Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

53 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

Very minor, but from what I can tell from their known blue of 2019, it looks like they went just the smallest shade lighter on blue.

spacer.png

According to TruColor the shades of powder blue and yellow are the exact same. 

New colors:

spacer.png

Old colors:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

How did someone make a patch of that already?

They went to the mall, duh:

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

However, those concepts always led back to the horns, which is why they play such a prominent role across both logos — and can even be used as a standalone mark. The horns also give the Rams flexibility, which is why neither the “LA” logo or the ram head are considered by the franchise to be its primary mark.

“We really wanted to be strategic and smart about not necessarily utilizing one mark of the other, so while the NFL may designate the ‘LA’ as the primary mark in terms of a logo slick, we don’t really consider it that way,” Befort said. “That’s why the horn has the same shape and form across the identity, and that’s something we felt really strong about looking back into the historical side of things.”

Along those same lines, the Rams have already created stencils that would allow them to paint either logo at midfield.

“You could see one for a primetime game versus and afternoon game or could alternate every game,” Befort said. “The idea is to have flexibility and knowing that we could lean into one more than the other for any reason.”

So what they're saying (I assume at least) is that they have both multiple primary logos and no primary logo at the same time.

THEN FOR GOD'S SAKE RAMS, PICK ONE LOGO AND USE ITPersonally, I'd MUCH rather it be the new Ram head used as the primary over the LA monogram. I feel like they should delegate the LA to a secondary logo, and whatever they're trying to do with the standalone ram horn, use that as a tertiary logo. Problem solved.

“We really wanted to be strategic and smart about not necessarily utilizing one mark of the other, so while the NFL may designate the ‘LA’ as the primary mark in terms of a logo slick, we don’t really consider it that way,” Befort said.

And shouldn't it be the job of the team to designate its own primary logo?

“The idea is to have flexibility and knowing that we could lean into one more than the other for any reason.”

Then lean towards what the fans are clearly leaning towards. I'm not saying they should rebrand to that photoshopped Ram that's been circulating everywhere however. Use the new Ram head and use it well. The Rams fans will probably like it more than the LA logo.

spacer.png

58 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Pretty sure it's Dean.

I have not brushed up on my history as of late, but I believe Art Spanons of Stockton CA, was calling the uniform shots when he bought the team which ultimately drove to navy over time and Dean being the loyal failson that he is simply continued to execute his father's wishes.

2 hours ago, ramsker said:

This is where they lost it. 

“We also introduced some accent pieces you see in the gradation (of the horn),” Befort said. “The gradient from white to yellow on the part of the ‘A’ signifies that transition of our history in Los Angeles, which includes periods with white and yellow horns. And then, when you get into the other break of the horn, you start to see orange, and the idea there is to signify the sunset, which is something that is so powerful in Southern California and something that really resonates with our fan base.”

What a monumental screw up. The fact that they actually set out to use orange to signify the sunset.....

I think this is a really great exemplification of what’s wrong with some areas of sports branding right now. Approaches are becoming way too complicated, layered, cutesy, and over-detailed. When it really comes down to it, one single logo shouldn’t have to have this much “story” packed into it, and I think some beliefs out there are that a great logo has to tell a full-length novel. In my opinion, it really doesn’t.

There’s a big difference between designing a logo that communicates “Los Angeles Rams”, and one that communicates “Los Angeles sunsets and beaches and waves and Deacon Jones wore a helmet with white horns but we also wore yellow horns for a lot of years too so a little bit of both with a gradient because modern but historical too and now back to sunsets Rams”.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I think this is a really great exemplification of what’s wrong with some areas of sports branding right now. Approaches are becoming way too complicated, layered, cutesy, and over-detailed. When it really comes down to it, one single logo shouldn’t have to have this much “story” packed into it, and I think some beliefs out there are that a great logo has to tell a full-length novel. In my opinion, it really doesn’t.

There’s a big difference between designing a logo that communicates “Los Angeles Rams”, and one that communicates “Los Angeles sunsets and beaches and waves and Deacon Jones wore a helmet with white horns but we also wore yellow horns for a lot of years too so a little bit of both with a gradient because modern but historical too and now back to sunsets Rams”.

I agree 100%..whether reading or hearing directly from visually creative individuals, I feel like oftentimes the most common motivations behind popular/famous designs is "I just thought it looked really cool"...the rams' approach is very uncool.

4 hours ago, Mingjai said:

I'm with Buc. I've long thought the division between the news and discussion forums is unnecessary hair-splitting which seeming only applies to the original thread post. Every single post in the news forum ends up in discussion anyway, so why create the dichotomy when none is needed? I've been a long-time member of this board, and I think it was better when the news and discussion were all in one place.

Thirded.

Less is more and unfortunately for L@, they decided to do more.

Uniforms are going to be a nightmare.

Maybe they’ll change everything before it’s too late kinda like Sonic the Hedgehog.

One can hope.

1 hour ago, ltjets21 said:

When will the Chargers uniforms be unveiled? I couldve sworn I saw something that said 3.25.20 with a Chargers helmet.

I posted that about a dozen pages back. That was for the logo unveiling. I'd expect the uniforms in mid to late April, as other teams have confirmed to unveil their uniforms around then.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

KD better get off his high horse and listen or this "battle for LA" will change momentum due to:
1. Rams new branding not being well received
2. Chargers new branding BEING well received
3. Rams letting some big name players go
4. Chargers possibly getting a big name QB

That could hit KD right in the wallet.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Archived