OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

On 6/10/2019 at 6:59 PM, Silver_Star said:

Or maybe they should just ditch navy altogether for one!

See, was I right about the Chargers? This post I replied to about a year ago and look what happened? They ditched navy blue.

As for the Los Angeles Rams, why on earth would they go with that silly 1990's NBA/NHL gradient job? That is disgusting. Why do that at all? I mean who in their right minds go about creating a stupid logo with the words LA and have the horn curled in it as a afterthought while they could of just used the word and or the ram's head as one and then another is to use a Rams with the R having the rams horn curled while Los Angeles is above the word Rams. I guess Kevin is not a genius afterall.

The more I see the new LA logo side-by-side next to other team logos, the more I think the new ram head logo needs to be used as the primary.

spacer.png

The LA logo continues to look so out of place

11 hours ago, Chawls said:

It did. In fact, it even had a blue counterpart that’s virtually never mentioned here. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Criminally underrated in Rams history was that blue over white set which also had a road jersey with UCLA stripes:

orig.jpg

1278.jpg?w=960

1963+new.jpg

40 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Criminally underrated in Rams history was that blue over white set which also had a road jersey with UCLA stripes:

orig.jpg

1278.jpg?w=960

1963+new.jpg

I knew of that blue over white set (which I agree is absolutely beautiful), but I’m floored that I’ve never, ever seen that UCLA stripe uniform before. Wow. It’s such a nice uniform, and yet looks so bizarre and out of place all at the same time.

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The more I see the new LA logo side-by-side next to other team logos, the more I think the new ram head logo needs to be used as the primary.

The LA logo continues to look so out of place

Of course it’ll look out of place at first. I think a lot of that is just familiarity.

I didn't think I'd ever mistake the Rams' horn for a Chargers bolt but apparently that's possible now. I wouldn't have a problem with the Rams logo if the horn was fixed. It would have been hilarious if the Chargers would have changed it to powder blue and unveiled it the next day.

I wonder if the Rams went with royal and the Chargers went with powder blue because they were afraid the other was going with navy. The Rams, Chargers, Dodgers, and UCLA all seem like one pile of brands now. Even more reason the Chargers should move, ideally to St. Louis.

For the Chargers, I'm fine with powder blue being the main color but I think navy should have stayed as a secondary. Too much history with navy to completely eliminate it. 

For the Chargers helmet hear me out...

Matte white with powder blue speckles

*wait for it...*

*insert inevitable backlash*

aaaaaaannnndddddd....

spacer.png

Even I'll admit the blue L@ with the yellow horn is weird. 

I didn't notice this before:

"The font and numbers, like a souped-up Shelby, symbolize speed, power and constant forward motion while their placement within the brand is a nod to modifying a classic."

6 minutes ago, heavybass said:

I wonder if the Chargers will go for a new bolt decal?

Considering they updated the bolt logo, it seems pretty obvious that there will be new bolt decals as well. If you’re wondering if they’re gonna go with vertical bolt decals like the ones in that pattern or the one coming off the ‘A’ in the word mark, then the answer is, quite simply, no.

On 3/25/2020 at 10:02 PM, hawk36 said:

Can't believe how the Chargers just keep winning here. Never would have imagined they'd ever have a chance of grabbing any of the Rams thunder. So far this week they've destroyed the Rams. Amazing. 

This kinda reads like a Donald Trump tweet lol

The LA/horn logo is fundamentally flawed, but I get the concept when it's the white LA and gold gradient horn on blue. The version they're using for light backgrounds- with the blue LA- ruin it. The part of the A that forms part of the horn is no longer yellow, which means the segmented horn loses the effect. It's now just a wonky A with a yellow crescent moon. 

The only way to make the logo work as intended on a light coloured background is to use the white LA/yellow horn logo in a blue outline. Which muddies things up a bit. It's just not a logo that can work across all applications as it's been designed, which is a major mark against it. 

1 hour ago, Bruhammydude said:

This kinda reads like a Donald Trump tweet lol

Can't believe how the Chargers just keep WINNING here! Never would have imagined they'd ever have a Chance of grabbing any of the Rams "Thunder." So far this week they've DESTROYED the Rams. Amazing!

On 3/28/2020 at 2:37 PM, dont care said:

Jesus Christ how many times is that painting going to be posted. Every time makes me hate gold uniforms even more.

That’s how I feel about this logo. I’m seeing it everywhere, but it’s never going to be official. I don’t even think it’s an improvement. It’s cramming too much.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Ben in LA said:

That’s how I feel about this logo. I’m seeing it everywhere, but it’s never going to be official. I don’t even think it’s an improvement. It’s cramming too much.

spacer.png

Agreed. It's a pictogram not a good logo.