ELECTRIC!  Not that volt needs to be involved, but brighten the gold, and change that flat old fashioned logo. 

I agree, Chargers font is fine.  Either the current font or the traditional block font would work OK.

I suspect that these are the new wordmarks.  First time I saw them in end zones (or on tarps) was at Aztec, but they're in all the later SoFi Stadium renderings.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Agency is a dated font that was used all over the place for a while and shows its age.  The Chargers, Canucks, Pacers, Blue Jays, and Sabres (off the top of my head) all got on the bandwagon.

20 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Buffaslug Sabres were Bank Gothic, another "pointy" font that's aged like milk since 2012.

I believe MLB's style guide still uses it. It's like the defacto "modern" font after everybody got tired of Microgramma/Eurostile before nostalgia brought Microgramma/Eurostile back.

3 hours ago, LMU said:

Agency is a dated font that was used all over the place for a while and shows its age.  The Chargers, Canucks, Pacers, Blue Jays, and Sabres (off the top of my head) all got on the bandwagon.

Every Olympic hockey uniform since 2008 🚮🚮

4 hours ago, mafiaman said:

What in the bloody hell was THAT?

That would be Jim McMahon, wondering during pregame warmups whether the crowd can see how silly he and his teammates look. The answer is “only the ones with the expensive seats” - but little does anyone know that 30 years later, when McMahon can’t even remember that goofy getup, people who have never in their lives visited San Diego will be discussing his pant stripe on the internet. 

52 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

That would be Jim McMahon, wondering during pregame warmups whether the crowd can see how silly he and his teammates look. 

The 1980’s and early 1990’s were my high school and college years, so I am familiar with Jim McMahon.  I did not recall those bolt-less pants though.  Paired with white socks, even MORE hideous. 

On 3/22/2020 at 5:29 AM, Jeffery said:

My curiosity got the best of me (Early 00's but with powder instead of navy):

NqsMYtB.jpg

Not sure about the helmet, but otherwise a solid look.

These but with white helmets and the lightning bolt always against a white outline=perfection 

19 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Image result for 1989 chargers

I know we're all staring at the bolt-less pants here, justifiably. But can we give a moment of attention to that facemask that's a few rungs away from going to his knees. How did that thing not crush his larynx every time he looked down? I know that longer facemask style was popular among quartersbacks and a handful of running backs and defensive backs in the '80s and '90s —Steve Young, Boomer Esiason, Dan Marino, Steve DeBerg, Ronnie Lott, Ottis Anderson — but I don't recall it looking as huge as it does in this picture. 

• IceCap locked this topic