Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

I'm going to go against the grain here, but I actually love the font the Chargers use. It works really well for them. That concept @alecgoff posted is perfect to me.

From all the images in their teasers, I'm wondering if yellow pants are going to be in the mix here. I'm not a fan of the white/powder/yellow combination, but I think it could make a comeback.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, bowld said:

What is this... 

spacer.png

From the press release:

“As for the new logotype, just because you're a 60-year old franchise doesn't mean you have to act like it. With words becoming increasingly interchangeable with emojis and acronyms, the team decided to build a bolt emoji into its new logotype. Also a new touch, the bold, italicized font along with its stylized, angled ticks mimics the edges and details of the updated mark.”

Wow, the Chargers looked at the Rams and just blew them the :censored: out. That's a gorgeous update, and I really dig the new wordmark. It's a big improvement on their existing one, in my opinion.

Now if only they'd oust Spanos and move back to San Diego... 😛

As an aside, it's pretty amazing that we now have resolution on what the LA teams' brandings will be, 50+ months after this thread started. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Widely considered to own – in totality – the best collection of uniforms in sports, 

Yeah, sure.

That said, good lord did the Chargers nail it. Navy is gone, the bolt looks so much better, the new font is incredible (aside from that stupid bolt on the A), and I actually think incorporating an emoji is pretty clever, as long as that thing stays on social media only. Overall, I'd give this basically a 10/10, such a perfect upgrade.

Both the Chargers and Rams did a great job, in my opinion. The Chargers were for sure better as a consensus, but the Rams did something new and I think it worked really well. Both teams in blue and yellow make those colors and LA football synonymous, even while they're clearly distinct. I really like both of these, and I can't wait to see the uniforms and how these look on the field.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Archived