Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

53 minutes ago, MDGP said:

DMA and MSA honestly aren't the greatest metrics either, since the cutoffs are pretty arbitrary. Jacksonville's DMA and MSA don't take into account Gainesville, which is a single county over and about an hour drive away. That adds nearly 150,000 population that we know is obsessed with football. Sure, it doesn't make Jacksonville a MASSIVE market, but it puts it in the Cincinnati-Kansas City range, both of which are successful enough franchises.

Well, obsessed with Florida Gators football.  I lived there for five years and I don't remember the Jaguars having any presence in Gainesville.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

You're right about this, but I've got to say -- I had no idea Jacksonville was Florida's largest city, by population, and certainly not by that wide of a margin. That floors me. I know nothing about Florida. 

It's weirdly huge in terms of how much space is Jacksonville city limits, compared with most American cities.

Jax has twice the population of Miami, but also like 300 times the land area; that stat "feels" wrong if you've been to either/both because Miami feels so much more built up, but the density of what you think of as "Miami" is technically spread across Miami and Miami Beach and Hialeah as independent political entities.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

5 minutes ago, See Red said:

Well, obsessed with Florida Gators football.  I lived there for five years and I don't remember the Jaguars having any presence in Gainesville.

Right, ultimately the theory that people obsessed with football will be obsessed with all levels of football isn't actually infallible, as proven by the Jaguars.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

You're right about this, but I've got to say -- I had no idea Jacksonville was Florida's largest city, by population, and certainly not by that wide of a margin. That floors me. I know nothing about Florida. 

It's the largest city, but it's about 4 million behind Miami when it comes to metro population. 

49 minutes ago, MDGP said:

Right, ultimately the theory that people obsessed with football will be obsessed with all levels of football isn't actually infallible, as proven by the Jaguars.

And it's a garbage theory in both directions; see UMass playing horrific football in front of sub-MLS crowds in Foxborough.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

20 minutes ago, Digby said:

And it's a garbage theory in both directions; see UMass playing horrific football in front of sub-MLS crowds in Foxborough.

Very true. As someone from New England, I’ve experienced it first hand. We just don’t care in the least about college sports besides hockey. It certainly doesn’t help that BC is far and away the biggest school athletically, and most of New England hates them. 

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

9 minutes ago, MDGP said:

Very true. As someone from New England, I’ve experienced it first hand. We just don’t care in the least about college sports besides hockey. It certainly doesn’t help that BC is far and away the biggest school athletically, and most of New England hates them. 

Most of the Northeast is apathetic about college football not just New England.

21 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Most of the Northeast is apathetic about college football not just New England.

I can confirm that the Philadelphia area only cares about their "Iggles" football. I'm one of the rare ones around here that cares more about college than pro and doesn't care for the Eagles.

22 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Mexico City?

Mexico City is best case for the Chargers. there was a strong Chargers contingent down there for the game this year, you keep the Tijuana fanbase/win back the ones who left, and possibly win back some of the old San Diego fans. you play in a rabid environment with an extreme homefield advantage, and not only do you get out of sharing a stadium, you get a whole country to yourself.

20 hours ago, dont care said:

They design them though...

I don’t know if every project is like this, but from what I understand, the league designs the helmets and sends them down the assembly line as if they’re a logo or wordmark.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

The embroidered gradient is brutal, especially from white to yellow:

Woof.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, axiom20xx said:

Mexico City is best case for the Chargers. there was a strong Chargers contingent down there for the game this year, you keep the Tijuana fanbase/win back the ones who left, and possibly win back some of the old San Diego fans.

Wow, do you really think people are gonna travel 1,700 miles for any football game? 

51 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

The embroidered gradient is brutal, especially from white to yellow:

Should've just made it white instead of gradient but then it would look identical to the college logo they ripped off of which we aren't allowed to discuss anymore. 

4 hours ago, Digby said:

It's weirdly huge in terms of how much space is Jacksonville city limits, compared with most American cities.

Jax has twice the population of Miami, but also like 300 times the land area; that stat "feels" wrong if you've been to either/both because Miami feels so much more built up, but the density of what you think of as "Miami" is technically spread across Miami and Miami Beach and Hialeah as independent political entities.

Exactly, that's why it always bugged me when people mention that Jacksonville is the largest city in Florida. They essentially annexed the whole county as Jacksonville city limits, so if you stripped it down to its core it would probably be 4th/5th in the state

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

rams management either did not bother to test their logo on physical merchandise or whomever approved this horrible logo package has no business being a decision maker.

Yup. For every bad design, someone came up with the idea, someone executed it, and someone approved it.

When we get an unveiling of something along the lines of the Buffaslug, the Mooterus, the Clippers PiR, or the OKC Thunder placeholder, I wonder in which phase of the design process did something go terrribly wrong lol.

Archived