Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

What's worse: Supporting a team with a hated brand and an insulting COO or supporting Spanos? 

3 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

The second one. By a mile. 

Yes. Dean Spanos is always the worse option. I chose the Glazers over that idiot. 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

You can not like what the logos and uniforms are, but PLEASE try not to overexaggerate how bad it is, that's just as bad if not worse. Go read the Rams social media replies, this teams fan base cares more about how it looks than the team on the field right now and that's kind of pathetic. "Hey we resigned this guy!" and the replies to it are like "LOGO LOOK LIKE A PENIS!!!!!!!!!" Come on. This is a team that was in the Super Bowl a year ago and now got rid of a top RB and suffers from various other issues. I understand the brand is bad looking to some people but people need to get it together.

It's just timing. Right now people are shut in and can't work. They have nothing else to talk about, really.

Correct me if I'm wrong but what Kroenke did in leaving St. Louis is worse than what Spanos did.

St. Louis had basically committed to building Kroenke a new stadium and he still left. Spanos left after the San Diego vote failed.

I do think Kroenke ultimately did return the Rams to where they "belong". Righting the wrong committed by Frontiere.

2 minutes ago, colortv said:

St. Louis had basically committed to building Kroenke a new stadium

Committing to do something and actually doing something are two very different things.

1 minute ago, Quillz said:

Committing to do something and actually doing something are two very different things.

Maybe, but if anything is clear from this whole saga it's that Kroenke was determined to get to LA at all costs, literally.

Correct me if I'm wrong but what Kroenke did in leaving St. Louis is worse than what Spanos did.

You're wrong. 

Kroenke turned down tax payer money he didn't need or want from St. Louis/Missouri so he could build his own stadium on his own land with his own money. 

All pro sports owners should be like Stan Kroenke in that respect. 

19 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Go read the Rams social media replies, this teams fan base cares more about how it looks than the team on the field right now and that's kind of pathetic. "Hey we resigned this guy!" and the replies to it are like "LOGO LOOK LIKE A PENIS!!!!!!!!!" Come on. This is a team that was in the Super Bowl a year ago and now got rid of a top RB and suffers from various other issues. I understand the brand is bad looking to some people but people need to get it together.

I don't follow players too closely, but yea more fans are concerned about the team itself, I'll give ya that.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

8 minutes ago, colortv said:

Maybe, but if anything is clear from this whole saga it's that Kroenke was determined to get to LA at all costs, literally.

Which was the smart business move. You go from a smaller market to a larger market. (Cue Onion article about the NFL moving all teams to LA).

9 minutes ago, IceCap said:

You're wrong. 

Kroenke turned down tax payer money he didn't need or want from St. Louis/Missouri so he could build his own stadium on his own land with his own money. 

This is also true to an extent. We don't need to be financing billionaires.

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

You're wrong. 

Kroenke and Spanos both ended up with a privately financed arena in another city, the one they share.

Kroenke and Spanos both ended up with a privately financed arena in another city, the one they share.

Which proves IceCap's point, doesn't it? St. Louis didn't offer Kroenke what he wanted.

1 minute ago, dont care said:

But spanos is just a tenant paying rent

Yeah, I guess a lot of people still don't understand it's the Rams' stadium. They let the Chargers stay there. It's not a 50-50 ownership, the Rams are the landlord and the Chargers are the tenant. It's different from the setup at Staples (although with the Clippers moving out soon it won't matter).

2 hours ago, colortv said:

First, it doesn't disprove my point. Secondly? Spanos is, as others have pointed out, a tennant. It's not his stadium. Sure, he's getting a good deal. Still? He's second fiddle in "his" own building.

9 hours ago, colortv said:

St. Louis had basically committed to building Kroenke a new stadium and he still left. Spanos left after the San Diego vote failed.

Yeah and Kroenke would have had to put up some of his own money to pay for that stadium.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

14 hours ago, colortv said:

As if the Chargers were a franchise with some massive rabid fan base as is.

You will never see anything like this happen for the Chargers in LA:

10,000+ people would show up to rallies after road wins consistently during the 2000s. Tens of thousands of people showed up for a parade downtown after the Chargers LOST the Super Bowl. San Diegans donated a collective 77,000 pints of blood to the Chargers' annual blood drive during its 40-year run.

Meanwhile, LA can't even fill a tiny soccer stadium with Chargers fans for their "home games." You're talking out of your ass when you dismiss the loyal support that San Diego gave to a franchise that didn't really deserve it - especially in comparison to the proven apathy towards the Chargers in LA.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Let's be honest - it's similar for the Rams too.

Around the 1:30 mark, you hear the PBP guy reference all the Eagles fans, and then you can hear the crowd noise when they score a TD around 1:38.  I'll internet fight the notion that the Rams are some beloved team that sell out of home fans and are rallied around by the whole town.  I'll reassess after the new stadium opens, as those things do have the ability to effect dramatic changes in support.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived