Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

High Voltage?

I love this so far, but i would be so heated right now if i was an SD fan that begged for Powder Blue for years. 

Unfortunately it took moving the franchise, alienating the old fan base, and failing to draw a new fan base to give in to the fans' preference. That is some grade A arrogance and ignorance.

From the press release:

The font and numbers, like a souped-up Shelby, symbolize speed, power and constant forward motion while their placement within the brand is a nod to modifying a classic.

https://www.chargers.com/news/los-angeles-chargers-introduce-updated-bolt-mark-and-new-logotype

I'd assume 2 things:

1. Italicized Numbers
2. Helmet Numbers

The bolt looks great, but I don't love the wordmark. What am I missing here? It looks Dribbbley. Do I just miss the line running through the letters that much?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well both LA teams got the colors right which is something that surprised me. Lets hope both both uniform sets are good, I'm not expecting it for either team but we just have to wait and see. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Just gonna agree with the general consensus: Chargers got the update right, and I've never been a big fan of the Chargers' look so good for them.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

The Chargers seem to be going with a more vibrant, happy-go-lucky type of branding

Whether it's Sunday on the Venice Boardwalk or the Olvera Street Marketplace, there's an unmistakable vibe that's unique to Los Angeles. While it's not easy to reflect a vibe in logos and uniforms, the team set out to do just that with a bold, vibrant, electric and fun brand update.

https://www.chargers.com/news/los-angeles-chargers-introduce-updated-bolt-mark-and-new-logotype

I quite like both the Rams and Chargers update. The fact that both teams are using variations of blue and gold (yellow) is a nice way to say that both teams belong to LA. I absoutely love the Rams new colors. So pleasing to the eyes. Looking forward to both teams uniforms,

Archived