Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Jt0323 said:

https://imgur.com/a/2dywsHd

wow this logo looks terrible on hats. They should have had a flatten logo without gradient and shadows for merch like this 

It's a terrible logo no matter what the application is. This logo may have looked at home on a credit card or on the side of a recycling dumpster but for sports merch or media it's atrocious.

6 minutes ago, the admiral said:

What constitutes full? There have been lots of new logos and uniforms since then.

Full as in it's not just recreating something that already existed previously. Every team has just done some upgraded version of a logo that already existed. The Bucs and Broncos actually put out totally new designs altogether.

bSLCtu2.png

a small thing, but this has been bugging me quite a bit. I'm okay with the "L" and "A" not having parallel lines, I understand how "LA" looks when italicized. however, shouldn't the italicized A's have consistent parallel lines in a wordmark? maybe it's just me.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Full as in it's not just recreating something that already existed previously. Every team has just done some upgraded version of a logo that already existed. The Bucs and Broncos actually put out totally new designs altogether.

Jets last year have a new logo? Unless that's not different enough, same with the dolphins

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

18 minutes ago, cbrock126 said:

a small thing, but this has been bugging me quite a bit. I'm okay with the "L" and "A" not having parallel lines, I understand how "LA" looks when italicized. however, shouldn't the italicized A's have consistent parallel lines in a wordmark? maybe it's just me.

spacer.png

There you go, a valid typographical criticism.  I feel like the A in the RAMS is the actual custom font, and the one in the logo had to be made that way to connect with the horn better.  This is only going to bother you if you're actively trying to look for it; I think it's fine.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

As bad as this is, and it is pretty bad, I will still be thanking God if we can get rid of the navy helmet/royal jersey combo. One of my all-time pet peeves in sports, up there with the green Cowboys pants.

Having said that, Kroenke will probably find a way to keep it.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

16 minutes ago, cbrock126 said:

spacer.png

But do those lines make sense if you trace edges from the L, R, M and S?  Does it end up looking like “sun rays” or something?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I know that it was said earlier that this new logo looks like the old Internet explorer logo, but I think it looks more like a combination of the Internet explorer logo and the Mozilla Firefox logo, especially with the introduction of the light orange color into the rams horn. I guess the design team tried to bring back old and forgotten web browsers.

h9XTBLn9O1aeqWTg91b-qQHjacryMKpYKqVYOa9E 

internet-explorer-logo-png-transparent-4firefox_logo_2017-100742591-large.jpg

Archived