Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

Hi everyone! LA resident here never really had my own team to follow but gonna follow the Rams now! I want to get a Todd Gurley jersey but I'm not sure which to get of the available ones or even if they might get new uniforms all together, so I was maybe hoping for some advice. I emailed the Rams and haven't been responded to yet either.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, MasterOfTheKnightsOfRen said:

Hi everyone! LA resident here never really had my own team to follow but gonna follow the Rams now! I want to get a Todd Gurley jersey but I'm not sure which to get of the available ones or even if they might get new uniforms all together, so I was maybe hoping for some advice. I emailed the Rams and haven't been responded to yet either.

There advice is probably to buy all of them!! Then buy the the new ones when they debut in 2019.

4 hours ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

That's what I said. Throwback Home, current white and Color Rush alternate.

temp_Getty_Images_501807720_nfl_mezz_128

EDIT: I find it weird that we're all coming to a consensus of the Rams being the Gold/Yellow version of Dallas. 

Two much yellow! I really hope that the rams never where a yellow jersey again just Blue at home and white on the road.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

On January 22, 2016 at 5:28 PM, Bobster said:

IMO the best uniforms the Rams have worn -

roman_gabriel_1968_10_27.jpg

In my opinion I couldn't agree more.

As a pre-teen in the first season of the merger in 1970 the Los Angeles Rams were the very first NFL opponent to come to play the AFL Bills in Buffalo in an inter-conference game at our old Rockpile stadium on the east side of Buffalo.  I got my Dad to take me to that game and I must say that those blue and white uniforms looked absolutely awesome in person. The horn decals on the helmets were so perfect back then, unlike the present. I love how angular they were in the front of the helmet.

LA Rams won 19-0 ☹️

I hope for 2016 they petition the NFL and they allow the Rams go back to the 1994 uniform, but without those toilet-seat collars  that are on their current throwbacks, and since their helmet shell is the same color I'd like to see them use these as throwbacks (tribute to their fearsome-foursome), and retain the yellow jersey for their Thursday night game, but with white pants this time,  but if they insist on the monochrome yellow-look at least make the socks blue this time. 

For the people who have been saying that the Roman Gabriel era set looks too much like the Colts, that could not be more incorrect  and I totally disagree. The Los Angeles Rams from 1965–1972 when wearing blue and white, and when they played the Baltimore Colts on TV they never looked even close to identical just because they were both wearing a similar color combination. For some odd reason they were both in the NFL West division at the time  preceding the merger. I also liked their 1994 wordmark alot better than their current one which looks too St Louis-like to me. They really do need to discard anything relating to St. Louis in my opinion.  They never should've moved in the first place, but that awful Georgia Frontiere and her sidekick John Shaw totally took that team apart which along with the 45 mile change of venue to the south in orange county down in Anaheim  led to them alienating their fan-base.

On January 25, 2016 at 9:51 AM, TheOldRoman said:

I agree with the second part, but think a team absolutely can own a two color scheme. Ignoring their experimenting with gray in the '80s, the Colts have worn blue and white forever. And they're one of the NFL's historic franchises. Throw in the fact that they've been on primetime TV more than any team outside of the Patriots the last 20 years, and I think it's hard to make any non-Nikegasm blue and white jersey that doesn't make people say "why are they copying the Colts?"

The Colts are not in the category of being one of the NFL's historic franchises, I don't know why you think that. They were an NFL expansion team formed in 1953, only 7 years before the AFL was formed.

The original Baltimore Colts were 1 of the 3 teams from the old post-WWII AAFC that were merged into the NFL in 1950 and they folded at the conclusion of their 1st season. 49ers and Browns were the other 2 AAFC teams that merged into the NFL.

Cardinals, Packers, Bears, Eagles, Giants, Steelers, Lions, Rams, and Redskins are classified as the NFL's historic franchises.

