Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

10 minutes ago, colortv said:

Rams.png

Have to admit this version with the blue outline is growing on me.

It's the way the blue keyline around the interior of the A lines up perfectly with the arc through the horn.  Seamlessly transitions from exterior outline to logo element.  That's really clever, and really well executed.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep thinking that render says, "WHORE HOUSE"

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I hate how the L is not outlined

5 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

It's the way the blue keyline around the interior of the A lines up perfectly with the arc through the horn.  Seamlessly transitions from exterior outline to logo element.  That's really clever, and really well executed.

10 minutes ago, Beer Barrel Man said:

The LA logo is a fine secondary, but it makes for a bad primary.

As I've said before, it's probably only going to be a "half-primary," i.e., it won't appear on the helmets as almost all primaries do. Now, if it does replace the ram horns on the helmet, then yes, it's terrible.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I do like the colors, but the primary is disappointing and overdone. I think I might actually like it if it wasn’t for all of the shading and gradients. Its overdone and less would be more IMO.

The Ram head has the opposite problem. It feels half baked, unfinished. I want to like it but it just needs something more.

I just hope we get a simple and classic blue and yellow uniform without any weirdness.

10 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Honestly, I kinda like it. I know I shouldn't, but I do.

You can like whatever you want everything is subjective.

I personally really like the ram logo and the colors. Just curious to see the helmet. The new horn doesn't "curve" enough at the end imo

27 minutes ago, alecgoff said:

Fixed.

wefefefweff.png

With Ram head it looks much better, by the way they put LA logo with gradient, but I don't think they will be able to replicate that on real endzone.

Ram Head logo is nice for me, it should be primary.

Now let's hope they didn't screw up with uniforms.

4r2eer.png

8 minutes ago, colortv said:

The Painting

CCSLC Drinking Game: Have a shot of Everclear every time that picture gets posted. 

Still though, I find myself liking it more than I should. The logos have solid concepts behind them, but the execution could use a little work. The font really should be Futura Display instead of the Microgramma/Eurostile modified. Of course, the colors really save this identity. I'll have to wait for uniforms to get my full thoughts, but I'm liking the logo side.

Just now, dont care said:

So @Teal was wrong about the new blue being a darker blue

So, he's at a 59% accuracy point.

oS10d8p.jpg

1 minute ago, ScubaSteve said:

You can like whatever you want everything is subjective.

I personally really like the ram logo and the colors. Just curious to see the helmet. The new horn doesn't "curve" enough at the end imo

Oh I know this. But as a designer there are times when I see stuff that by all counts I should hate but don't, and stuff I should like but hate. This is one of those "by all counts I shouldn't like it as much as I do" things. 

2 minutes ago, dont care said:

So @Teal was wrong about the new blue being a darker blue

Yep. For someone so bragadocious, he should get his facts striaght(and attitude)

But enough about Teal. I'm reserving my hatred towards the new Rams logo

Archived