Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GriffinM6 said:

I don't hate it, but I'm still not a huge fan. The ram head looks cool though. It has a stain glass window kind of vibe to it. 

Still though, this logo will always remind me of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Image result for sonic the hedgehog logo

Glad I'm not the only one.

11 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

So does the mascot Rampage have to change it's look too?  

Probably not, I don't know why they would need to redraw him again. 

10 minutes ago, bowld said:

Looks MUCH better without gradient

spacer.png

I still think the original logo looks better. It feels like these were made to make things easier to cover up when they swap out logos at the stadium instead of creating a better logo set.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, colortv said:

Maybe I’m falling for the okie doke, but this all feels LA now. The colors, and the design being driven by nostalgia and what came before. It’s so LA.

15 minutes ago, bowld said:

spacer.png

The perspective of the horn on the ram is sending me. Is the reason that we see the lower part of the horn as white closest to the head, and we see the horn make a loop but we never see the white again that the tip of the horn is pointing toward its own head? I’m definitely explaining it wrong but it’s very rough compared to the old ram head 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

6 minutes ago, QCS said:

I think this could've been solved by making three distinct parts to the horn: white that connects to the "A", gold for the middle, and "Sol" for the end. It already splits naturally so I'm not sure why they tried to forced these gradients.

That would certainly look better. The gradient feels like something the designer and organization compromised on.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I think I'm reading for most folks that the Rams head is much better than the LA wave/horn. I wonder how long until they switch them and the Rams head becomes the primary logo?

My more detailed thoughts: Something about the LA wave (particularly in that beach image), makes me think that someone is about to give a weather forecast for Southern California for the next five days. And I agree that it still looks to me like a football logo from a video game that couldn't afford the real NFL license.

I really like the Rams head when it is outlined in blue; there's something almost stained glass like about it, while still looking a bit modern, too.

The line quality of the Ram head is absolutely atrocious.

At much as it pains to say this, even Brandiose pays more attention to line quality than this logo does.

Stop designing logos with your finger on the default drawing app on your phone!

the new head with the outline should absolutely be the primary.  the LA Wave horn can easily be diverted to secondary status.  The head immediately says "Rams" and they're the only one in the league so it's not like there's any confusion where they play anymore.  and the LA Wave Horn can be used on more national merch for that LA Flair

Archived