Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

The more I look at the logo, the more I see the Chargers comparison is weak. Yes, the Draft hat itself looked like a Chargers hat because we couldn't identify what team the logo belonged to and the logo had a neon treatment. Outside of that, this is nothing like a Chargers logo. Alot of people acting like the Chargers suddenly own the design of a spiral or something which is hilarious, their logo is a damn lightning bolt, does anybody know what a lightning bolt is?

Also the Angelo State comparison is stupid too. They're using the old Rams horn so if anyone should be pointing fingers it should be at ASU and not the Rams. Yeah, I'll admit the curve part is a bit weird but I don't see anybody trademarking curves in design.

You know where Angelo State's logo comes from? The Rams! It's not even their idea!

Magazine_Hock_Rams.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Wanted to show off a quick version of what

@upperV03 brought up with the gradient numbers + the segmented numbers @Buc  with Iowa State

sYeAacD.png

The white/yellow gradient reminds me of ‘yellow snow’ for some reason.  

dog_peeing_in_snow-1000x667.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

9 hours ago, Jt0323 said:

https://imgur.com/a/2dywsHd

wow this logo looks terrible on hats. They should have had a flatten logo without gradient and shadows for merch like this 

That's a cheap Photoshop job.

Maybe it will look terrible on hats, but we can't tell that from this picture.

4 hours ago, Quillz said:

Nothing is confirmed until we see it. But given they are also moving into SoFi, seems an identity change is likely (and coincides with the post-Rivers era).

Of course, the Chargers knew years ago that they were moving into the new stadium, but not that Rivers would be released this off-season.

It's all bad. I don't see a single redeeming idea. I don't know what's going on in the NFL, but they keep producing sub-professional work and it's irritating. They used to be the leader in sports branding and now they continue to take error-filled, poorly executed, poorly conceived concepts to the finish line. Things that shouldn't get past the initial round of reviews ends up as the final product. It's baffling. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

The mothership added the logo to the NFL page.  And it really does stand out, not in a good way.  Also, if i didn't know they were named the Rams, that wouldn't be my first guess that that's what the logo is going for. https://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_by_league/7/National_Football_League/NFL/logos/

Overall, I think the logo looks better than it did on the leaked hat and the mock ups that came out afterwards.  It's not terrible.  The new ram logo looks super primitive, way too basic.  It feels like it was forced in just as a way to use the new horn.  The ram logo is a monumental downgrade from the last one imo. The colors do look good, glad they went with blue and yellow over navy and white. Even with the most generous grading, the highest you can give this is probably a C. 

90758391980.gif

They're definitely kind of weird with the gradient treatment that reminds you more of a tech logo than a sports logo, but they're not as bad as social media would lead you to believe. Comparisons to things like the Chargers and Angelo State of all things are nothing more than lazy cheap shots that aren't all that accurate, especially considering that ASU was just appropriating the Rams helmet logo in the first place. 

Looking at the positives, they nailed the color scheme and the updated ram head has a nice classic feel to it that feels much more like the LA Rams. It could potentially use more refinement in the face to better match the primary, but it still looks nice enough. Outside of that, I've been looking at the primary for what feels like two whole days now and I still can't decide if I like it or not. I think that I really enjoy the way that the horn is incorporated into the "A", but the "L" feels much less intentional with how it's just sitting on top of it. Then again, I'm not sure of how else you could make it work, so it just keeps making me feel conflicted feelings. 

spacer.png

I do like how they're going to match the jersey and helmet colors so it won't be inconsistent like the past. I didn't mind if they went blue/gold or navy/gold, as long as they picked one and stuck with it. So going blue/gold for both will work nicely especially how well they work together with the brighter shades they went with. The issue? There's no way the ram decal on the helmet isn't getting screwed up with what's being presented

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

31 minutes ago, henburg said:

They're definitely kind of weird with the gradient treatment that reminds you more of a tech logo than a sports logo, but they're not as bad as social media would lead you to believe. Comparisons to things like the Chargers and Angelo State of all things are nothing more than lazy cheap shots that aren't all that accurate, especially considering that ASU was just appropriating the Rams helmet logo in the first place. 

Looking at the positives, they nailed the color scheme and the updated ram head has a nice classic feel to it that feels much more like the LA Rams. It could potentially use more refinement in the face to better match the primary, but it still looks nice enough. Outside of that, I've been looking at the primary for what feels like two whole days now and I still can't decide if I like it or not. I think that I really enjoy the way that the horn is incorporated into the "A", but the "L" feels much less intentional with how it's just sitting on top of it. Then again, I'm not sure of how else you could make it work, so it just keeps making me feel conflicted feelings. 

I have the same exact feelings. I love the color scheme and so glad they didn't go with navy instead of royal. I also really like the ram head. But the LA logo is not good. The application of the horn into the "A" is a nice thought but they botched it in every single way. Ultimately, I think if you have conflicted feelings, you don't truly like it, no matter how much you want to like it. This logo could have been so much better.

19 hours ago, Gothamite said:

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fb6%2F9a%2Feec3989142cf85b75bcf2c38c9c1%2F2020-ram-head-mark.jpg

Let's be honest:  If someone on this board posted this in Concepts, this would be a good starting point. It's a hot mess, looking like a kid drew it, it was rendered by a first-day art student and then someone decided to save it by throwing shadows and gradients.  Any poster on here would be told to keep working on it because it wasn't ready.  Not by a long shot.

The shading and gradients need to go.  If they're desperate to keep them, the logo desperately needs tweeking so the style matches those modern elements.

I thought the Dolphins logo re-brand was a disaster, but it looks golden next to this.  i like the colors..that's my only positive out of this one.

Archived