Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, IceCap said:

Kevin Demoff, part of the Rams' front office who's been the "face" of the rebrand efforts since the move back to LA.

Ah,  I didn’t realize we were at the stage of using nicknames for executives. I knew of Demoff but couldn’t have told you what his given name was in a million years (or the vast majority of sports executives, tbh)

07Giants.pngnyy.png

2 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

Ah,  I didn’t realize we were at the stage of using nicknames for executives. I knew of Demoff but couldn’t have told you what his given name was in a million years (or the vast majority of sports executives, tbh)

He's made it hard not to know his name if you've been following the Rams' branding saga since moving back to LA. He's made himself the face of it, as I've said.

6 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I'm wondering (and hoping) if there's a chance we still see the old un-segmented horn on the helmets. Consider this logo: 580b585b2edbce24c47b2b5b.png

It has white highlights yet they were not included on the helmet.

I never liked that cartoonish logo. 

I've never seen a powder blue helmet I've liked. It's a great jersey colour, but it's awful as a helmet shell colour. Gimmicky finishes don't change that. 

I can accept we're not getting the powder blue throwbacks back as they were. They're going to tweak them. What I would like to see...

White helmets.

No numbers on the helmets. The numbers work with the throwbacks because they're a very simple font that works in the context of being a throwback. Trying to replicate that with a number font that was consistent across the uniform will only make the helmets look busy. 

Fix the shoulder bolts. No more upside down/across the shoulder bolts. They need to return to the over the shoulder loops with the bolts. 

Fix the pants stripe. Maybe they don't need to go back to the throwback bolt pattern, but the wavy "tribal" bolt they have down the sides of their pants needs to go. Something simpler would work wonders. 

39 minutes ago, IceCap said:

I've never seen a powder blue helmet I've liked. It's a great jersey colour, but it's awful as a helmet shell colour. Gimmicky finishes don't change that. 

It's a tough color to get right across mediums. I thought the 2009 Oilers throwbacks were great, but even here you can tell the shades of blue aren't exactly the same.

9190347.jpg

That being said, the Chargers should NEVER wear a powder blue helmet. Stick to white. Powder blue requires extra attention to color balance, due to how light it can be in contrast to dark colors, but how heavy it can be on its own or paired with a color like yellow. That's why the Royals' and Rangers' powder blue caps don't look great. The color balance is thrown off. In those cases, solid blue caps work better. Likewise, the Chargers need a white helmet to balance the colors properly.

37 minutes ago, Bmac said:

It's a tough color to get right across mediums. I thought the 2009 Oilers throwbacks were great, but even here you can tell the shades of blue aren't exactly the same.

That's probably the best attempt, but that's still my least favourite Oilers helmet. 

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

Fix the pants stripe. Maybe they don't need to go back to the throwback bolt pattern, but the wavy "tribal" bolt they have down the sides of their pants needs to go. Something simpler would work wonders. 

My first impression when I saw the logos revealed was that they could use the little bolt icon running down their pants stripes just like the Seahawks use their abstract Seahawk icon repeating down their pant stripes.

13 hours ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

f3qwoffowjrdkeospc2d.jpg

Reading too much into this maybe ....but if you zoom in on players in this picture they seem to have white helmets,yellow facemask and looks like no powder blue stripe on the pants 

k1zLzw3.gif

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

6 hours ago, IceCap said:

This is by far the best one IMO, even if it's a lighter shade of purple than the Chargers are switching to.  Regardless, any color helmet besides white would be the wrong choice. 

ct2gw2kynoqmaodygriy   b5b7ab4b-0a53-418a-bafc-0ab32cb52dd7.siz

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 3/27/2020 at 8:09 AM, Gothamite said:

I'm with you 100%.  That is worlds better than the double-outline.  Although I suspect they would add a blue outline around the black for any other background color.

They'd also need blue facemasks so there's some blue on the helmet.

I like it, too. It allows you to use the same bolt *regardless* of background color, which is much easier than jumping through all the hoops people do to keep things consistent or on the same background color. It doesn’t look right with the wordmark, but that’s probably correctable. This idea would also work with dark blue trim instead of black.

Heck, I’d even like to see a solid yellow bolt with no trim, and have the team emphasize white and yellow (with light blue being used for the base of the jersey, pants, socks, and white jersey numbers/stripes, of course). I love the simplicity of this look, and their current color scheme would only make it better:

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

This is by far the best one IMO, even if it's a lighter shade of purple than the Chargers are switching to.  Regardless, any color helmet besides white would be the wrong choice. 

ct2gw2kynoqmaodygriy   b5b7ab4b-0a53-418a-bafc-0ab32cb52dd7.siz

Definitely. I love the Oilers throwback, but this is the best. Honestly, this uniform is a contrasting pant stripe away from being a perfect uniform, which a big complement given how high my standard is for that sort of thing.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I was just wondering with all of the stores etc. being closed because of this virus. Is a Rams (or any other teams') jersey leak even possible at this point? The Titans' Mariota jersey leak was from a retailer. But, with stores closed, I wouldn't imagine that any jerseys would be getting shipped to any stores. I guess we would have to hope for a leak from an online retailer? Just wondering what you guys think.

Archived