OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

11 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Oh I know, I just didn't want to get too complicated in my response :) But honestly I love hearing it and I kinda geek out on color talk so it's cool to hear someone who knows even more than me explain it. I worked at a printing press in the early 2000's, but I've been almost exclusively digital designing now these past 10 years. Sigh, I miss the print world...

If you worked at a printing press and are digital designing professionally, then I definitely don't know more than you do about this stuff. I'm just an enthusiast to be honest.

2 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

You really don’t see a similarity in the new blue and this?

spacer.png

On 3/19/2020 at 9:33 AM, FormerLurker said:

Chargers new blue is pretty much purple and it is effing sweeeeet 

if I get permission I’ll post pics

That looks pretty much blue honestly. "pretty much purple" is more something like this:
spacer.png

46 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

I'm still looking for posts where you called it periwinkle before the unveiling...You called it a "new blue" but it's the same blue...

You could have said "The Chargers are not going with navy anymore" ..."light blue and yellow only for the Chargers" ... "If you like classic colors, you'll love the new Chargers logo".

Instead you went with "pretty much purple". 

There are a hundred different ways to describe the Chargers new logo/wordmark without using "purple". 

36 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

There are a hundred different ways to describe the Chargers new logo/wordmark without using "purple". 

Probably should have used "light urple."

T4nnbLl.jpg

Has anyone thought of the idea that they might get powder blue helmets since the logo seems to be made for a colored background? 

2 hours ago, doctorpeligro said:

I may be the exception here, but I think there would have been value for the Chargers to use black as an accessory color.

It would have eliminated the need for a double-trimmed bolt on a blue background, and it would have been a reference to their 1960s logo set.

spacer.png

I'm with you 100%.  That is worlds better than the double-outline.  Although I suspect they would add a blue outline around the black for any other background color.

They'd also need blue facemasks so there's some blue on the helmet.

49 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

spacer.png

Yeah, but that's not purple.

46 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

still looking for posts where you called it periwinkle before the unveiling...You called it a "new blue" but it's the same blue...

Actually, that was me that mentioned periwinkle. Nothing with the chargers specifically, just that it'd be a nice color for a football team.

1 hour ago, FormerLurker said:

spacer.png

Keep digging

1 hour ago, FormerLurker said:

spacer.png

1. That doesn’t look like the blue the chargers used.

2. That doesn’t look purple. 
3. stop making up b.s.

2 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

spacer.png

I see a similarity between this and the old washed out photos Of the team from the 60s. 

This would be a good time for a former lurker who has claimed to have seen the new uniforms to drop a tidbit that can be verified in the future that isn't about purple. Because I don't see any credibility remaining otherwise.

3 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

spacer.png

Looks like UNC's blue

Not that the logo sheet is the end all be all (Bears orange pants comes to mind), but it does imply that there might be a full royal and full navy color rush. Also note the lack of white on the navy one (probably come out with some "midnight storm" theme that's just navy and yellow)

spacer.png

@FormerLurker first the Chiefs bs, now this...

I'm sorry. Nothing about the shade of blue the Chargers went with or the shade you're trying to claim you thought you saw seem remotely "purple" to me.

Look, I have no idea why you're spreading bs. Best I can tell? It's the thrill of trolling the community and watching everyone trip over themselves as they speculate about what you "leak." That HAS to be it, because I otherwise see no value in lying to everyone when the reveal will eventually prove you wrong anyway. What's the end goal? What are you getting out of this?

The fact is that people here have long memories. That "once it's on the internet it's there forever" is true doesn't help you either, because someone can ALWAYS go back and dig up your own crap. So my advice to you? Stop it. If you want to continue to be a member here in relatively good standing? Just drop the Reddit-level bs rumours and try to be better. If you manage it long enough? People will mostly forgive you and just occasionally rib you about these missteps. Keep it up and you become another @BradyIsMyHomeboy or @TheSoundofThrowingPennies- just some Reddit-level troll who got off lying about NFL uniform changes annually.

6 minutes ago, TornadoGTS said:

Not that the logo sheet is the end all be all (Bears orange pants comes to mind), but it does imply that there might be a full royal and full navy color rush. Also note the lack of white on the navy one (probably come out with some "midnight storm" theme that's just navy and yellow)

spacer.png

Where’d you find the logo sheet?

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

Where’d you find the logo sheet?

A friend of mine who works in media shot it my way

2 minutes ago, TornadoGTS said:

A friend of mine who works in media shot it my way

Ahh I see, just curious.

Here’s a rendering of the full Chargers field design:

spacer.png