Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

50 minutes ago, IceCap said:

To the folks who don't like the Chargers in powder blue...

I get it, opinions are subjective. And you aren't wrong for yours. That being said? The love of the powder blue throwbacks never went away. It remained so strong that the Chargers merely switching to their inferior powder blue alternates as primaries was a huge deal last season.

All in all? The love for the powder blues has been going strong since AT LEAST the past twenty-five years. This was inevitable, and deep down? You all knew it was coming. Yes, the Chargers in navy could look nice. Yes, the Chargers in royal blue could look nice. Navy or royal blue never captured football fandom's attention like the powder blue did though. This was always going to happen. It was merely a question of "when" and not "if."

All in all? You are in the VAST miority of fans- be it Chargers fans, sports uniforms fans, or football fans. And there's nothing wrong with that. There's no crime against contrarian opinions, or diverging from the popular choice. That being said...the powder blue and athletic gold look is what the vast majority of fans have wanted for decades. I'm not saying you need to force yourselves to love it, but just make peace with the fact that the team inevitably gave way to popular demand.

I mean.... I do think Powder Blue can work and look nice, I just have to see how it's being used, cause the OG Powder Blue set has flaws that can be easily fixed IMO and a lot of those fixes were done on the two navy sets before the double fiasco. In fact, last years Home jersey was very close as to what I'd base a full-time Powder set around, with the Agency being replaced with a better font & the Navy outlines being dropped, along with the pant stripe being fixed. They could go with Yellow numbers ala the Color Rush and 85-87 set, but white also looks fine. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The LA rams logo is ok, I don't like how the A is "tucked" into the horn, maybe if they give it a little room to the left. I don't mind the Minimal logo ram. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

On 3/23/2020 at 2:20 PM, insert name said:

spacer.png

On 3/23/2020 at 2:10 PM, mmajeski06 said:

I'm sure it has been pointed out somewhere, but really reminds me of the new microsoft edge logo:

1280px-Microsoft_Edge_logo_(2019).svg.pn

On 3/23/2020 at 3:39 PM, mattr1198 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ladies and gentlemen. We got em.

On 3/23/2020 at 11:04 PM, alecgoff said:

I know that it was said earlier that this new logo looks like the old Internet explorer logo, but I think it looks more like a combination of the Internet explorer logo and the Mozilla Firefox logo, especially with the introduction of the light orange color into the rams horn. I guess the design team tried to bring back old and forgotten web browsers.

h9XTBLn9O1aeqWTg91b-qQHjacryMKpYKqVYOa9E 

internet-explorer-logo-png-transparent-4firefox_logo_2017-100742591-large.jpg

More original thinkers. 

The Chargers need their own thread, mods.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

13 hours ago, SmackNCheese said:

^this

I was just scrolling through Instagram and it struck me how the new logo did not whatsoever evoke "Rams" or even "a ram" at small scale

E4LsSxU.png

11 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

I don't even get the impression that it's a sports franchise.

...and?

That criticism could be leveled at a whole lot of baseball logos too.  Unless you want to go the NBA route and insist they include a ball in every logo.

What surprises me, in a good way, is how clearly the "LA" reads at that small size.  Makes me appreciate the logo more.

7 hours ago, IceCap said:

All in all? You are in the VAST minority of fans- be it Chargers fans, sports uniforms fans, or football fans. And there's nothing wrong with that. There's no crime against contrarian opinions, or diverging from the popular choice. That being said...the powder blue and athletic gold look is what the vast majority of fans have wanted for decades. I'm not saying you need to force yourselves to love it, but just make peace with the fact that the team inevitably gave way to popular demand.

What's got to be especially galling to San Diegans is that the Spanos family finally started listening after they left town.

Perhaps they've been humbled by moving to a market that doesn't care about them; they took having a strong fanbase for granted and now realize they need to occasionally cater to those fans.

7 hours ago, Meshmaster101 said:

all these new minimalist designs are about as soul crushing as modern architecture

Difference of opinion there. 

Bauhaus can be quite up lifting. 

It has a spirit of transparency and openness. It doesn’t overwhelm the people who fill the space. Everything is clear, naturally illuminated, and human in scale.

Minimalist designs at their best do the same thing, give space for the players to be individuals and emphasize their own speed and power without distraction. 

34 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I mean, the same can be said about every sports logo that doesn’t include equipment.

I don’t necessarily agree with this. There’s a very identifiable look for different pro sports. For football, logos with easily identifiable, bold key lines like the Cardinals, Seahawks or old rams logo. That’s why the fake, released by the owner ram a while back got flack. Because it DID look like a bank logo instead of a football logo 

8 hours ago, IceCap said:

This was inevitable, and deep down? You all knew it was coming.

This was only "inevitable" due to sheer spite. The Spanos family spent decades ignoring the demand for powder blue in San Diego while forcing their favorite color instead (navy). Bringing back powder blue full-time now is just a petty excuse to lord it over their former fanbase. If the team was still in San Diego, powder blue would still be relegated to alternates and throwbacks only.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

11 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

I don’t necessarily agree with this. There’s a very identifiable look for different pro sports. For football, logos with easily identifiable, bold key lines like the Cardinals, Seahawks or old rams logo. That’s why the fake, released by the owner ram a while back got flack. Because it DID look like a bank logo instead of a football logo 

But what makes any of those a "football" logo, aside from the fact that you're familiar with them and have long associated those logos with professional sports teams? 

1 minute ago, dont care said:

Clearly? It reads as “LCA” at that size.

I think it's one of those things that is framed by either what you want to see or what your eye is trained to look at (or something). I don't see the crescent moon (I get the part of the logo that is a crescent moon, but my eye doesn't seen ONLY the moon, I see the whole horn), nor do I see that as LCA, or CLA, or anything other than LA with a horn.

You aren't wrong, but we don't all see it that way.

It's where I sit.

Archived