OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

I know it's minor, but I really dislike how the horn curves into a round, instead of a point. It looks much sharper with the point imo.

1 minute ago, MCM0313 said:

Yellow. Not just me being pedantic - the website actually identifies it as yellow. 

Actually, the website identities it as "Sol".  Which is a shade of yellow, just as athletic gold is.  ;) 

Love the colors. The “LA” is a little better in this composition, but not much better. And I really want to like the ram head - the idea is great - but the execution and craft looks off. My first thought was that it looked digitally sketched with a stylus and never refined afterwards. 

This is the worst thing to happen in sports this year

/s

Just now, Gothamite said:

Actually, the website identities it as "Sol".  Which is a shade of yellow, just as athletic gold is.  ;) 

Yep, but in their description of “sol” they call it yellow. Fun to see them not shying away from the y-word. 

So mark on a non-blue background has a blue outline? Hmm. 

Gotta say, I do like the logos, the LA and gradient is much better than the hat. With them going with royal and yellow, I’m really hoping for a uniform set like this, WITH STRIPED SOCKS!!!

spacer.png

The horn is terrible. The ram looks like something out of an insurance company. It’s another terrible LA logo. They’ll probably mess up the helmet too. What a swing and a miss. 

Love how almost the whole video was about the uniforms and helmet, then they just show the logo. 

I'm sure I'll get used to it. I'm disappointed they didn't stick with the St. Louis-style charging ram, but this new one is fine, I guess. It can definitely be refined to be much better, namely removing the stupid gradients and pointing the horn. It has some good ideas, however, and the colors are spectacular.

6 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Yellow. Not just me being pedantic - the website actually identifies it as yellow. 

hush you. 

Fine. *Athletic Gold haha

Just now, VDizzle12 said:

Love how almost the whole video was about the uniforms and helmet, then they just show the logo. 

Yep. They’re making us wait to see what the on-field look will be. 

Just now, _DietDrPepper_ said:

That looks better, can't say why

Because their new logo looks like a wave more than a ram horn. 

2 minutes ago, colortv said:

vymccmcze7t1zqxpwhnd.jpg

Oohhhh...if that's the correct usage with the Blue outline, I dig that.

All new logos/rebrands are a shock at first, but I think this will ultimately be successful and grow on a lot of people.  I don't hate it.  The uniforms will go a long way on whether this is a good branding era or a bad one...the marks themselves are not awful.