11 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

The Colts are not in the category of being one of the NFL's historic franchises, I don't know why you think that. They were an NFL expansion team formed in 1953, only 7 years before the AFL was formed.

The original Baltimore Colts were 1 of the 3 teams from the old post-WWII AAFC that were merged into the NFL in 1950 and they folded at the conclusion of their 1st season. 49ers and Browns were the other 2 AAFC teams that merged into the NFL.

Cardinals, Packers, Bears, Eagles, Giants, Steelers, Lions, Rams, and Redskins are classified as the NFL's historic franchises.

Historically, maybe. But the NFL has spent the last twenty-plus years telling us that nothing mattered before the first Super Bowl. The Colts had a storied tradition in Baltimore and participated in the most important SB of all time (even in a loss). Of course, the NFL might not have spun things as hard for the Colts 25 years ago, but since Manning brought a generation of them being the 1st/2nd most important team, they're entrenched now.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

1 hour ago, TheOldRoman said:

Historically, maybe. But the NFL has spent the last twenty-plus years telling us that nothing mattered before the first Super Bowl. The Colts had a storied tradition in Baltimore and participated in the most important SB of all time (even in a loss). Of course, the NFL might not have spun things as hard for the Colts 25 years ago, but since Manning brought a generation of them being the 1/2 most important team, they're entrenched now.

Not to mention that the Colts won the "Greatest Game Ever Played"--a game that many, including the NFL, point to as the turning point in NFL popularity and a key precursor to the emergence of the Super Bowl era.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

14 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

For the people who have been saying that the Roman Gabriel era set looks too much like the Colts, that could not be more incorrect  and I totally disagree. The Los Angeles Rams from 1965–1972 when wearing blue and white, and when they played the Baltimore Colts on TV they never looked even close to identical just because they were both wearing a similar color combination. For some odd reason they were both in the NFL West division at the time  preceding the merger. I also liked their 1994 wordmark alot better than their current one which looks too St Louis-like to me. They really do need to discard anything relating to St. Louis in my opinion.  They never should've moved in the first place, but that awful Georgia Frontiere and her sidekick John Shaw totally took that team apart which along with the 45 mile change of venue to the south in orange county down in Anaheim  led to them alienating their fan-base.

deacon_jones_1968_10_27.jpgearl_morrall_1968_10_27.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRN5D9BUkMtbv03_XsuJ0y81801752-football-baltimore-colts-qb-joh

3 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Not to mention that the Colts won the "Greatest Game Ever Played"--a game that many, including the NFL, point to as the turning point in NFL popularity and a key precursor to the emergence of the Super Bowl era.

And to think that after all this time I was led to believe that the greatest game ever played was the 1913 US Open golf tournament that was won by the American amateur Francis Ouimet in a playoff against 2 English professional golfers.  :)

Kidding aside, many elders who saw that game on TV have said that it wasn't so much that it was a greatest football game they had ever seen but that it was televised in the first few years of NFL championship games on Live TV and it ended up going into overtime which had never happened before.  The suspense of the OT had to of been enormous back then.

oldschoolvikings:

More old LA Rams pictures for your viewing pleasure...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great color photos you posted.  I don't know where you found those but they're brilliant, so thanks for taking the time to post those.  That one photo of number 80, the shape of his helmet makes him look like the Great Gazoo from the Flintstones. :)

If you have more access to those old blue & white LA Rams uni's in color from 1965-1972, especially when the Rams wore the rarely seen blue jerseys I'd love to see more of those posted, especially if they're playing the Redskins who had the arrow on the helmet during that same era. 

oldschoolvikings:

No luck on Rams in blue and Washington in white, but here's the opposite...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sure like those uniforms the Redskins wore in that era,  and then when they brought 'em back as throwbacks for their 70th anniversary season....

I always thought that the Rams looked great in the blue & white color-scheme from the NFL/AFL merger era, but the all-white identifies them more from that time and I'm not usually a big fan of white on white, but those were just way cool.

Thanks for posting those ... 

Archived