Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't hate it. There are parts I hate, but overall it's not that horrible. I only hope that they use the horns from the Ram head logo on the helmet and not the white to sol gradient. Minimize the white on the actual home uniform please.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

They nailed the color scheme, I'll give them that. The LA logo is not ideal, I really dislike how they've rendered the horn, but it could have been considerably worse. The ram head logo, well, they tried, but it doesn't look very good. The font is not great, it looks like they took Helvetica Black Extended and lopped some corners off. They should have stuck with Futura Display. It's all well short of disastrous, at least. What it'll come down to is whether they try to do this horn style on the helmets or just leave them alone.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

16 minutes ago, ryanheape said:

spacer.png

Wow does this looks like ass.

I'd expect the NFL shield to be at midfield, especially if it's turf. thos end zones will still look horrible regardless.

11 minutes ago, Pharos04 said:

the new head with the outline should absolutely be the primary.  the LA Wave horn can easily be diverted to secondary status.  The head immediately says "Rams" and they're the only one in the league so it's not like there's any confusion where they play anymore.  and the LA Wave Horn can be used on more national merch for that LA Flair

Agreed. Monograms should not be the primary if they won't be on the uniforms. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Time to place your bets on the uniforms having gradient numbers, like ASU’s old black Nike alts and the 2018-19 Pro Bowl sets...

spacer.png
spacer.png
I’m not sure I actually see them doing that (FFS I hope they don’t) but it’s definitely a possibility given the gradients in the logos. Realistically I could see the numbers having a gradient with the different shades of yellow, but I don’t think they’d have full gradient to white.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just now, Rambulance said:

I don't hate it. There are parts I hate, but overall it's not that horrible. I only hope that they use the horns from the Ram head logo on the helmet and not the white to sol gradient. Minimize the white on the actual home uniform please.

Absolutely.  Like the Raiders, there's no reason for this home uniform to be cluttered with white.

Love the color scheme but got major issues with the logos.  I don't care for the gradient usage on either logo.  The LA wordmark still looks as if the Chargers and Rams combined their franchises.  Plus, seeing the ram horn go over the top makes it look like the St. Louis Arch instead an actual ram horn.  As for the ram head logo, it's the best of the two but that isn't really saying much since both aren't all that great.  The new ram logo is too simplistic, especially coming off of the previous one.  The previous charging ram logo was much better and could easily have been updated so it went with their new wordmark logo.  Really hoping that the uniform set helps salvage this rebrand.

"By focusing on the most iconic part of the team’s brand identity throughout franchise history – the Horn – the Rams discovered nature’s beauty unfold with the golden ratio (aka Fibonacci Sequence) in its curvature. This same ratio underpins the perfect spiral, the perfect wave and the perfect swirling path of a turd around a toilet bowl that became the driving concept behind the new logos."

😉

Seriously, though... aside from the colors, this strikes me as "meh".

Archived