Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Criminally underrated in Rams history was that blue over white set which also had a road jersey with UCLA stripes:

orig.jpg

1278.jpg?w=960

1963+new.jpg

What floored me about that set was how the Minnesota Vikings tended to make their own knock off version since they had the Northwestern Sleeve Stripes like the Rams 1950-1963 design was like. They also copied their 1959-1963 UCLA shoulder stripes too. Go on Gridiron Uniform Database and snag the uniforms from the Rams and Vikings and look at how similar the Vikings knock off of the Rams 1959-1963 set.

46 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

What floored me about that set was how the Minnesota Vikings tended to make their own knock off version since they had the Northwestern Sleeve Stripes like the Rams 1950-1963 design was like. They also copied their 1959-1963 UCLA shoulder stripes too. Go on Gridiron Uniform Database and snag the uniforms from the Rams and Vikings and look at how similar the Vikings knock off of the Rams 1959-1963 set.

The connection isn’t a coincidence. 

A lot of the early staff on the Vikings came from the Rams. 

I suspect that the source image for the new Rams logo was found on Google Image search. If you do a GIS for Ram + Sheep it's sitting on the first page. Yes, a picture of a ram should look like a ram but it really seems like it's THIS particular picture t hat was used. Here it is with the logo overlaid on top.

NRjR3yU.jpg

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

Some of us are old enough to remember watching those in the 60s and 70s.

It's where I sit.

50 minutes ago, Cujo said:

ThE rAmS wOuLd Be UnDeFeAtEd In ThEsE !!!!

f0633d763421b2695d1084b979267eee.jpg

I have my doubts. I'd worry that insufficient separation between white and yellow may cause a lot of interceptions, and the players may find all the yellow to be sort of irritating, making them 3% less effective.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 3/28/2020 at 2:10 PM, duxrcool048 said:

I was just wondering with all of the stores etc. being closed because of this virus. Is a Rams (or any other teams') jersey leak even possible at this point? The Titans' Mariota jersey leak was from a retailer. But, with stores closed, I wouldn't imagine that any jerseys would be getting shipped to any stores. I guess we would have to hope for a leak from an online retailer? Just wondering what you guys think.

Online retailers have been the source of many leaks over the years. 

9 hours ago, Darth Brooks said:

I suspect that the source image for the new Rams logo was found on Google Image search. If you do a GIS for Ram + Sheep it's sitting on the first page. Yes, a picture of a ram should look like a ram but it really seems like it's THIS particular picture t hat was used. Here it is with the logo overlaid on top.

NRjR3yU.jpg

Aside from not actually lining up at all, that lines up perfectly! ;) 

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The problem I have with the Rams LA logo is that there's two different versions to use on a white background.

The second one I posted is the much better one. This logo needs the gradient for it to work.

8334_los_angeles_rams-primary-20201.png

800px-Los_Angeles_Rams_logo.svg.png

I think the added dark yellow, darker shade of blue and grey is opening up Nike to do some dumb outlandish ish once the nfl approves more helmets. Hopefully I’m wrong but if the rules are you can only use official colors on uniforms then this opens up a can of BS! 

19 hours ago, IceCap said:

The LA/horn logo is fundamentally flawed, but I get the concept when it's the white LA and gold gradient horn on blue. The version they're using for light backgrounds- with the blue LA- ruin it. The part of the A that forms part of the horn is no longer yellow, which means the segmented horn loses the effect. It's now just a wonky A with a yellow crescent moon. 

The only way to make the logo work as intended on a light coloured background is to use the white LA/yellow horn logo in a blue outline. Which muddies things up a bit. It's just not a logo that can work across all applications as it's been designed, which is a major mark against it. 

They talked so much about how they wanted their logo to make use of all the new screens in their new stadium. How it looks in digital seemed to take precedent, which I think was a huge mistake. 

1 hour ago, jgiff17 said:

I think the added dark yellow, darker shade of blue and grey is opening up Nike to do some dumb outlandish ish once the nfl approves more helmets. Hopefully I’m wrong but if the rules are you can only use official colors on uniforms then this opens up a can of BS! 

It's not dark yellow. They actually touted that it is Orange, to represent the California sunset. What a fantastic screw up. 

Archived