Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

The reaction to the Rams stuff by their fans is pretty bad but Eric Dickerson's response is embarassing. The logos aren't perfect and I know the uniforms certainly won't be, but it's not the worst thing ever of all time. People are calling for Demoff to be fired over this. The whole thing is an overreaction.

Maybe you don't like the LA logo, there's always the Ram head and maybe if you don't like the Ram head then there's the horn or the helmet. You have options and the team even says as much.

"We really wanted to be strategic and smart about not necessarily utilizing one mark of the other, so while the NFL may designate the ‘LA’ as the primary mark in terms of a logo slick, we don’t really consider it that way,” Befort said. “That’s why the horn has the same shape and form across the identity, and that’s something we felt really strong about looking back into the historical side of things.”

The reality is the Rams could put a turd emoji as the team logo and it wouldn't matter because the helmet is the driving force.

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

The reaction to the Rams stuff by their fans is pretty bad but Eric Dickerson's response is embarassing. The logos aren't perfect and I know the uniforms certainly won't be, but it's not the worst thing ever of all time. People are calling for Demoff to be fired over this. The whole thing is an overreaction.

Maybe you don't like the LA logo, there's always the Ram head and maybe if you don't like the Ram head then there's the horn or the helmet. You have options and the team even says as much.

The reality is the Rams could put a turd emoji as the team logo and it wouldn't matter because the helmet is the driving force.

And if they use that horn for the helmet what then?

13 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

...unless the turd emoji ended up being on the helmet. 

There’s a very real possibility that the helmet horns will match the horns from the new ‘LA’ logo, at which point all of the criticism they’ve received up to this point will just be amplified that much more, and deservedly so. If the helmets and uniforms are left mostly unchanged I think a lot of people would be willing to forgive the logos, but all indications are that that won’t be the case. And if the helmet horns do indeed match the horns from the new ‘LA’ logo then they may as well have put a turd emoji on the helmet because they’ll have :censored: on an iconic design.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

KD better get off his high horse and listen or this "battle for LA" will change momentum due to:
1. Rams new branding not being well received
2. Chargers new branding BEING well received
3. Rams letting some big name players go
4. Chargers possibly getting a big name QB

That could hit KD right in the wallet.

Chargers are going to be even more lousy than last year. They aren’t winning this yet. This is just one small spike and then it will be back to every game being an away game for the chargers.

2 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Does the new logo and the style of the horns on it absolutely mean that the iconic Ram horns on the helmet are changing too to mirror the logo?

Their helmet is so iconic that could they have left it completely alone?

i think it would be very odd if the helmet didn't reflect the new logos. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

3 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i think it would be very odd if the helmet didn't reflect the new logos. 

Yep. At this point I think the best we can hope for is that the helmet horns will match the horns from the ram head logo. But even that is starting to seem increasingly unlikely.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

...unless the turd emoji ended up being on the helmet. 

There’s a very real possibility that the helmet horns will match the horns from the new ‘LA’ logo, at which point all of the criticism they’ve received up to this point will just be amplified that much more, and deservedly so. If the helmets and uniforms are left mostly unchanged I think a lot of people would be willing to forgive the logos, but all indications are that that won’t be the case. And if the helmet horns do indeed match the horns from the new ‘LA’ logo then they may as well have put a turd emoji on the helmet because they’ll have :censored: on an iconic design.

It's going to upset some people, yes, but I see this as something similar to the Vikings. The idea that the Rams have a horn on the helmet will still be there. I don't personally find the idea to be anything too drastic if it's the same signature idea. A sorta different horn design isn't a deal breaker for me personally.

bSLCtu2.png

30 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

And it's probably going to be ruined by that dumb segmented horn. 

7 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

It's going to upset some people, yes, but I see this as something similar to the Vikings. The idea that the Rams have a horn on the helmet will still be there. I don't personally find the idea to be anything too drastic if it's the same signature idea. A sorta different horn design isn't a deal breaker for me personally.

It's worse though. That's what differentiates it from the Vikings' upgrade 😛

And before you get on me with "well maybe in your opinion" hot takes? Yes. 

And I'm not alone. The new horn design doesn't seem very popular. This is Exhibit A of trying to fix what isn't broken. 

1 minute ago, IceCap said:

And it's probably going to be ruined by that dumb segmented horn. 

I don't really understand the segmented part of the horn. I know it's suppose to represent the Ram's head at an angle but when you attach it to the LA like that it doesn't really work.

bSLCtu2.png

6 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

It would cause a riot to change the horn. That specific horn has been the same for 80 years. You don’t change that just because we want it to match our :censored:ty branding that is :censored:ty.

Just now, Old School Fool said:

I don't really understand the segmented part of the horn. I know it's suppose to represent the Ram's head at an angle but when you attach it to the LA like that it doesn't really work.

Yeah. The segmented horn only works with the ram head. They should have stuck with the traditional horn for the LA logo. I don't think I'd mind it nearly as much if they kept the classic horn shape. 

I find it funny that they stated emphatically that they want the horn to match across all the branding....

then they put this out there

Horn-System.png
they can’t even unify the horn for the actual Ram’s Head. I know others have seen it and glossed over it but why doesn’t the Ram have the gradient that they seem so proud of?

And now I’m seeing that the lines are different thickness on the head too.

how does a professional company screw this up so easily?

16 hours ago, LogoFan said:

Very minor, but from what I can tell from their known blue of 2019, it looks like they went just the smallest shade lighter on blue.

spacer.png

It was, and still is, this:

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I want to hate the Chargers smiley face logo, but it's just sooo crazy it works.  They're trying to be young, hip, cool -- I get it.  Pretty fun secondary logo, will be great for stickers/emoji/useless chotchkies/t-shirts/hats.  I like it, very unique. 

It's not part of the official set of logos.

The new Rams logo is so meh to me. They really would have been better off going with the new Ram head as a primary and having the LA monogram as the alternate. 

Love the new Chargers logo. Near-perfect modernization imo. 

Archived