Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

19 minutes ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

I posted that about a dozen pages back. That was for the logo unveiling. I'd expect the uniforms in mid to late April, as other teams have confirmed to unveil their uniforms around then.

The team expects to unveil the uniforms on April 21st, right before the draft.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they want to use the gradient effect on the '70s sporting-good-store heat-press number font?  Effing dumb mother effs.  Either make a clean break or don't.  I think gradients in sports are pretty bad, and gives a '90s type of vibe, but at least use them on a more contemporary number font.

Stupid dumb Fs.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just go all the way already.

Jaguars style two-toned helmets, but utilizing all SEVEN Rams colors now, (front to back) dark blue to royal blue to grey to white to sol to light orange to dark orange with the broken up horn gradient logo serving as the cherry on top.

It's simple, as long as you don't overthink it.

I made a quick mockup in photoshop but couldn't bring myself to share it.

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a glimpse at the likely field design, from the Chargers’ reveal video for the new logos:

spacer.png

In a later clip it looked like the other endzone has “Chargers” in it.

A logo that spans 30 yards on what will be a shared field? I doubt that’ll wind up happening. 

1 hour ago, schlim said:

Just go all the way already.

Jaguars style two-toned helmets, but utilizing all SEVEN Rams colors now, (front to back) dark blue to royal blue to grey to white to sol to light orange to dark orange with the broken up horn gradient logo serving as the cherry on top.

It's simple, as long as you don't overthink it.

I made a quick mockup in photoshop but couldn't bring myself to share it.

1 hour ago, Gobbi said:

A logo that spans 30 yards on what will be a shared field? I doubt that’ll wind up happening. 

they improved the bolt logo but it should still not be a primary mark for this exact reason, the proportions are terrible for most applications outside of the helmet...how hard is it to modernize the shield???

1 hour ago, Gobbi said:

They’re going to use removable/washable paint on the turf, just like they do at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Ford Field, Gillette Stadium and CenturyLink Field. I asked the Rams creative team about this, as well, because it wasn’t clear if they were going to use the same turf, have different sections of removable turf (like the Giants and Jets do with the end zones, though the 50-yard line is just the NFL shield) or if they’d have an entire field of turf dedicated to each team (similar to how the Cowboys use a different turf than the Cotton Bowl, which is just rolled up and stored for most of the year).

Whichever mod merged the new Chargers thread back in the LAR/LAC thread forgot the change the thread’s name. Just giving a heads up. It’s now all called “Chargers Redesign and New Uniforms 2020.”

da0Lbhs.png

4 hours ago, GFB said:

Not sure if this is legit, but it looks like gradient numbers for the Rams:

g9veoCP.jpg

fAiGB0L.jpg

Can't believe how the Chargers just keep winning here. Never would have imagined they'd ever have a chance of grabbing any of the Rams thunder. So far this week they've destroyed the Rams. Amazing. 

26 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Can't believe how the Chargers just keep winning here. Never would have imagined they'd ever have a chance of grabbing any of the Rams thunder. So far this week they've destroyed the Rams. Amazing. 

Jury’s still out until uniforms, but so far from what has been released, that’s what it’s looking like. And I think it all boils down to approach; the Rams seem to have tried way too hard, whereas the Chargers have apparently, simply, done what needed to be done. I had thought going into this offseason that the roles would’ve been reversed.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

The Chargers are still owned by the Spanos family and will therefore never win in anything that actually matters. I'll be shocked if the new Rams merchandise doesn't outsell the new Chargers merchandise by a country mile.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived