Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JayMac said:

I can confirm that the Philadelphia area only cares about their "Iggles" football. I'm one of the rare ones around here that cares more about college than pro and doesn't care for the Eagles.

I remember Temple hosting GameDay against Notre Dame. Some of the rare times Northeasterners outside of State College, Piscataway (sometimes) went crazy for college football.

Edit: BC hosted a few as well when the team was respectable or when a big team came to town.

3 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

The embroidered gradient is brutal, especially from white to yellow:

The gradient is bad, but the gray shading on the A looks terrible too.

Good thing they picked royal and sol.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, Digby said:

It's weirdly huge in terms of how much space is Jacksonville city limits, compared with most American cities.

Jax has twice the population of Miami, but also like 300 times the land area; that stat "feels" wrong if you've been to either/both because Miami feels so much more built up, but the density of what you think of as "Miami" is technically spread across Miami and Miami Beach and Hialeah as independent political entities.

1 hour ago, TornadoGTS said:

Exactly, that's why it always bugged me when people mention that Jacksonville is the largest city in Florida. They essentially annexed the whole county as Jacksonville city limits, so if you stripped it down to its core it would probably be 4th/5th in the state

Jacksonville is the largest major city in America by land mass if my math is correct

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

The gradient is bad, but the gray shading on the A looks terrible too

It looks more like someone tried to create it on the embroidery machine at Lids rather than it being an official New Era production.

4 hours ago, rjrrzube said:

Wow, do you really think people are gonna travel 1,700 miles for any football game? 

there's a couple things you're missing. 

A. the Chargers have a strong fanbase in Mexico because of the time in SD and proximity to the border. 

B. that fanbase in TJ would be deeply loyal to a team in Mexico City, I think you're severely underestimating the pride the whole country would have for any team that moved there.

C. for the price of a parking pass to StubHub Center, or probably less than the cost of a parking pass to the new stadium, you can fly round trip from Tijuana to Mexico City.

5 minutes ago, axiom20xx said:

A. the Chargers have a strong fanbase in Mexico because of the time in SD and proximity to the border. 

B. that fanbase in TJ would be deeply loyal to a team in Mexico City, I think you're severely underestimating the pride the whole country would have for any team that moved there.

C. for the price of a parking pass to StubHub Center, or probably less than the cost of a parking pass to the new stadium, you can fly round trip from Tijuana to Mexico City.

Mexico City is amazing (as long as you avoid one or two districts) but outside of it, Monterrey, and maybe another couple of economic centers, Mexico isn't really full of people with tons of disposable income.  I'm not sure what the situation is in TJ, but when I was there, it didn't seem like the kind of place where people could just fly to CDMX and spend NFL prices for some Sunday entertainment.  I think it'd become a great road trip place for American fans as soon as it starts to be "exposed".  I can't tell you how many people I talk to about CDMX that have no idea how big and nice most of it is, and how much there is to do over not just a long weekend, but even a full week (or more.)

Plus, at least from EWR, it's often possible to fly r/t nonstop for around $220.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

28 minutes ago, axiom20xx said:

And they can get all three of those...in San Diego. And not only would they have the Mexican fanbase willing to jump back in, they'd also get to scoop back up the San Diego fanbase that was spurned by Spanos' desperate attempt to suckle from Kroenke's teat in Los Angeles. 

Dunno about you, but I'd say the Chargers going back to San Diego is a lot better of an idea then them going to Mexico City.

3 minutes ago, colortv said:

Uniwatch says the Rams unveil will be in May, has an NFL team waited that long before?

Well, if it's anything like the abominations the Falcons are trotting out, I'd be very concerned about the prominence of gradients in the logo set.

11 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

I'm the only one who don't understand that meme with Gator?

Last week, there was a joke put out to ban people who posted the Rams Yellow Uniform Painting, and one of the joke proposals was to put an image filter on it.

Read Page 352 of the thread. 

da0Lbhs.png

52 minutes ago, Hat Boy said:

That yellow jersey looks pretty good, but I would need to see it as a painting before I can make a definitive judgment.

You know a thread has come a long way when it has it’s own inside joke.

spacer.png

Archived