OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

The Rams head is the only halfway decent part and even that I think is bad.

4 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

I think it's funny how so many people were saying the shape of the new stadium canopy was secretly the shape of the Ram logo ... not anymore (not that it ever really was) 

Yeah, but in fairness that was a pretty silly observation in the first place.  😉

1 minute ago, bowld said:

spacer.png

I like how their motto is they're in the Rams house, as if they don't also share the stadium with the Chargers.

Just tell me the rams get a Royal helmet with the horn. 

Im even ok with the gradient. 

It's certainly not great, but it's not bad. The gold gradient looks really nice on the royal background and the shading on the letters gives it depth. I would like it a lot more if it were an alternate, but overall it's fine.

14 minutes ago, colortv said:

Columbo called. He wants his font back.

The horrid thought I just had: What if the Rams and the designers (Nike/NFL/whomever) decided to put the primary on the helmet? (No, don't mock up that atrocity).

It's been almost an HOUR and nobody has posted a "Fixing the Rams logo" thread in Concepts?? 

I'm disappointed! 

2 minutes ago, yh said:

Columbo called. He wants his font back.

I like the font, but think it's better without the italics. 

The ram head is fine.  The LA swirl is alright. 

The crux of all of this will be the uniforms.  I don't think people will care as much about the rest if the helmet and unis are traditional.

4 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

I like how their motto is they're in the Rams house, as if they don't also share the stadium with the Chargers.

They don't share the stadium with the Chargers.  They rent their stadium to the Chargers.  Big difference.

Takeaways - love the color scheme.  Curious to see which horn they use for the helmet (gradient vs solid).  Don't like the outline issues on the LA logo, but I do actually prefer that logo to the ram head logo, because it just doesn't look like a ram to me.  It looks like the Nittany Lion statue with horns to me. 

A couple more thoughts:

1.) The LA logo looks like a high-end LA-based fitness club logo. That makes me wonder if that is the demographic the team is marketing itself towards given how expensive watching a Rams game at SoFi Stadium will be. This is evident in artist renderings several seating areas of SoFi Stadium which show fans dressed more for a nightclub and less for an NFL game.

2.) If Metlife Stadium is any indication, I doubt we'll see the new LA logo on the 50 yard line for Rams games at SoFi Stadium. Like Metlife Stadium, I'd bet we'll see the NFL shield since two teams will be playing there. If memory serves correct, the Jets and Giants initially were going to use their own team logos at midfield but there were inconsistencies surrounding the Field Turf in that spot which brought up player safety issues so the teams opted to use an NFL shield instead. Perhaps there have been improvements to Field Turf technology in the last 10 years since Metlife Stadium opened, but I'd still say we'll see an NFL shield at midfield at SoFi Stadium.

I quite like it with the gradient.

Actually...I think it's a brilliant job of incorporating the helmet logo with the LA wordmark to create a primary logo.

The ram head is a nice idea but too sparse for me.

The L and A in the logo not being parallel really bothers me.